Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #611
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Hmm. That contradicts what the Terms & Conditions page says for the Free Shipping promotion.

It says "Statues and Premium Collectibles are not eligible for this promotion." which I would think applies to this statue.

http://gear.blizzard.com/free-shippi...ms-conditions/

Didn't they make this same mistake with Gromm which forced them to cancel everyone's orders?
yeah but they dont speciificlly state that on Illidans page.. it just says "Purchase quantities are limited per customer."

on Gromms page is actually says "Purchase quantities are limited per customer. Not eligible for special offers, free shipping or promotions."

but anyways, it says free shipping for me so i duno
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #612
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
ground shipping was free. if you chose expedient then they charge. If you spend over $100 you get free shipping, and the Illidan statue applies.

Subtotal $350.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Grand Total $350.00
Illidan Statue
B62017
$350.00

Ordered: 1
$350.00
I did ground shipping. There was nothing indicating shipping would be free. Like Valkyrie just pointed out, statues are not eligible for free shipping.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #613
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well, hope it works out for you, Kovenor.

I just find it odd that some people are getting it and not others.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #614
Luminous
Cyclops

I don't mind paying for shipping, but when I have to pay for a "virtual ticket" as well to purchase the thing in the first place then I start getting frustrated with any additional fees being tacked on to my order. So with the $40 ticket a free shipping offer would have been greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #615
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I don't mind paying for shipping, but when I have to pay for a "virtual ticket" as well to purchase the thing in the first place then I start getting frustrated with any additional fees being tacked on to my order. So with the $40 ticket a free shipping offer would have been greatly appreciated.
Actually, I feel that would have been a reasonable promotion.

I decided to wait it out because I thought it was a greedy move to hide the statue behind the VT pay wall. If free shipping was part of the deal, it may have swayed me to pull the trigger yesterday.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #616
Luminous
Cyclops

I just spoke with support to make sure I wasn't missing out on some free shipping promotion I wasn't aware of. They assured me this statue, just as it's stated in their terms and conditions, is not eligible for free shipping.

Not sure how you got free shipping, Kovenor but I would be thankful for the website malfunction. Congrats!
Old 11-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #617
apellica
The Herculoids

Let's say Blizzard had Illidan priced at $400 with no free shipping. Knowing that ahead of time, you probably would of been fine at that price and not even blink an eye to purchase him.

Now that there is a $40 VT, people are up in-arms. It's a sleazy tactic...I agree. However, you need think of the total value of the statue. We all know what is happening to Arthas's value and eventually Gromm's. Pretty much all of us said he was a steal at $350.

So if you bought the statue with the $40 VT and some shipping you basically get it at the cost where we probably would of paid if priced normally.

I get it, it's the principle behind it...but still....
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #618
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
Let's say Blizzard had Illidan priced at $400 with no free shipping. Knowing that ahead of time, you probably would of been fine at that price and not even blink an eye to purchase him.

Now that there is a $40 VT, people are up in-arms. It's a sleazy tactic...I agree. However, you need think of the total value of the statue. We all know what is happening to Arthas's value and eventually Gromm's. Pretty much all of us said he was a steal at $350.

So if you bought the statue with the $40 VT and some shipping you basically get it at the cost where we probably would of paid if priced normally.

I get it, it's the principle behind it...but still....
You're not wrong and it's why I ultimately ordered anyway, but like you said it's the principle. As for the shipping, I just wanted clarification. Would hate to have paid shipping if I didn't have to.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #619
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
there should be lots more to come. I think they only had less then 1500 in the first batch so at least 3500 or so coming.

the icing on the cake for this one is the free U.S. shipping
Yup......but hope you're right about the batch shipments
But there is $28 tax for me in California
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #620
Valkyrie

Correct, it is the principle behind it. I know $40 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things but Blizzard saw an opportunity to milk some extra cash from their fans which I didn't agree with. I was ready to buy this yesterday but refused to give in to their tactics.

If others get some actual value from the virtual ticket, that's great. Personally, I have no use for their in-game trinkets and most of the important coverage will be on YouTube or other sources eventually.

I considered the potential value of the statue and it didn't make a difference to me. Especially considering if I'm patient, I'll hopefully be able to purchase it at the base price when future batches start arriving.