Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #6361
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

1/4 Scale Vega

Jerry is there any pictures of the actual rod that is running through the base into Vegas leg? It's an amazing piece so I'm really curious what's holding it in place.
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #6362
fauno
Frackin!

SONYA BLADE MKX statue?

Dear Jerry, I am a collector of your MK statues and I decided to sign up to this lovely forum to have a clear definite responce from you concerning this specific MK icon and legend:

After all of these repetition of male and female ninjas statues (always the same characters), will you ever create a statue dedicated to Sonya Blade?

She's basically the Lara Croft/Chun-Li of Mortal Kombat. MK9 and specially MKX pretty much stablished her new prominence and solidified her iconic importance, and her popularity unquestionably skyrocketed as one of the top characters. She's an MK icon and legend. Is Sonya Blade a worthy character in your book? Do you like this badass mother? Will we ever have an impressive statue worthy of her role? Thanks a lot!
fauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #6363
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hi PCS - just ordered your fantastic Kitana 1/3 statue. She really needs to be displayed along with her daddy, Shao Kahn. Can you please make a 1/3 Shao Kahn?
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:49 PM   #6364
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Hi PCS - just ordered your fantastic Kitana 1/3 statue. She really needs to be displayed along with her daddy, Shao Kahn. Can you please make a 1/3 Shao Kahn?
If the 1:3 keep selling Shao Kahn is sure on my list, but not until after the 1:4 ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauno View Post
Dear Jerry, I am a collector of your MK statues and I decided to sign up to this lovely forum to have a clear definite responce from you concerning this specific MK icon and legend:

After all of these repetition of male and female ninjas statues (always the same characters), will you ever create a statue dedicated to Sonya Blade?

She's basically the Lara Croft/Chun-Li of Mortal Kombat. MK9 and specially MKX pretty much stablished her new prominence and solidified her iconic importance, and her popularity unquestionably skyrocketed as one of the top characters. She's an MK icon and legend. Is Sonya Blade a worthy character in your book? Do you like this badass mother? Will we ever have an impressive statue worthy of her role? Thanks a lot!
We started a Sonya Blade but i didnt like it so put it on pause. Id be very interested in seeing a thread on her and what MK Kollectors would like to see from her statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
1/4 Scale Vega

Jerry is there any pictures of the actual rod that is running through the base into Vegas leg? It's an amazing piece so I'm really curious what's holding it in place.
I dont have any pics but its a metal rod that goes almost to the knee. We have had a few samples sitting here for many months and no cracking or leaning.

now that doesnt mean a small percentage wont have problems as factory workers are human and humans make mistakes. But it should be very few if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Hi Jerry. With Scorpion/Sub-Zero being in production, is the same factory planning on making Reptile? If so, now that they have had practice with Scorp/Sub, do you expect production to go much quicker and possibly hit the original shipping date of April/May 2017? Thank you in advance.
Different factory doing Reptile as we didnt want to hold him up waiting for the Scorpion/Sub Zero factory.

They are estimating a June ship for Reptile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheHammer View Post
Hello,

In the past you had mentioned some interest in obtaining the Warhammer 40k license. Now that Games-Workshop seems to have opened up their licensing a bit, is there any chance you might be revisiting this?

Thanks!
Id love to but they never get back to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazingspidey View Post
Hi Jerry. I wanted to check and see if there are any extra sorceress or evil lyn exclusives statues left from order cancellations. I missed these when they went up for preorder due to budget constraints. Is there a way to help me get these?
Email Customer Service. They know better than i do.

For sure some collectors have decided to not wait for a Sorceress replacement, so i know we will have at least a few of those. but it will be January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
I'm trying Jerry. Had a few email exchanges yesterday with Doris but kept being asked about the Batman statue I ordered over the weekend. Not sure what one has to do with the other. Hoping I don't/didn't get scooped.
Post in the customer service thread with your case number. Doris is out today but Il have her check it tomorrow.

We will solve this

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Can we get a 1/3 MoKap or Meat jerry ?
ha...probably not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
How does shipping work Jerry? Does the factory send you the statues and then you send them to the outside distributors?

PCS should be getting an email from Simply toys in the next day or two. I asked simply toys to email your customer service letting them know one of the Akuma's they're getting is going to go to my papal address instead so hopefully that's what your company needs to make it work.

Thanks Jerry.
International distributors pick up directly from our factories. Its up to the distributor to schedule that. Some move fast and some move slow. For example there is a EU distributor that is just now picking up their Robocops...and that was ready 3 months ago.

Everything for North America gets sent to PCS and then we ship to Big Bad Toy Store, Sideshow, and whoever else may have ordered.

Simply Toys should be emailing me. Not CS. it could take CS days to see that. Simply knows my email

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Hey Jerry, just one question, but a bit elaborate, so please bare with me. You said the MK9 line of statues was finished a while ago. I forget which question it was, but recently someone inquired about MK characters/costumes and how you decide on which ones for which scale. MK9 costumes were brought up and in regards to them you said something along the lines of "if they make sense I'd consider using them."

Having said that, I was curious where the character Skarlet falls. Her one and only appearance (so far) has been in MK9. I'm assuming characters who fall into the Classic line of your statues, but who are also in MK9, would get made in their classic outfits since the MK9 is finished. Does Skarlet fall into the "MK9 line is finished" category, or would she be considered (although highly unlikely) since she has the unfortunate status as an MK9 only character and you possibly considering MK9 designs in certain cases?

I'm sure you have guessed I'd like a statue of her, but I was more curious if it's mildly possible or flat out impossible at this point with MK9's status now fluctuating between finished and used sparingly.

generally speaking we arent planning on doing anything MK9. With Kitana it just worked out that way because I personally feel its her best costume and if we are going to do a 1:3 I want her looking her best.
No plans for Skarlett right now.

jade is a *maybe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayckl09 View Post
Hi Jerry,

Any chance we can find out how much the Goro 1:3 is gonna be ahead of time? Even a ball park figure so I know whether I can handle Goro and the lady ninjas altogether on payment plans.. Thanks
No less than $1200 (and thats if we give it a big ES) and no more than $1800 (and thats if we go super small...like 100 pcs)
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:03 PM   #6365
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Jerry,

When will we see Sakura MM? I want her so bad! Lol

How are the hot toys style SF figures coming along? When can we pre order?
Old 11-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #6366
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I talked to them but they have a couple other deals going and i dont think there is enough room in the market for me

Shame regarding Tekken. Would love to see what you'd do with them. Who would you want to tackle first if you got the chance?

Searched the thread for any other times Tekken has come up. You mentioned DOA as a possibility. I'd have to think that'd be a big hit for obvious reasons. Any development on acquiring that license.

And Soul Calibur? That license hasn't had any love in such a long time. It's been all but forgotten. Such a shame. Great amazing character design? Who would you tackle first if you got that license?
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:00 PM   #6367
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I am pretty excited to see tremor, how much longer will the wait for him be?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:04 AM   #6368
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Personally Id love a Roxy, but do you think anyone other than us would ?
I would certainly be down for a Roxy!

Any chance at a Sodom too?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #6369
fauno
Frackin!

Quote:
We started a Sonya Blade but i didnt like it so put it on pause. Id be very interested in seeing a thread on her and what MK Kollectors would like to see from her statue
Excellent. Thank you very much for responding, Jerry! I'm so glad to hear that you don't consider this beloved iconic character unworthy of your collection.

Go ahead and PLEASE read the fans positive feedback about a MKX Sonya Blade statue here, in your very forum:

The possibilities are endless. From her "Kiss of Death Pose" to an inspired "Lara Croft" action pose, she would look epic.
fauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #6370
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Hey Jerry,

Is there a cutoff date in mind for Juri's Senpusha Energy Effect?

Have you ever considered offering optional stands for the 1/3 statues with switch out portraits?

Any chance of seeing Goutetsu in any of the SF lines?

Thanks
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote