Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #91
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The only problem with TH is their statues don't really blend in well with XM, TH are a bit more cartoony looking where XM are more realistic looking and highly detailed, so you have two different art styles...

I think XM has made enough that you would have a solid 1:6 collection but at the same time it would suck to miss out on other characters because they put more focus on the 1:4 scale line...

Sure XM is willing to keep the 1:6 line going but only as long as people keep buying them... Right now you probably have a lot of 1:4 collectors buying the 1:6 line because they were not satisfied with SS 1:4 options but now that XM is offering 1:4 scale I can see a lot of these collectors giving up on the 1:6 line and just collecting the 1:4 which means a lot less sales on the 1:6 line...

So yeah I agree I think the writing is on the wall with the 1:6 line... we might get another 4-5 statues before XM gives up on it due to lack of sales... I hope I'm wrong... but who knows, we will have to wait and see...
I personally don't have a problem mixing statue companies. I've mixed Bowen and Kotobukiya statues. I've also mixed Sideshow with XM statues. Many consider Bowen and early Sideshow statues as simple or less detailed. That doesn't mean anything to me on a personal level. I either like a statue or I don't.

Now, mixing era's of lineups is a pretty big no go for me. That bugs me personally a hell of a lot more than details or style. So, mixing XM's 1/6 Rebirth or New 52 DC statues with Tweeter's classic lineup would be unacceptable for me.

I can definitely understand the concern of XM abandoning or greatly slowing down the release of their 1/6 line. There's only so many sculptors on their staff and the new 1/4 line will probably be their focus going forward. It's not a good sign that they're sacrificing their 1/6 Doomsday to release a 1/4 statue of the character.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #92
Jack's Username
Nightwing

The main thing the 1/6 line has going for it is the global license, but given that the edition sizes have been pretty small anyway, it probably doesn't bode well for supporting both.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:27 AM   #93
Augen
Green Arrow

It is hard for me to get too excited at line announcements. I'll be far more if they show some different characters. If XM does a 1:4 Big Barda (and actually follows through...looks at Lady Sif 1:4...) then I'll be on board.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #94
SDguy

Barda would be a wonderful companion piece to SS OG WW PF.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:45 AM   #95
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

In todays XM livestream Alex said that there will be a new Doomsday 1/6 statue, but different.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #96
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
In todays XM livestream Alex said that there will be a new Doomsday 1/6 statue, but different.
Given they already made the existing Doomsday in 1:6 (sculpted and painted) they should make a different 1:4 Doomsday...

I actually like the existing Doomsday standing on the Daily Planet sign... So I'm still disappointed that 1:6 collectors are not getting that one...

As much as I appreciate that 1:6 collectors will get a Doomsday it will now be years away since XM is starting from scratch...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #97
Cygor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Given they already made the existing Doomsday in 1:6 (sculpted and painted) they should make a different 1:4 Doomsday...

I actually like the existing Doomsday standing on the Daily Planet sign... So I'm still disappointed that 1:6 collectors are not getting that one...

As much as I appreciate that 1:6 collectors will get a Doomsday it will now be years away since XM is starting from scratch...
Yepp well said....

The 1/4 line will kill the 1/6 line .

Maybe im being a litteral baby but i have lost all faith in XMs DC lines
Cygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:37 PM   #98
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygor View Post
Yepp well said....

The 1/4 line will kill the 1/6 line .

Maybe im being a litteral baby but i have lost all faith in XMs DC lines
Will not, Alex said it in the Livestream.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:45 PM   #99
Cygor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Will not, Alex said it in the Livestream.
Sure thats the attitude now...

But they will cannibalize each other.

Its already happend with Doomsday and Dark Nights?

Sure they say that they are making another Doomsday(I belive it when i see it)

Are they gonna make Dark Nights in both 1/6 and 1/4?

im gonna guess no
Cygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:22 PM   #100
FJC
Midnighter

If they release a kick ass looking 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke, I'll sing their praises to the heavens. That piece alone would make this announcement worthwhile for me.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote