Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #3021
myskye23
Hellboy

I'm probably in the minority here by saying that SSC has completely priced me out of their 1/4 Scale Statues (Unfortunate since I just got into statue collecting 3 years ago). I understand that the increases are inevitable due to production and maintenance costs of running a large company, as well as maintaining a consistent payroll but these increases aren't subtle, they're such a large jump from statue to statue that it has made me look more towards the 1/3 Scales for what seems like a 'Better Deal' for my money.

I had every intentions of ending my 1/3 Scale Collection once I get the ones I truly wanted (Mostly Arkham Lines and HUSH Lines, with a few DC Comic Lines) but now with he increasing price points from SSC bordering on 'Ridiculous' for their recent 1/4 Scale offerings, that has made me rethink my collecting options. I was never going to be the guy that NEEDED to buy everything, I was the guy that bought something that I truly liked and currently, I LIKE paying for a large 1/3 Scale Lee Bermejo Joker with 4 portraits and multiple switch outs for $1,199 instead of some recent offerings from SSC with a much higher price point.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #3022
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I am hearing some people complain that Sideshow may be overcharging for their shipping. It's not like you can get a competitive quote on that especially after your sunk in an NRD at the mercy of their shipping costs.

$1390 for Juggs.
$100-$139 or more for tax.
$100+ for shipping?

You just bought yourself a $1600+ 27" statue. Go get that Waitlist when it comes folks.
If i hadn’t of had almost half of the cost of this piece in rewards points, I wouldn’t have ordered it. As far as tax and shipping, I would imagine it being in the same range as Thanos.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:30 PM   #3023
ukshaun
Hercules

I've wanted a massive muscle machine in my collection ever since.. . ..ever since i started collecting 1/4 scale. Hulk almost made it into my collection, but not quite, but maybe some day. Juggernaut, i can't see him happening again anytime soon. The fact remains, the price is high. There is one thing that would tempt me - if Sideshow made Juggernaut out of solid resin (not a shell) as this would suite the character to weigh a ton!!!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:18 PM   #3024
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I've wanted a massive muscle machine in my collection ever since.. . ..ever since i started collecting 1/4 scale. Hulk almost made it into my collection, but not quite, but maybe some day. Juggernaut, i can't see him happening again anytime soon. The fact remains, the price is high. There is one thing that would tempt me - if Sideshow made Juggernaut out of solid resin (not a shell) as this would suite the character to weigh a ton!!!
look at it this way, you get two pf's for 3000.00 plus. So you get two statues. Could be worse in a few years when 1 large maquette /pf can see those prices.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #3025
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
look at it this way, you get two pf's for 3000.00 plus. So you get two statues. Could be worse in a few years when 1 large maquette /pf can see those prices.
Lucky for me, i'm out of space. Prices have reached crazy highs. We're almost 50% of the way through 2019 and i've held off pre_ordering, bar one piece, Rogue PF. I'm teetering on the edge at the moment, pondering the new Catwoman PF

..then there's Domino, Starfire, Damn!!!!! - so many want's.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #3026
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Oh I know they are, I was just meaning that I think internally people at Sideshow probably have a bit of a "Well let's see how well they do without us" mentality.
After that Bane mega bomb that P1 just detonated, the price of Sideshow pieces (particularly this one) is truly in question.

I think people would be more accepting on price hikes if they felt they were getting their money's worth. Size, details, more solid castings, switch out parts, art direction, etc.

This is a very emotional hobby. We all continue to spend hundreds on things despite price increases. We are just forced to be more selective because price and space. Sideshow needs to do more. They are no longer the trend setters. Just the license holders.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #3027
Biggunz
Loki

Bane MegaBomb!!!!
Sideshow Retire....Close the shop

Man if Bane is $1400.00 game over for real.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #3028
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Bane MegaBomb!!!!

No way. That Bane MegaBomb statue is basically a diorama with two statues. I’m betting $1800 or more.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #3029
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Bane MegaBomb!!!!

Prime one is a Marvel license away from a Sideshow fire sale. I don’t want that, but Sideshows model of less for more may not be a winning strategy IMO
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:12 PM   #3030
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
No way. That Bane MegaBomb statue is basically a diorama with two statues. I’m betting $1800 or more.
I concur.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote