Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #361
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
But objectively this wolverines anatomy is janky and the mouth in particular looks closer to goblin than human lol
lol im glad someone finally said it, i thought i was the only one who thought that looked bizarre as hell
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:30 AM   #362
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Just curious, which 1:6 Wolvie do you guys think is better?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #363
darren1228
Zot

If we are talking every single one....I like the one from the Sabretooth vs Wolverine dio. Although I think that one was 1/5

darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #364
adee
Green Arrow

I never cared for that koto Wolverine either. The chest and abdomen always struck me as odd looking.

I like the Wolverine in the SS vs Hulk Dio. I think they nailed him on that.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #365
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
lol, what?! I think this is the best 1:6 Wolverine across every single brand! There's a reason it's price has held so well through the years.
No way?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
lol im glad someone finally said it, i thought i was the only one who thought that looked bizarre as hell
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #366
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Fair enough, you can like what you want. What I object to is the constant yelping by Bowen fans, comparing Bowen to obviously superior products/companies. And if you must make those far reaching comparisons(?), why not do it in a Bowen thread? Cause as is, it’s just a lot of background noise.

Don’t believe it? Consider what the reaction would be if SS or XM released the Bowen sculpt in question, in 1/4 scale. Do you really think anyone would actually rejoice?
I'm a fairly happy and content person in life. I rejoice and celebrate anything I enjoy in life. I collect numerous scales from multiple companies and love any piece I add to my collection. I can compare any pieces, from any company, and in any scale without declaring a company vastly superior over others. It's not a competition with me. I just buy statues that I like from any company that produces them. I don't feel a need to pump up any company. Nor will I insult a company or sculptor if they aren't my cup of tea.

I don't have a problem being critical but I'd like my criticism to be constructive not insulting. I may not succeed in certain instances (the Deathstroker PF really pissed me off and I was really vocal about it)...but for the most part, I try to be constructive with my criticism.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #367
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
If we are talking every single one....I like the one from the Sabretooth vs Wolverine dio. Although I think that one was 1/5

Yup...might be the best Sabretooth out there...imo. It's about Bowen scale, too. I think all of the older dios were 1/6ish...

Quote:
There is some bad art out there lol and heres what it looks like.

Now i’m not saying people shouldn’t or couldn’t like it (thats subjective)

But objectively this wolverines anatomy is janky and the mouth in particular looks closer to goblin than human lol
I definitely see what you're saying...the mid section is wonky, but I wouldn't consider it bad art. Sosa has his own style. You see characters drawn by so many artists with their own styles and intepretations...not only of the character, but of the human form. I can see where people could be turned off by it, but it does add something different to the fold, which I appreciate. ...but yeah, all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'm a fairly happy and content person in life. I rejoice and celebrate anything I enjoy in life. I collect numerous scales from multiple companies and love any piece I add to my collection. I can compare any pieces, from any company, and in any scale without declaring a company vastly superior over others. It's not a competition with me. I just buy statues that I like from any company that produces them. I don't feel a need to pump up any company. Nor will I insult a company or sculptor if they aren't my cup of tea.

I don't have a problem being critical but I'd like my criticism to be constructive not insulting. I may not succeed in certain instances (the Deathstroker PF really pissed me off and I was really vocal about it)...but for the most part, I try to be constructive with my criticism.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #368
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #369
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
There is some bad art out there lol and heres what it looks like.

Now i’m not saying people shouldn’t or couldn’t like it (thats subjective)

You are insane. This pieces goes for 600 and up. This is a Grail w/o doubt. I hope your joking.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #370
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^I really like that 1/6 Koto, probably is the best in the scale imo.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote