Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2017, 01:08 AM   #5931
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Not only that, there will be plenty of custom portraits made for this piece.
watch as they permanently attach the head on the regulars like they used to do back in the day... zomg the uproar
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:19 AM   #5932
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
watch as they permanently attach the head on the regulars like they used to do back in the day... zomg the uproar
That would be pretty funny but I highly doubt that it'll happen. It seems SSC has made a business decision to have pretty much all portraits be removable. It makes sense. Why pay to ship an entire replacement body out because of an attached bad portrait when you can just ship a new replacement portrait out if the head is removable. I LOVE my HULK and Wolverine MAQ but the seam on HULK's neck is completely unnecessary since he only comes with one portrait. However, now if there's QC issues with the HULK portrait, SSC can now just ship out another portrait instead of an entire body. So, it seems like SSC likes seams on their pieces.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #5933
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Just curious, have they ever set a REG ES at 5 times the EX?
You were saying? 750 * 5 = 3,750 "I bet your stunned to be almost right with your comment " You were saying? Have they ever? They basically did right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
4250 of these??

We making Hondas here?

Chris
Exactly these massively produced statues are like toys at Wal-Mart. If my Thanos EX comes out with just ONE SINGLE FLAW I will be sending it right back and getting my $1200 refunded. You guys doubt SS at every turn and they still come back with their EPIC BS. "Pop Culture is Our Culture" will be changed to "MILK money from the statue community".

Had so many of you not been so desperate to have Thanos on PO since you missed the EX we wouldn't of had 3,500 of these monstrosity's made. Wow QC will be a HUGE issue I predict. Many of you need to stop POing pieces when it's TBD ES wise. All your doing is helping destroy the market with your obsession with polystone statues. No matter how much you love a character, common sense needs to overcome stupidity.

$5.1 million dollars will be made from just Thanos, minus the small costs of producing it.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #5934
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

oof... that edition size tho.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:38 AM   #5935
AllThatExist666
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I said to myself jason will be my last purchase from sideshow. They're quantity over quality to much hit oh
miss at this stage in the game.

The competition is offering more for less and top QC
with reasonable edition size.

unless is something really special I'll bite

Then boom Massive detail thanos on throne ex 750 $1200
only two coh didn't include the original teased gauntlet hand
For the price that's bs. One step forward two steps back.

regular edition size announced 3500 so 4250 in total
almost 5x the ex size one step forward another two steps back

If my ex comes with any issue's and get the famous
copy and paste e-mail that a replacement won't be an
improvement from the others in warehouse. I'll gladly return
him with my middle finger held high.
AllThatExist666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:31 AM   #5936
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That would be pretty funny but I highly doubt that it'll happen. It seems SSC has made a business decision to have pretty much all portraits be removable. It makes sense. Why pay to ship an entire replacement body out because of an attached bad portrait when you can just ship a new replacement portrait out if the head is removable. I LOVE my HULK and Wolverine MAQ but the seam on HULK's neck is completely unnecessary since he only comes with one portrait. However, now if there's QC issues with the HULK portrait, SSC can now just ship out another portrait instead of an entire body. So, it seems like SSC likes seams on their pieces.
That's the exact reason I didn't get Hulk vs Wolverine due to Hulks horrible, unecessary seam. I like pieces to either have clothing or armor that hides the seam and on bare skin to have the portrait attached with no seam. I can't stand noticble seams. Plenty of statues are made with an attached head, no seam and they arrive perfect. It's just SS allows too much bad QC from the factories and not too much they can do about it. The crappy thing is that companies that have to deal with China need a better solution to oversight the factories QC.

Thanos COH is good because you will not see the seam due to his armor. For statues in general, if the seam is hidden it's ok, if not then please leave the head attached. Please, leave the regular head attached so no custom heads can be made because in a way and totally my opinion making a custom portrait is still making an unlicensed item that is not authentic or approved by Marvel; therefore should not be alllowed on the piece.

An attached head should go to the collectors edition and only the EX can do COH. If you want to make customs, please get the license and approval from Marvel then make as many as you like, but all customs are stealing the intellectual property of Marvel/Disney. I understand that others are ok with Custom pieces and respect your opinion, but this is how I feel about customs. If you are an artist yourself then customizing is cool or if someone does a one of kind customization is fine, but if someone is making like 100-200 custom heads to sell to Reg buyers because they missed out on the EX is wrong and what I mean about I don't like customizing to make money mass producing your own heads without licensing approval. People will try to counterfeit the EX head and it will happen when the Reg version has a detachable head. Only way to prevent it is leaving the head attached for the Reg.

Thanos will turn out good, but fact is every production will have issues. Some bad apples will pass through QC, unless they are producing this in higher paid areas with better QC like the USA, or some where else more logical. That's good for customers to get better QC at a higher price, but not good for businesses that want the highest profit as well as reasonable retail cost for there customers will stay in China. Plus, going to a higher paid worker factory will make the statues prices increase tremendously. I don't see the China factories improving much on QC. Doing business with a communist country is just not simple and people thinking you will receive a perfect Thanos, maybe, but factory workers will miss things when they get paid peanuts to QC it. Imagine you worked in a factory making $1.36 an hour and your rent is $340 a month. Do you think cheap labor will improve there QC? China has raised prices as there QC gets worse due to more new statue companies that emerge All use the same limited factories creating the factories to fall behind and lack in quality. These are some reasons all statue companies are having to raise there cost because of China raising the cost and demand.

Jerry from PCS has stated prices in China as well as shipping keeps raising and that is a true factor to higher pricing. Sideshow is a business and of course they want all 4250 Thanos's to be flawless, but the fact is they have to deal with another country with very different ways of operating business. There are shady individuals always looking to steal, recast and unfortunately QC is difficult to oversee unless companies like SS either team up or by themselves open there own factory in China to cut the bad factories out. Such as, LEGO the toy company has done recently so they can battle with counterfeit LEPIN.

Thanos will turn out great and some might have issues, but hopefully Sideshow will have a sufficient amount of replacements for issues that will arise.

Factories have a certain amount of how much they can mess up before it's not passable with QC. So, since its hand painted it can have minor issues and if not too bad they will overlook it and pass the item at the factory. I hate this way of mass producing too, but these are the hurdles companies outside of Asia face.

Hopefully, since Thanos has dark paint apps he will turn out great as I feel like many dark pieces the factories do well and can hide tiny over spray issues versus flesh tone pieces over spray is more noticble. . The paint apps on my Galactus are great so I'm sure the end result will have most the fans that get Thanos very happy. They have similar colors and the factory should be capable of replicating the protos paint apps. Fingers crossed...

I just hope the factory will assemble Thanos correctly and have no permanent separation due to poor gluing. Poor gluing is also common from these factories. It's not good when you can see the glue and where the pieces was glued together like legs or arms to the body. A well glued piece will look like one sculpt and you can't tell when viewing that any pieces were even glued together is what should be expected for Thanos and I believe he will come out like a masterpiece!

Also, a good tip if you are worried about damage during transit SS for extra cash will pack out your box. You have to request it and they will double box the shipper box. Only if Thanos is not too big of a box so we will have to see when he releases if packed out shipping is offered.. I feel they should offer it, especially for larger pieces. PCS for extra cash will Frankenstein a box, pack it out and do it even for there huge 1/3's so Sideshow should offer extra protection as well. If people are willing to pay an extra $10-$20 for extra packing it should be offered, especially for such an expensive piece.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:50 AM   #5937
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Man was I wrong. What are they thinking ? I'm not sure I want this at that size. There will be so many available later on
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:06 AM   #5938
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
Man was I wrong. What are they thinking ? I'm not sure I want this at that size. There will be so many available later on

Keep in mind a Total ES Of 4250 is being made in a World population of 7.5 billion people as well as its growing exponentially by the day.

New collectors always come into the game and down the road years from now with Thanos gaining more popularity in the Cinematic universe he will be sought after by many, way more then the 4250 being made. Many that were too young that wanted this or many reasons down the line someone will want him and when they reach a happy owner that wants to cherish it they will be less common on the after market.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:48 AM   #5939
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

the ES is really ridiculous!
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:16 AM   #5940
risingstar
Jedi Order

What concerns me with edition sizes this high is the potential for inconsistent paint applications. Also, it's a shame that an edition size this high didn't translate into a cheaper retail price.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote