Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #371
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Nah. I can see that his Joker is easily redone. He did the Burton “campy, over the top, gas lovin” Joker very well. However, to me his Joker has no teeth or much depth, but was fun to watch. Nicholson’s face and acting ability are 100% meant to have played Joker.

I love the truly evil and sadistic Joker. So in the actual Batman world, that is Ledger. Phoenix is right up there, but as we can’t really tell what world he is in, I’m not counting him.

I love Michelle’s Catwoman because she has the most sass, substance, sex appeal, and slightly unhinged vengeance so far. Also the look is so damn iconic. I hope Zoe Kravitz has a great version of Catwoman.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #372
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I heard the same sentiment expressed a lot about Jack Nicholson, circa 2006-07.
Yeah but that's him...nobody is beating her.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #373
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Yeah but that's him...nobody is beating her.
Yeah, we've already had three live action attempts - Halle Berry (LMAO), Camren Bicondova (Gotham) and Anne Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises) and none have come close. We'll see what Zoë Kravitz brings, but I still don't see her outshining Michelle. She did look hot though in the one pic that has been revealed. Her outfit even had a nod to Michelle's with the boots she's wearing.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #374
Mister H
Gen 13

Hathaway was pretty decent I thought. Pfieffer was great. Kravitz though, I dunno. I hope she's good, I just don't see it happening.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #375
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hathaway was pretty decent I thought. Pfieffer was great. Kravitz though, I dunno. I hope she's good, I just don't see it happening.
I thought Hatherway was more uptotate compared to the slightly dated Pfieffer. performance. I have time for both
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #376
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I liked Hathaway a lot, and her costume (the upturned goggle things looking like cat ears was really smart, for example). But really she was nothing more than a really good thief. Not much of an onion to peel there.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:59 AM   #377
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I liked Hathaway a lot, and her costume (the upturned goggle things looking like cat ears was really smart, for example). But really she was nothing more than a really good thief. Not much of an onion to peel there.
Ding ding. Such a one-sided Catwoman with a cute and functional costume.

I'm hoping Zoe's Catwoman is a darker tone. I'd like to see them either tie her into the Falcone family (yes, I know this isn't proven, but it's hinted at) or go darker and make her a former prostitute who turned her life around. DC hasn't shied away from darker subject matter, but my guess is they won't go super dark and will just have her being an orphan who hustled and stole what she needed to survive.

Hell, I would like Catwoman to be in more than one Batman film. Maybe have them actually be a couple for a hot second and then break-up or her do something he can't overlook.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #378
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am anxious to see Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman. I still remember how everyone was questioning and even disappointed when Michael Keaton got the role as Batman but to this day her performance is still looked at being very favorable. (I will be honest, I thought that both George Clooney and Val Kilmer were good also but they were just in bad movies.)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:39 AM   #379
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Despite Pfeiffer being a zombie with nine lives, she was actually a villain. None of that sidekick stuff. That's why she's awesome.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #380
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, we've already had three live action attempts - Halle Berry (LMAO), Camren Bicondova (Gotham) and Anne Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises) and none have come close. We'll see what Zoë Kravitz brings, but I still don't see her outshining Michelle. She did look hot though in the one pic that has been revealed. Her outfit even had a nod to Michelle's with the boots she's wearing.
Can't forget Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar...campy TV, but I'd probably put Kitt at a relatively close second on the list. ...I say relatively because you can't eff with Pfeiff, but she made it her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am anxious to see Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman. I still remember how everyone was questioning and even disappointed when Michael Keaton got the role as Batman but to this day her performance is still looked at being very favorable. (I will be honest, I thought that both George Clooney and Val Kilmer were good also but they were just in bad movies.)
I think I might agree with you on that. I'm not sure there's ever really been a bad Batman...just bad movies/scripts.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote