Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-25-2020, 12:10 PM   #691
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirens4Ever View Post
After you contacted Prime 1, did Sideshow ever follow up or did you notify Sideshow with what you were doing? How did your process go?
I never got back with Sideshow. Once I gave my order # to Prime 1 and showed them the pics, they said they'd reach out to Sideshow. After a few days they told me they had talked to Sideshow and would ship them a replacement portrait, and then Sideshow would ship it to me. They said I would be notified when Sideshow shipped it to me and as of now I haven't heard anything. Not really sure when to expect it.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:37 PM   #692
Sirens4Ever
Frackin!

Location: I live in The Gotham City Shelter for Cats and Dogs with the Gotham City Sirens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
I never got back with Sideshow. Once I gave my order # to Prime 1 and showed them the pics, they said they'd reach out to Sideshow. After a few days they told me they had talked to Sideshow and would ship them a replacement portrait, and then Sideshow would ship it to me. They said I would be notified when Sideshow shipped it to me and as of now I haven't heard anything. Not really sure when to expect it.
Thank you for the response! They got in touch with me, asked for photos of the damage. I sent them the photos. They said they’d see if they have anything to spare for the replacement and noted that if they did, they’d have to send through Sideshow.

I did, however, try my hand at gluing the broken mask piece in the meantime. And I have to say, it’s pretty good and hardly noticeable due to the clean-ish break — even in person! So, if for whatever reason they don’t have a part to send me, I’ll be fine with it and just take the partial refund from Sideshow.

I’m just hoping I don’t have any breakages with Hush Poison Ivy, especially with all the vines and tendrils on that piece!

Sirens4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:56 AM   #693
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
I did, however, try my hand at gluing the broken mask piece in the meantime. And I have to say, it’s pretty good and hardly noticeable due to the clean-ish break — even in person! So, if for whatever reason they don’t have a part to send me, I’ll be fine with it and just take the partial refund from Sideshow.
Nicely done! Looks virtually seamless.
I definitely wouldn't be rolling the dice with a replacement now that you've taken care of it.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #694
Sirens4Ever
Frackin!

Location: I live in The Gotham City Shelter for Cats and Dogs with the Gotham City Sirens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
Nicely done! Looks virtually seamless.
I definitely wouldn't be rolling the dice with a replacement now that you've taken care of it.
Thank you! I’m pretty proud of it. First large statue, first repair. Lol!

Also, NotGwen.. they got back with me and said that they’d have a replacement head, but that there would be major delays in production and shipping because of the outbreak in China. That may be why you haven’t received yours yet? I’m not sure.

Anyway, I’m opting out of getting a replacement with them now. I also want to thank you all in this thread for your help and feedback!
Sirens4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #695
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:

Also, NotGwen.. they got back with me and said that they’d have a replacement head, but that there would be major delays in production and shipping because of the outbreak in China. That may be why you haven’t received yours yet? I’m not sure.

Anyway, I’m opting out of getting a replacement with them now. I also want to thank you all in this thread for your help and feedback!
That's what I was thinking too was the hold up. But your pics look great! Great job getting it glued back. I will try the same when I get some free time.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:25 PM   #696
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Thank you for the response! They got in touch with me, asked for photos of the damage. I sent them the photos. They said they’d see if they have anything to spare for the replacement and noted that if they did, they’d have to send through Sideshow.

I’m just hoping I don’t have any breakages with Hush Poison Ivy, especially with all the vines and tendrils on that piece!

Looks great! Barely see the break. My only worry would be possibly selling it down the road and having to disclose that to a buyer. But if you are keeping it for awhile, maybe it is not a big deal.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:20 PM   #697
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:

What glue did you use? Hopefully I wouldn't have to use it but just in case.

Prime 1 didn't give me any info on when they'll be sending the replacement, I just expect to be pleasantly surprised when it shows up six months from now.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #698
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Yes, what glue did you use?
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:39 PM   #699
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ordered Gorilla Micro Precise...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:18 PM   #700
Ninjabanana
Doh!

Can you post some pictures without the cape on? Would like to see how she looks like��
Ninjabanana is offline   Reply With Quote