Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #4881
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Well technically, I haven't received the email telling me they are dropping me from the waitlist yet, but I honestly don't expect to convert. When I got on the waitlist, it was like maybe 2 minutes after Thanos waitlisted.

If I was running Sideshow, what I would have done is not remove anyone from the waitlist but send an email out to everyone on the waitlist explaining the situation. I would tell the waitlisters that the Collector's aka regular edition is still available. I would explain that they could pre-order the Collector's edition while still being on the waitlist for the EX, and if on the chance that their EX waitlist converts, they could transfer the NRD from the regular version to the waitlist. That's just me though.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #4882
ob1ob
Birdman

I think the one thing they could do to improve this process is to have a set time for preorders to go live on collectibles that have ES.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #4883
supermetroid
Teen Titans

SS caused their own dilemma here imo. They could have sold a TON more of these had they been a little smarter and made the regular a little more tempting to buyers. They created the hype by announcing the relatively low ES(for Thanos) for the EX but instead of creating the hype it made many upset they missed the better version and now are questioning why bother buying the reg with no switchouts(or set ES) for $1,200?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #4884
danteipp
Hellboy

There will be custom heads, maybe even better than the EX head, so it probably makes sense for people to be patient and see where the reg ES is set. Heck, maybe international customers can pick up a reg locally for less or use a coupon or gift certificate, save on taxes/fees/shipping then just pick up a custom head for a fair price. There should be options in time as we get closer to distribution.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #4885
c00kies292
Frackin!

Sideshow should take a page out of Prime1's book and make a 1/4 scale bust with a removable head on a stand like they did for the Arkham Knight batman. I don't care for the edition size or the regular head. All I want is a Thanos with that notorious smile showing his teeth. I'm hoping for custom swap out heads that can fill that massive void. They can also raise the ES on the exclusive cause they have done that on the Optimus Prime maquette. Just don't understand how they spend 2.5 years designing and perfecting this statue just to screw up big time with the business decision on the EX Edition Size. I'd take a TBD any day cause we all deserve to own this.
c00kies292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #4886
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

You guys can say it as much as you want but Sideshow did not create a dilemma or shoot themselves in the foot or feet or foots. They have a product that sold out in 10 minutes. And a follow up to that product (regular) that will sell extremely well as well. Sideshow is a company that produces and sells statues. They did that. Exceptionally well. This is not a loss for them.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #4887
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I just want to state, I have been booted from a WL before, on a piece that later came into stock, only to miss it a second time because it was just a few pieces and there was no WL. More than once actually. Whatever metric they use, it's crap.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #4888
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
You guys can say it as much as you want but Sideshow did not create a dilemma or shoot themselves in the foot or feet or foots. They have a product that sold out in 10 minutes. And a follow up to that product (regular) that will sell extremely well as well. Sideshow is a company that produces and sells statues. They did that. Exceptionally well. This is not a loss for them.
You don't happen to have an order do you? Because your awfully free with advice to those who just got bad news several months from shipping.

I'm fine either way, not a piece I needed, but I have enjoyed the heck out of this thread.

Just saying, telling people that hey, look on the bright side, when you are one of the one's that got an order in is kind of a dick move.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #4889
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Wouldn't it have been better at $1200 SS just made one standard version of Thanos at an ES of about 2000? It's highly unfair for people to pay the same amount of money for one less head.

Or they could have gone this route

Ex = $1200
Collectors = $1049
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #4890
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sodium levels are too damn high on facebook
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote