Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #9971
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
There was a low stock alert, but it didn’t last long.
After low stock, comes almost sold out alert. That never came up!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #9972
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Even knowing that I’m passing . I’ll lose all my money with this one knowing over 4000 pieces are out there. It’s too much coin to get in at this point knowing that . I’ll buy something different
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #9973
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Even knowing that I’m passing . I’ll lose all my money with this one knowing over 4000 pieces are out there. It’s too much coin to get in at this point knowing that . I’ll buy something different
Yah it's a lot of money for a high Es statue...:/ should had just used my points instead of waiting for coupon days and flexing it...
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #9974
Duanezapain
Frackin!

Welp I got 91/750 EX and am grateful for that. Perhaps the collectors edition did't sell out but rather the stock was used for replacements?
Duanezapain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:29 PM   #9975
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duanezapain View Post
Welp I got 91/750 EX and am grateful for that. Perhaps the collectors edition did't sell out but rather the stock was used for replacements?
Nope, I don't think so. Otherwise we wouldn't be waiting for replacements. Collectors that have been waiting for their replacements would've had their replacements already.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #9976
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
After low stock, comes almost sold out alert. That never came up!
They only do that if the statue sits in low stock for a while. Its meant to entice you to buy one asap. This literally took a day to go from low stock to waitlist
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:56 PM   #9977
manboy
Sinister Six

Not a sideshow fanboy but this will go down as one of their greatest artistic achivements, no doubt. If you have the chance, and are on the fence, just take the plunge. The price will only go higher as time goes by
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:09 AM   #9978
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I doubt it will . There are just too many . Like XM who makes way less than SS in edition sizes even their crop goes down lots in price aside from exclusives . Thanos EX may get a premium I’m warning people not to pay dumb after market on the regs, you’ll lose your shirt in time
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:29 AM   #9979
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I doubt it will . There are just too many . Like XM who makes way less than SS in edition sizes even their crop goes down lots in price aside from exclusives . Thanos EX may get a premium I’m warning people not to pay dumb after market on the regs, you’ll lose your shirt in time
not trying to start anything, but i feel the reason XM stuff loses value nowadays is because eveyone has stopped drinking the koolaid of the artificially induced scarcity their middle men perpetuate. i see wayy too many of their pieces get hoarded, then in a few months the wholesalers are selling them as a set because a new piece is out and nobody cares anymore. i cant tell you how many, buy cable for 1700 and get Thor or medusa for free deals i have come across on fb over the last year alone. Add all this to the fact that they are bloody heavy and shipping alone runs 200-400 bucks from Asia its no surprise the aftermarket value is dropping, 300 on shipping alone puts it out of the range of affordability for a lot people.

For example, someone i know is selling their Antman for 700 which is a very good price and i'd buy the shxt out of it, if not the fact that i have to pay 300 bucks to get it to my door in boston. No matter what anyone says, as far as my pocket is concerned that piece is gonna have me out of pocket $1000 which is just too much for me to swallow for that piece even though i know a third is the cost of shipping. im still out $1000. Anyways, all i am saying is Thanos is going to be the SS statement piece for a while, it may never reach Doom levels simply because of its much higher ES, but once this thing sells out for good, i'm fairly certain that in the long run you wouldn't be able to find one under retail or even less that 1500/1600
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:41 AM   #9980
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If I were to buy this I would definitely get on waitlist for this. With all the known QC problems with this statue its best to buy it through sideshow then somewhere else. Whatever you guys do dont pay close to 3k just for a smiling head. The teeth on that look likes hes eating blueberries also.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote