Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #2921
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's the same head. Just give it up already lol.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #2922
Silicon Man
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I'd hypothesize that SS simply cut their losses and made very few of these. I've never seen a release hit waitlist for both the EX and REG so quickly in a long time...probably never.

If enough people jump on the waitlist they'll make another batch. Usually how these things go.
Are you suggesting that SS does not always complete the ES?
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #2923
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post
Are you suggesting that SS does not always complete the ES?
I’m not merely suggesting, it is true.
For example Statue A has edition size of 2000 for the regular. Sideshow makes 1000 first. Item sells out and is waitlisted. They then see if there is enough people on the waitlist and may complete the run with several additional batches.

The first Batman PF’s run was definitely completed like this.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #2924
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The OG Wonder Woman was the same way. I know because both versions were on wait list for quite a while, and mine didn't convert. So, I ended up buying one on eBay and shortly after I had it in hand, suddenly she was back to Pre-Order status (the CE version), and she's now in stock and has been for over a year.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #2925
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I don't think this is that bad, looks much better than the Emma Frost one (ignoring all QC issues).
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #2926
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The OG Wonder Woman was the same way. I know because both versions were on wait list for quite a while, and mine didn't convert. So, I ended up buying one on eBay and shortly after I had it in hand, suddenly she was back to Pre-Order status (the CE version), and she's now in stock and has been for over a year.
Yup so it wouldn’t be far fetched to think they just said f it. We’ll make a low number first and see how interest is. We can always make another batch if there are enough people on the waitlist.

Makes more sense than producing the whole run and have them sit in the warehouse. I don’t believe for a second that they produced the entire run and both the EX and REG are sold out and waitlisted.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #2927
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Yup so it wouldn’t be far fetched to think they just said f it. We’ll make a low number first and see how interest is. We can always make another batch if there are enough people on the waitlist.

Makes more sense than producing the whole run and have them sit in the warehouse. I don’t believe for a second that they produced the entire run and both the EX and REG are sold out and waitlisted.
I don’t think there’s much doubt at all the EX is sold out permanently. Ultra popular X-Men character who hasn’t had a new 1/4 in years, limited to 600 pieces and up for order for a year? Why wouldn’t she sell out. Mystique EX was the same and certainly never came back into stock. 600 is tiny for such a prominent, popular character.

Wonder Woman had a HUMONGOUS edition size—of course she was made in batches so Sideshow didn’t get stuck with thousands of extras if she didn’t sell. Putting that Wonder Woman on Wait List was to make sure there was enough interest to make thousands more. I’m not at all convinced that the relatively small edition of CE Psylocke is relatable to that.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #2928
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
I don’t think there’s much doubt at all the EX is sold out permanently. Ultra popular X-Men character who hasn’t had a new 1/4 in years, limited to 600 pieces and up for order for a year? Why wouldn’t she sell out. Mystique EX was the same and certainly never came back into stock. 600 is tiny for such a prominent, popular character.

Wonder Woman had a HUMONGOUS edition size—of course she was made in batches so Sideshow didn’t get stuck with thousands of extras if she didn’t sell. Putting that Wonder Woman on Wait List was to make sure there was enough interest to make thousands more. I’m not at all convinced that the relatively small edition of CE Psylocke is relatable to that.
Nope still don’t believe it. Yes she is waitlisted but if they only produced 400 of the 600 EX then it’s not the same.

Why? Simple because in this new age of collecting nothing sells out this quickly. What was the last SS piece that sold out this quickly for both the EX and REG?

As you said 600 is tiny for such a popular character. Think about why...it’s because there was little demand for her during the TBD period. Jean Grey was better received and got an ES of 1200. They don’t just arbitrarily assign the ES. They assign it based on interest during the TBD period.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #2929
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Psylocke is now on Waitlist, EX and REG. The market is scooping up what they can find. For fun, go check out updated EBay prices on any of the Psylocke pieces. Maybe even watch this piece.

And now folks are speculating that Sideshow made a magic number of units they knew in their wisdom would sell out just so that this one and only piece would not have stock unlike all their other pieces AND sell out virtually after they get it in stock.

Or maybe Sideshow is reading these forums and making business decisions on the large variety of people posting in this thread, like maybe 10.

And then in collectors wisdom if Sideshow made a smaller ES because of the backlash and maybe even less, you're going to wait for them to invest money again on this same character? Or maybe start production on the previous head that was not well received initially but now is the Helen of Troy? Ohh wait, hopes are on XM to make your perfect piece.

Ohh wait! People spent north of $600 just because they needed to complete their X-Men line but really don't like this. Or just needed a Psylocke. Or or or.

Or it just sold out, Sideshow is happy, fans of this piece are happy, and the rest are really just wondering if they missed out.

You did.

Say hello to the aftermarket.....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #2930
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Psylocke is now on Waitlist, EX and REG. The market is scooping up what they can find. For fun, go check out updated EBay prices on any of the Psylocke pieces. Maybe even watch this piece.

And now folks are speculating that Sideshow made a magic number of units they knew in their wisdom would sell out just so that this one and only piece would not have stock unlike all their other pieces AND sell out virtually after they get it in stock.

Or maybe Sideshow is reading these forums and making business decisions on the large variety of people posting in this thread, like maybe 10.

And then in collectors wisdom if Sideshow made a smaller ES because of the backlash and maybe even less, you're going to wait for them to invest money again on this same character? Or maybe start production on the previous head that was not well received initially but now is the Helen of Troy? Ohh wait, hopes are on XM to make your perfect piece.

Ohh wait! People spent north of $600 just because they needed to complete their X-Men line but really don't like this. Or just needed a Psylocke. Or or or.

Or it just sold out, Sideshow is happy, fans of this piece are happy, and the rest are really just wondering if they missed out.

You did.

Say hello to the aftermarket.....
..Have you check the aftermarket lately? Most pieces can be had for lower then retail..This piece is just OK not great like captain marvel or rogue and when another company makes a new one (soon) this will go for a lot less then retail.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote