Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #31
Kiwi Collector
Frackin!

damn. Was hoping for some good news. Hopefully you work out a better deal with whatever shipping company in the future Jerry. Your statues are priced nicely but shipping is a factor too. I think we can all agree $326 is insane. Obviously shipping companies have a silent agreement not to over compete with each other much like gas stations do. Thanks to online shopping there is more and more shipping. We should be seeing more competitive rates. Im sure I even heard in the news last year that jet fuel was at a record low. But they don't pass on any cuts
Kiwi Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 AM   #32
mkkollector81
Justice League

I went on FedEx.com myself and inputting everything and the rate I got the is $18 less than the pcs quoted 88.37 to ship to Georgia. I'm going to FedEx in person tomorrow and if I can get it I will. I got both ninjas... at this point I need to save wherever I can
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #33
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I just sold a piece that shipped from vegas to east coast and it was like $75 for parcel usps.

Its just ridiculous now. I believe PCS is very fair concerning shipping costs.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:18 AM   #34
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

PCS is fair about shipping. Thats why many of us think something weird is up because people are getting lower rates when we check the same ship details.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #35
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I did a little research and found the reason for the huge increases in shipping.

http://www.myljm.com/fedex-announces...ate-increases/

Lots of small increases that add up on these large boxes to big increases.

We dont mark up the shipping charges. its not a place where we try to make money.

Some have mentioned Sideshow . They are a massive company with the power to negotiate with Fed Ex. We arent. Fed Ex reps laugh at us when we try and negotiate.

We get a small discount on rates as you will see if you use the dimensions we supply to check rates for yourself.

For example, We pay $80.00 to ship a Scorpion 1:3 to Alabama while the normal rate is $97.00. So we save you $17.00
Jerry, you are NOT a small company in term of shipping. PCS may not be amazon or sideshow, but the volume you ship does not make you small by any means.

My dad ran pc wholesale business before he retired few years ago and we were getting 30%+ discounts minimum from UPS compared to their website rate and our volume is no where close to what you are shipping - maybe 10-30 packages a day depends on the days.

The small discount you are getting from fedex makes no sense. You should definitely look into UPS and renegotiate.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #36
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
I just sold a piece that shipped from vegas to east coast and it was like $75 for parcel usps.

Its just ridiculous now. I believe PCS is very fair concerning shipping costs.
it's suicide to ship large heavy boxes using USPS their rates are absolutely ridiculous for heavy items. Only use USPS for international shippings as they are much cheaper than ups/fedex. But domestically you should never use usps to ship heavy items unless you like to give away money
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote