Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-11-2021, 01:25 AM   #411
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think I'm in the minority here, but the head sculpt from the mouth down to her chin does not look like Anne Hathaway to me from the front. The side profile is a closer likeness to her, but something is wrong with the lower half of her face in the pics and videos. I also notice this with shots that are at a lower angle, showing the Batpod and tilted up to show her face. Everything else looks great.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:37 AM   #412
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
I think I'm in the minority here, but the head sculpt from the mouth down to her chin does not look like Anne Hathaway to me from the front. The side profile is a closer likeness to her, but something is wrong with the lower half of her face in the pics and videos. I also notice this with shots that are at a lower angle, showing the Batpod and tilted up to show her face. Everything else looks great.
I've been thinking something similar, but it's hard to really say when we don't see the latest unmasked version.....also, lighting has a huge effect as well.

So what do you think, which is the definitive Selina Kyle Dark Knight Catwoman statue - JND or QS?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:53 AM   #413
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've been thinking something similar, but it's hard to really say when we don't see the latest unmasked version.....also, lighting has a huge effect as well.

So what do you think, which is the definitive Selina Kyle Dark Knight Catwoman statue - JND or QS?
For me, the JND Catwoman is the definitive Selina Kyle Dark Knight Catwoman statue. I love her pose, the different accessories she can hold, and the range of emotionality on the portrait depending on which angle you currently see as well as how the light falls on her face; it truly is most impressive. I do agree that her face does appear a bit gaunt around the cheek areas, but I find the likeness to be uncanny to Anne Hathaway.

Queen's Catwoman is certainly more sexy, having probably thee most bodacious bum I think I've ever seen, which for someone like myself who is a legs/bum guy, I totally appreciate. However, in my opinion, the QS portrait isn't as strong as JND's and when you are attempting to make a statue look like a real person, it is essential the face is as close as possible.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #414
Shoo
Hercules

From China Joy:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:49 PM   #415
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yeah, that's definitely the best Anne Hathaway portrait of all the new Anne pieces coming out.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:11 PM   #416
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I also ‘prefer’ this portrait more than the rest.

But I do think she looks a tad younger? in this sculpt

And I much prefer the skin colouring on this as well. My only complaint with JND’s and Infinity’s pieces was that I found them both a bit too ‘white’ or I guess pale and I’m not sure that I can blame the silicone as it’s probably just a matter of a bit more shading maybe.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:21 AM   #417
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Life sized bust beats this for the impact and size IMO

Not saying this isn't amazing too
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:41 AM   #418
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Life sized bust beats this for the impact and size IMO

Not saying this isn't amazing too
The LSB is let down, savagely, by the "base".....that stupid cityscape just destroys the impact of the piece.

They should have, imo, just concluded with some waist pouches, or just a sleek run that hints at the start of her hips.....classy.

Having said that, I've noticed a tendency for these companies to turn these busts into showcases for an integrated mini diorama - which is just lame art direction.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:02 PM   #419
SDguy

I'd be really interested to know how many of these sold were to statue collectors, vs just double dipping HT collectors. I know I'd love more 1/6 scale likeness accurate statues like Harley from both Suicide Squad movies, Pfeiffer CW, etc.... and I'll never buy the HT ones. But maybe I'm a small demographic.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #420
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'd be really interested to know how many of these sold were to statue collectors, vs just double dipping HT collectors. I know I'd love more 1/6 scale likeness accurate statues like Harley from both Suicide Squad movies, Pfeiffer CW, etc.... and I'll never buy the HT ones. But maybe I'm a small demographic.
Given how much variety of product that is out there, I'm starting to see this "hobby" as Figure Collecting.

I think the lines are really starting to blur between the different disciplines, to the extent that their similarities outweigh the relevance of their differences. E.g. "Action Figures" have joints and articulation - however, I assume the majority of AF collectors, pose their figures one time and set them in the display cabinet....at that point, it may as well be a statue