Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #131
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Thank goodness I don't collect Aliens because I would have ordered both of these.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #132
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Thank goodness I don't collect Aliens because I would have ordered both of these.
I'm only a fan of the original Alien/Aliens movies, so easy to pass on the king.

Have Sideshow's original Warrior, Big Chap & Space Jockey maquettes so need this Queen!
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #133
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Wow looks exactly like the previous one
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #134
gearhead
The Herculoids

Where did that King come from? Was it in a comic book, or video game? Or did Sideshow just make it up?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #135
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Where did that King come from? Was it in a comic book, or video game? Or did Sideshow just make it up?
Comic/book Aliens: Rogue ('90s)
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:01 PM   #136
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
As stated above, it was in the comics and there was an action figure of a king. However when Sideshow released theirs they tried to take credit for the idea as their creation. It’s not canon by any means.

In regards to the Queen Maquette, Sideshow has lost its mind. While the piece looks attractive it’s not without its flaws. With Sideshow’s track record I’m sure there will be a host of problems come shipping from broken pieces to bad paint applications. Their asking price is a real head scratcher as they continue to hike their prices based on the products that they’re a distributor for, such as Prime 1. They are not on par with Prime 1 by any means and continue to price their pieces along side them in an effort to bate a buyer who don’t know any better.

I’ll be waiting for in hand pics.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #137
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Unfortunately for that price I’m gonna wait.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #138
SDguy

Did the King have issues? I don't recall hearing about paint and breakage issues, but I didn't really follow the piece closely, TBH.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #139
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
In regards to the Queen Maquette, Sideshow has lost its mind. While the piece looks attractive it’s not without its flaws. With Sideshow’s track record I’m sure there will be a host of problems come shipping from broken pieces to bad paint applications. Their asking price is a real head scratcher as they continue to hike their prices based on the products that they’re a distributor for, such as Prime 1. They are not on par with Prime 1 by any means and continue to price their pieces along side them in an effort to bate a buyer who don’t know any better.

I’ll be waiting for in hand pics.
If you're going by overall SS track record then you will be expecting this to come out really good. I know we are hearing a lot of noise about Thanos but it's usually from the same collectors and about the same thing over and over again. I get an average of 10 SS statues a year since 2011 and rarely have any issues, maybe 1 out of 10. 2 the odd time and they are taken care of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Did the King have issues? I don't recall hearing about paint and breakage issues, but I didn't really follow the piece closely, TBH.
The only thing I recall about King was the use of pvc on secondary objects around him.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #140
Python
Omega Red

She actually looked pretty nice in the live video yesterday and the stream also featured a very interesting making of feature. Always nice to see and hear from Anthony Mestas also who's long been one of my favorite people in the hobby and is managing this project. One thing I did take from the video however is that it's unlikely that the size (or sculpt) of the warriors will change, Anthony picked up on this with two explanations. A, the smaller warriors make the queen look more imposing, and B, the warriors need to grow to size anyway so don't have to be 8ft + which is a fair point. I'd love to buy him a beer and argue both of these lol in that the queen is the size she is, and that young Warriors should probably have their domes still attached it the theory that they are the matured versions of Gigers Alien is to be believed (that's debatable though) It boils down to they are happy with it as is. And I'm sure it will certainly make for an impressive statue.

If it goes up for P.O with an respectable ES number already established, I think I'll have to bite. If not, I'll wait and see what Prime 1 and others have to offer throughout the year.

Queen making of feature....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLo2JAtnQY

Oh and the best bit, Anthony very tentatively teased another Alien project in conjunction with legacy, some thing that will make the fans happy. Personally I can't wait to find out what it could be
Python is offline   Reply With Quote