Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #2311
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
Further, is Chronicle open to negotiating a distribution contract for the Iron Studios pieces in the US?
My take away is that they are.

"If another licensee wants to sell into the US, they would need to negotiate a deal with Chronicle for exclusive distributor rights. So the balls in their court." - Paul
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #2312
FROBAY
Phoenix

My take away is that we're getting a 1/1 Baby Blue and a couple more years worth of JP Product. That's a win.

I hope to see some more big Busts. Yeah, I just read that out loud. LOL.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #2313
john.van
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
Just to be clear, this is if they do it first hand?

If someone buys one and sells it to the US on ebay, Iron Studios would not be penalized I assume. I'm sure the statue would still be subject to confiscation of customs is having a slow day, though.

Further, is Chronicle open to negotiating a distribution contract for the Iron Studios pieces in the US?
Just wrap the box in brown kraft paper and on the label write statue.
john.van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #2314
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Let's just wait and see guys. IS is debuting it's Breakout Diorama in a few weeks, with that debut they promise to reveal order information, we will know then how to order, and worst case scenario it will not be difficult to order in from an international shipper, yes you'll pay more for shipping and you may not get the payment plan options, but I'd you've got the money are you really want it there will be online retailers you can get it from.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #2315
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontron View Post
What a joke. Do you really think customs is looking for unlicensed toys and statues? They have REAL problems like stopping imports of illegal narcotics and fire arms, or even illegal aliens. Not unsanctioned toys and staues. Sideshow cant even stop imports of XM and Imaginarium and you think youre going to stop United States citizens from importing products into the country? How do you think fake Nikes and Louis Vutton purses make it to market? Total scare tactics. Chronicle, youre a beaten and whipped dog with your tail between your legs by a superior. I had high hopes for you guys and you just failed to deliver not once but multiple times and its always a terrible excuse because you always put the dollar before the customer. I really hope Sideshow carries these now.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:08 AM   #2316
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontron View Post
What a joke. Do you really think customs is looking for unlicensed toys and statues? They have REAL problems like stopping imports of illegal narcotics and fire arms, or even illegal aliens. Not unsanctioned toys and staues. Sideshow cant even stop imports of XM and Imaginarium and you think youre going to stop United States citizens from importing products into the country? How do you think fake Nikes and Louis Vutton purses make it to market? Total scare tactics. Chronicle, youre a beaten and whipped dog with your tail between your legs by a superior. I had high hopes for you guys and you just failed to deliver not once but multiple times and its always a terrible excuse because you always put the dollar before the customer. I really hope Sideshow carries these now.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, stop trolling. Customs does not work like that, individuals can import with less restrictions, but there ARE a lot of restrictions. Plus, I think they are talking about not allowing distribution through a US based company like P1 does with SS, not importing one for personal collection, that would be harder to enforce.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #2317
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, stop trolling. Customs does not work like that, individuals can import with less restrictions, but there ARE a lot of restrictions. Plus, I think they are talking about not allowing distribution through a US based company like P1 does with SS, not importing one for personal collection, that would be harder to enforce.
Yes, uninspired...and seriously overpriced.

https://www.chroniclecollectibles.co...5-scale-t-rex/

https://www.chroniclecollectibles.co...ociraptor-egg/

https://www.chroniclecollectibles.co...compsognathus/

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #2318
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I would like to direct you to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=areqIiRr7bQ&t=16m12s

You may also care to watch from this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=areqIiRr7bQ&t=13m23s

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #2319
lordofanime
Frackin!

I do want to support Chronicle with their license battle... But... to be honest, I just can't shake off their "Holier than thou" attitude. I mean honestly, you need to get off your high horse and realize that you don't own the actual franchise. The interactions happening are way too casual and self centered, and borderline unprofessional. Maybe you should hire someone to go over or write you a script before your record these videos? And I'm not saying this to spite you, I'm saying this as a genuinely concerned fan.

Geez man... I mean trying to claim that you created a brand before there wasn't one, is just taking it a step too far. I am a Jurassic Park fan, and I appreciate all the work that you've done, but make no mistake, it's a franchise/brand that is built on the strength of it's concept and movies, not your figures. I mean, it's the only franchise that has Dinosaurs in it along with quality storytelling. So yeah, claiming that you "Created" the brand is just taking it a step too far and is clearly affecting the output of your company.

I'm honestly starting to feel guilty spending my money on your statues, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #2320
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofanime View Post
I do want to support Chronicle with their license battle... But... to be honest, I just can't shake off their "Holier than thou" attitude. I mean honestly, you need to get off your high horse and realize that you don't own the actual franchise. The interactions happening are way too casual and self centered, and borderline unprofessional. Maybe you should hire someone to go over or write you a script before your record these videos? And I'm not saying this to spite you, I'm saying this as a genuinely concerned fan.

Geez man... I mean trying to claim that you created a brand before there wasn't one, is just taking it a step too far. I am a Jurassic Park fan, and I appreciate all the work that you've done, but make no mistake, it's a franchise/brand that is built on the strength of it's concept and movies, not your figures. I mean, it's the only franchise that has Dinosaurs in it along with quality storytelling. So yeah, claiming that you "Created" the brand is just taking it a step too far and is clearly affecting the output of your company.

I'm honestly starting to feel guilty spending my money on your statues, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
While opinions will always differ, I think candor in this industry is a welcome development, as is having interactions with folks on here & on social media.

It’s not that we created the JP brand itself, but as stated in the video, no one was touching high-end JP collectibles prior to us obtaining the license. We have now introduced several high-end JP pieces where there were essentially none before, and I’m happy to say more are on the way. If memory serves me correctly, SS only produced that one Rex statue back in the day.

- Robert

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 12-03-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote