Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-21-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Any Fellow Screen Shot junkies??

I was just curious if there were any other gamers in here that really enjoy taking screen shots while gaming. Being
a professional photographer, there has always been a part of me that enjoyed taking great screen shots. World of
Warcraft was really the first game that I got really serious about taking screen shots. I must have taken at least
3,000 screen shots playing WOW, during the 5+ years that I played it.

As much as I enjoyed taking screen shots playing WOW, it was really GTA V that raised my interest to a whole new level.
The weather and lighting effects in GTA V were absolutely amazing. Add that to a massive living breathing world and....well,
the opprotunities for taking amazing screen shots was really incredible. In all honesty, it was almost like a photographic
simulator. The only thing missing was the ability to actully use a camera in game, one that allowed you to switch lenses
and zoom in and out. Had they incorporated something like that into the game, it really could have been a true photographic
simulator. Still, even without those abilities, the pictures that people were taking in game were incredibly creative and
stunningly beautiful. I have to admit, I spent like 3-4 weeks doing nothing but taking in game pictures. If you enjoy that
sort of thing, GTA V was just hugely addicting in this regard.

Anyways, I was cleaning my hardrive and stumbled onto my GTA V picture folder and I really enjoyed looking through them
again as it has been a couple of years since I took them. I figured it might be interesting to start a thread on the subject so
people could post up some of thier best gaming screen shots. I know I would love to see some of the work others have done.
It doesnt matter what game. In fact, the more diverse the better. I was going to post this up in the digital photograhy thread,
but I figured the gaming forum is probably more suitable. So for those interested in this subject, lets see some of your best
gaming screen shots!! I'll post up a few of mine from GTA V.

Picture taking in GTA V actually became quite popular back when the game first came out. There were even a couple of
articles written on the topic, including one by Esquire Magazine. Both Esquire and Buzzfeed wound up using a few of my
pictures in their articles. Here they are in case your interested in checking them out.

"GTA V Photography: Better Than Real Life"

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/new...v-photography/

"Grand Theft Auto V” Photography Is Unexpectedly Beautiful"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/gr...ful#.gczQqlw98

Anyways, here are some of my favorite screen shots that I took from GTA V. Hope you enjoy!!

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Old 03-21-2016, 12:27 AM   #3
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Well, there you have it! A small sample of my GTA V work and there is a LOT more where that came from. Again, I spent the better part of a month takng screen shots of this game. Personally, I can't wait for GTA VI so I can once again traverse the GTA landscape taking screenshots!!

By the way, here is my Flickr account, which I started just for GTA V screen shots. Unfortunately I didn't really keep it updated on a regular basis hence it really only has a small fraction of all of the GTA V screen shots I took. I really should take the time and update it one of these days as there is a ton of work that I did that isn't included on that account. Anyways, here it is if anyone is interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103793722@N04/
Old 03-21-2016, 04:14 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

I've taken many snapshot on GTA V/PS3 ..and at the moment, I tend to take snapshots during Metal Gear Solid TPP/PS4. Gran Turismo 5/6 has a very good camera option that renders the image.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #5
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I've taken many snapshot on GTA V/PS3 ..and at the moment, I tend to take snapshots during Metal Gear Solid TPP/PS4. Gran Turismo 5/6 has a very good camera option that renders the image.
Post some of them up, I would love to see them.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #6
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I enjoy the screenshots as well, unfortunately I don't really have a lot of them on photobucket to share here, they're mostly just on my xbox. But here is one from Fallout

MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I enjoy the screenshots as well, unfortunately I don't really have a lot of them on photobucket to share here, they're mostly just on my xbox. But here is one from Fallout

Nice. I am embarrassed to say that I purchased Fallout 4 on day one and I still have yet to actually play it. And I am a huge Fallout junkie. I was just really into Rise of the Tomb Raider and as I played through that a couple times and then I went on a big Forza 6 binge. I really have to kick back and finally get to playing Fallout 4, after all, it only won game of the year, lol. I'll get to it eventualy.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #8
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If you like Fallout, you'll love Fallout 4. It is one of the more addicting games I've ever played. Not necessarily the best game in history, but one of the more addicting. I put about 80 hours into it the first 6 weeks of the year or so but had to put it aside as I have an exam in April... but once that is done I will be jumping right back in because even at 80 hours I'm not even close to being done.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #9
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
If you like Fallout, you'll love Fallout 4. It is one of the more addicting games I've ever played. Not necessarily the best game in history, but one of the more addicting. I put about 80 hours into it the first 6 weeks of the year or so but had to put it aside as I have an exam in April... but once that is done I will be jumping right back in because even at 80 hours I'm not even close to being done.
Plus there are always DLC releases so you should have plenty of new content available when you pick it back up. I do rememeber the E3 conference from last year where it was announced that you would be able to use PC mods on the XBox One version. So that will also add a ton of replayability to the game. The mods for Skyrim literally kept me playing that game for another couple years.