Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2016, 03:10 AM   #91
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
CBG will have to pass in the end due to high es
that sucks. Sad that your collecting is controlled by es.
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:10 AM   #92
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Delighted we are at last getting the creators version disappointed that we are getting yet another character already made. How about making characters that have not been made yet especially considering Spideys Rogue gallery.
I agree, I'd also like to see other characters not yet made.

But Venom in particular, people have been asking for a remake for him for years. It's very easily searchable across multiple forums. And it's not like there's a ton of 1/4 Venom options out there. Some characters need revisits.

Mystique needs a revisit (classic White). Storm needs a revisit (Jim Lee white). Bucky needs a revisit (as Winter Soldier). Namor needs a revisit (black costume). Silver Surfer needs a revisit (chrome!).

Those, just as much as it'd be cool to see Archangel, Loki, Magneto, Blade, Invisible Woman, Doctor Octopus, Beast, Human Torch, Dr. Strange, Lizard, etc. At least we know more Guardians and Thanos are on the way.

Venom's looking good. I skipped a bunch of sideshow statues I said I wanted but I don't think I could pass up Venom.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:18 AM   #93
Peedi
The Secret Six

Igo, there were hints at another possible Spidey villain aside from Venom that was being worked on. My guess is Doc Oc...but aside from whoever it is joining Green Goblin and Venom are there any more characters planned for this series as of right now? Or will that be it?

Any chance of a new Black Cat to fit in with the dynamic nature of these newer statues?

Is a Miles Morales PF doable? Not that you all would make Miles as part of this set anyway, but with him jumping from Ultimate Comics to the regular MU is he a possibility now?

It'd be cool to have some friends join Spidey against these top villains y'all are doing.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:40 AM   #94
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
In person the others Spidey's smoke actually looks nice. Hope the same will go for these
I would disagree. I already have put my name in for 2 custom bases. Hopefully someone does a custom for venom as well.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #95
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

This is supposed to be a 1:4 scale chase scene diorama on a Steel structure that is collapsing and on fire from GG's bombs, so if Venom is supposed to be only couple of feet away from Spidey and about to take a swipe at him then having smoke on his base is consistent and makes sense.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:06 AM   #96
Timothy
The Spirit

I am excited to see this statue...can't wait until we see it finished.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #97
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Sculpting is fun, i think designing something and watching it come to life is rewarding as well. The point i was trying to make is id love to be doing what these guys get to do for a living - i think working in that industry would be super fun whether it be sculpting designing or whatever
Yeah I can only imagine how much fun it must be some days, not all mind you, to work in a place where you get to design and build awesome collectibles based on some of your favourite characters. Then the energy that must exist as you are surrounded by like minded people. I bet there is a lot of creative competition that brakes out...lol

Quote:
CBG will have to pass in the end due to high es
Nah... First he will start calling Venom "the black Spidey with a mouth"... Then he will go on and on about how much he loves this... Then he will fall in love with XMs Venom and go on and on about how XM is so much better.... And how he couldn't order it... But then he will get one at twice the price of the SSC on... But then it will still be a bargain given the ES... You know the pattern
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #98
risingstar
Jedi Order

McFarlane Venom... Long awaited piece.
...assuming it is in fact a Venom statue.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #99
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

This piece really excites me on a couple levels.

First, a nice large Venom at scale with these pieces. Just fantastic and I'm very much liking the look of it and dynamic stance thus far.

Second, the possibility of more. A while back I suggested having a series of villains swarming around Spidey on a large bridge-like structure. It see this may happen.

My concern is depth. I don't see this coming together in a diorama-like format as the bases won't allow it and frankly very few people have a place to display it as such.

So my question is something in the way of "is this being built as a series that goes together versus fits together?". Would you say these pieces are entirely meant to be displayed as standalone yet they are common in concept?

Igo, any feedback? Tremendous looking piece! Although I would likely be displaying McFarlane portrait, any indication of a COH? I can't see this being possible without visual seams.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #100
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
This piece really excites me on a couple levels.

First, a nice large Venom at scale with these pieces. Just fantastic and I'm very much liking the look of it and dynamic stance thus far.

Second, the possibility of more. A while back I suggested having a series of villains swarming around Spidey on a large bridge-like structure. It see this may happen.

My concern is depth. I don't see this coming together in a diorama-like format as the bases won't allow it and frankly very few people have a place to display it as such.

So my question is something in the way of "is this being built as a series that goes together versus fits together?". Would you say these pieces are entirely meant to be displayed as standalone yet they are common in concept?

Igo, any feedback? Tremendous looking piece! Although I would likely be displaying McFarlane portrait, any indication of a COH? I can't see this being possible without visual seams.
I think they have to plan to make them both display-able apart and together. SSC probably understands that most collectors have the bestas or what not.

I don't really think they could have made them an interlocking diorama with this set because that means they would be so close. They are so high up in the air, why shrink down the scene by making them interlock?

You know what I'm saying? Sorry if it's confusing, I just woke up. Haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote