Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #431
COI

I might be wrong about this, but you see that kind of hyper-extension on legs in lots of comic art and statues, and I tend to think it's done to elongate the leg for aesthetic reasons, sort of like exaggerated muscle tone.

Again, I'm no artist, so that might be wrong, but I see it enough to think it's deliberate.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #432
Vendetta
The X-Men

I wonder how sentiment on the price would have been at $499.99 instead.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #433
COI

The regular is $500.

As much as I want the other girls made, I'm not throwing $500 orders down on hopes and dreams. Maybe if these were $350-$400 comiquettes, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Especially since Aspen is a must for me, and I'm worried she'll be pricey.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #434
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

This one is more of a must for me than Aspen. Even if the other girls arent made it beats 85% of the same old characters done 10 times a year. If the ball is dropped qc wise on this one its pretty much curtains for the line and I'll cancel for sure.

I think if this was priced 499.00 it would have pribably gone over better. Theres a reason walmart does it.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:42 PM   #435
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I might be wrong about this, but you see that kind of hyper-extension on legs in lots of comic art and statues, and I tend to think it's done to elongate the leg for aesthetic reasons, sort of like exaggerated muscle tone.

Again, I'm no artist, so that might be wrong, but I see it enough to think it's deliberate.
I've only noticed this with SS statues over maybe the last 2 years and it's only on their female statues... So far I've noticed it on about maybe 5 female statues so far... Obviously someone over at SS loves hyperextending the knee to the extreme... Maybe it's Igo since he's the art director... who knows...

I just hate the way it looks... I've seen it done in some comics on female characters but it's usually really minor... On this statue it sticks out like a sore thumb. I sold my Black Canary and Emma Frost because of it, couldn't stand looking at it... now I'm more careful and make sure I examine the production pictures closely before buying...

As far as price goes, it's a simple statue so I'm not sure why it's $500 unless Campbell wants lots of money for his name and art..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #436
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

As far as price goes, it's a simple statue so I'm not sure why it's $500 unless Campbell wants lots of money for his name and art..
Yeah not buying that the license for DG would cost anywhere near Marvel/DC/Star Wars yet It's priced the same for what is a very simple design.

They said on the live show that if this one does well they hope to do the other 2 girls. Surely if they wanted to do the other 2 they would have priced it fairly for what it is?
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #437
Hitman84
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
Yeah not buying that the license for DG would cost anywhere near Marvel/DC/Star Wars yet It's priced the same for what is a very simple design.

They said on the live show that if this one does well they hope to do the other 2 girls. Surely if they wanted to do the other 2 they would have priced it fairly for what it is?
I don't understand this sentiment with this hobby and I've heard it it a ton recently.
You don't price something cheap "hoping it sells" to make other characters in the line. Because then if they raise the price on the other girls people will just complain about that too.

If the current business model you've set is $500 for current PFs, female or male, thats what you price is at.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:14 AM   #438
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post

If the current business model you've set is $500 for current PFs, female or male, thats what you price is at.
That's pretty much it.

PFs always have a ground level price at any point in time, and right now that appears to be $500.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #439
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

The right leg kills this statue for me.. her leg goes straight down to the knee then angles 45 degrees out... just looks wrong IMO.. Plus don't like the lame looking name tag... otherwise I probably would of bought it.
Lot of dancer/ballerinas have that type of leg extention:

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #440
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

^ whoa nice find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post

Yeah, SS is coming out with some cool licenses but it feels like theyre really trying to stick it to the nostalgia/niche crowd. Voltron was $1200 with 1000 es and he is no Transformers. If they would just announce the other girls are a go they would probably see sales for this double.

niche product, high price, no extras, no assurances... cmon Sideshow
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote