Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #281
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You should say that SS has enough common sense to already know how this will be engineered. And enough common sense to answer that question when this statue goes up on SS Live -- because they did NOT know jack when Rogue was revealed. So no, it's not us who need to have "common sense"...its again SS who needs to because you damn well know people are going to be asking.

Common sense would say to not drop $500+ on a statue on blind faith it is constructed properly for long term display.

You may put your faith in whatever you wish, just please don't call some of us crazy for wanting clear answers.
That was before, this is after, common sense leads me to believe that SS is well aware of potential leaning issue and will take the necessary measures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
One metal pole in the flame effect is all it would take to not lean. After seeing the rogue engineering, they have clearly committed time and resources into new engineering method to prevent leaning.
Cap gets it.
Quote:
I would hope that given all the engineering questions we asked about Rogue that SS people know right now how this is engineered. They better not be another convention display that goes missing and “I don’t know” answers on live if they want to move this statue.
At one point it seemed you were beginning to gather as much. Given all the engineering questions of concern and publicly addressing it on live, i'm sure SS has some sense of what they're doing.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #282
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
While I still don't prefer a slutty Starfire, credit where credit is due. It's a REALLY great sculpt. She looks like a 6'4'' sex pot with nice lean muscle definition. I wish the eyes were bigger/more alien, but that's about it with the face.
You don’t say, i mean its not like you were slamming the statue before the full reveal….
Quote:
I am just really confused at the art direction of this piece. I'm kinda hoping this isn't actually the statue and just a very very very early prelim that SS went back and reworked.

I mean, if I have no love for it now I can't imagine this is going to go well. I'm usually one of the more logical and forgiving people. I don't even dislike the Logan portraits like others
common sense am i right?!
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #283
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
You don’t say, i mean its not like you were slamming the statue before the full reveal….

you can't be serious...that never happens on this forum
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #284
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

Actually I said it was slutty Starfire and not the Starfire I wanted in my collection because it's not the art direction I would go. I never called it ugly or a poor sculpt, just said I have no love for it. You can appreciate the craftsmanship and have no love or desire to own it.

So try again and get it right next time when you try to call me out.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:13 PM   #285
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Not impressed. i am not a fan of the pose or the face sculpt.

And it is funny how some are thinking this is an absolute bargain since it is below $550. The SSC price creep strategy worked brilliantly. In a couple of years, when they raise every upcoming statue by $10-$15, we'll think $750 is a bargain.
Because $550 is a lot better than $600+

Would I like to have prices from 10-11 years ago? Damn right, I would. But it's not happening. Doesn't change the fact that this is a good price for the times we're in.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #286
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Give it a rest, after rogue common sense would lead one to believe that SS will have some kind of support. Just looking for something to complain about, a lot of you had your moment of nit picking and hating on the statue and SS at the start before the statue was even fully revealed, guess that wasn't enough smh.
If that were true, we wouldn't keep getting statues with leaning issues.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #287
Graven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The sculpt is not bad but i'm still not a fan of that Hulk snort in her hand, the lazy pose and that creepy Gremlin Ex...

Maybe someone could repaint her for me like this? These improvements could work way better for super-slowmo-beach-hero-girl.

Graven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #288
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
You should say that SS has enough common sense to already know how this will be engineered. And enough common sense to answer that question when this statue goes up on SS Live -- because they did NOT know jack when Rogue was revealed. So no, it's not us who need to have "common sense"...its again SS who needs to because you damn well know people are going to be asking.

Common sense would say to not drop $500+ on a statue on blind faith it is constructed properly for long term display.
I have to agree with this. While I wouldn't expect Sideshow to dissect each piece with respect to its engineering, there are some engineering choices that I think should be disclosed before the piece goes up for preorder, especially if we are required to pay an NRD. For example, I received a statue recently from them that was extremely wobbly atop the base, and was told that it was an intentional design choice to prevent scratching when assembling the piece. Needless to say that piece went back.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #289
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven View Post
The sculpt is not bad but i'm still not a fan of that Hulk snort in her hand, the lazy pose and that creepy Gremlin Ex...

Maybe someone could repaint her for me like this? These improvements could work way better for super-slowmo-beach-hero-girl.

Flawless photoshop looks great lol
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #290
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven View Post

Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light. You, sir, stepped into that light and are a forum hero.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote