Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #81
ambasah
Red Skull

the xm magneto is one of the greatest "superhero" statues ever created. It certainly is the best magneto statue ever made and that includes any of the customs (and I've either owned or seen them all). My humble opinion of course : )

But, I am very excited to see what SS has in store for us. I want over-the-top awesomeness with a "small" edition size. My $1200 is ready!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:58 PM   #82
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
the xm magneto is one of the greatest "superhero" statues ever created. It certainly is the best magneto statue ever made and that includes any of the customs (and I've either owned or seen them all). My humble opinion of course : )

But, I am very excited to see what SS has in store for us. I want over-the-top awesomeness with a "small" edition size. My $1200 is ready!
Couldn't agree more. Magneto is one of my favorite characters in Comics. I'm fairly critical about the accurate embodiment of his likeness and tormented persona in statues.

XM's imagining is a triumph. Can't wait to see what Prime 1 and Sideshow come up with next.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #83
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm so excited for this. I want a 1/4 scale Magneto for my collection more than any other character. So hope he is at SDCC in all his glory.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:12 AM   #84
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

just make this epic I dont care the price.... its been a long long wait..
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:19 AM   #85
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
just make this epic I dont care the price.... its been a long long wait..
Yes!
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #86
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I do want to see p1 do a thanos and mags down the road. I have total faith p1 will know how to do both to make us all
Very happy! From seeing venom, spidey 2099, the white furry venom, etc.. we will be in for a treat from SS and p1.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #87
qz33
Graviton

I'm so glad I not enthralled with XM's Magneto.
It's an awesome concept and great as a comic panel but I just don't feel the excitement for it in statue form.

Or maybe it's just XM's portrait as I do love the Jim Lee custom head Sosa did. Now that's a masterpiece.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #88
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'm so glad I not enthralled with XM's Magneto.
It's an awesome concept and great as a comic panel but I just don't feel the excitement for it in statue form.

Or maybe it's just XM's portrait as I do love the Jim Lee custom head Sosa did. Now that's a masterpiece.
I got the xm mags and the Sosa head finally. Wow is all I can say. The portrait from Sosa is mind blowing in person. The paint is better than production quality. Makes the xm piece to a new level. I will be keeping that piece and adding in a SS mags if the masters at SS like Harbottle, Newman, Steve who did WW, etc sculpts it. Anything these guys do is going to be the best sculpts and a must buy!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:37 AM   #89
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
No, it doesn't but with the character floating (as much as a statue can appear to be floating) and with metal objects floating around him, that is a good representation of Magneto. Yes, that is a statue.

Like I've said before, the XM Magneto is a great statue but really, it just a guy sitting on a unique chair.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you as well. The XM Mags paints a very vivid story to me. Obviously, there's a epic battle at the school with Sentinels. Magneto certainly was a part of the battle. Was he there as friend or foe? Who knows? What we do know is that after the battle is over, Mags uses his power to summon a Sentinel hand from the wreckage to fashion a chair to sit down. Then the Master of Magnetism levitates Cerebro in his hand and seems to contemplate the events that transpired. Is he there to steal Cerebro or is he there to keep it away from humans that are using Sentinels to try and get it and use it against the mutant race? What cost was paid during the battle and what will Magneto ultimately do with Cerebro? IMO, this statue is far more than just a man sitting on a chair. The Doom PF is a man sitting on a throne. The Thanos MAQ is a God sitting on his throne. I consider the XM Magneto a diorama that tells an incredible story when we look at the details of the statue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:53 AM   #90
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
I actually think SS can do a better job and has an opportunity here to do a Magneto statue in a very different way. I as well agree with most people, the XM statue is a great statue. It's detail is amazing..........but I'm going to be honest and I hope I don't unnerve too many XM magneto fans.

To me, that XM statue just makes me angry about XM's depiction and characterization about the character. They have this all powerful, meglomaniac, sitting in the hand of a broken down sentinel. All the while holding cerebro and sitting on top of the rubble that most certainly was Xavier's school. Magneto is one of the more complex characters in comic books and I'm glad they did work on him again during the late 80's/90's during that last Claremont/Lee run.

Magneto to me is not the type of character who would ever want to go over to a school of mutants and burn it all down smiling, all the while gloating at his achievements and holding his trophy over his life long friend.

I hope SS really takes a good look at the X Men First class trilogy and Michael Fassbender's performance in particular as I think the writing for him, and the actor's portrayal just knocked it out of the park, to the point where the ball hasn't even landed yet.

There is a lot of heart to that character. This is a man who's seen terrible terrible things. He's seen the worst in humanity, and more than once. He's tried multiple times to let it go and his life always just seems to get trampled on which ultimately molded him into the aggressive/righteous leader and solider that he is. He cares for mutants as if every one of them were his family.

"Remember, the point between rage and serenity" - Xavier talking to Magneto, X-Men First Class

"Sometimes in life you get a moment, a time when everything lines up. When anything is possible. When suddenly....you can make things happen. God help us if we TAKE that moment. And God FORGIVE us if we don't." - Magneto Testament

Please, if Harbottle or other designers are out there on these forums, I hope they do take some of this into consideration, although I realize, they most likely already have their ideas in stone and probably for some time now.

It's just I find Magneto one of the most respectable characters I've ever seen, and I think he needs a statue to compliment that. It's easy to get all wrapped up in Magneto's wrath, (which he has in spades), but it's difficult to depict the heart and inner turmoil of that character.

Crossing my fingers on this one.............Hopefully, there is a God up there listening (<------------- inside joke to the ones that got it!)
Wow, we see this statue differently. What gives you the impression Magneto laid waste to the school? Do you think Magneto grabbed a bunch of Sentinels with his power and attacked the school and Charles? Highly unlikely. And why do you think he looks like a megalomaniac? The portrait provided without his helmet looks like a man lost in thought. The helmeted portrait looks like an angry man who just finished an epic battle against the Sentinels for control of Cerebro. The Sentinel wreckage obviously implies an attack on the school by humans or the government. Why would anyone think Magneto was responsible for that? There's nothing in the details of the statue that would lead me to believe that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote