Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #161
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce12 View Post
It was just painted and submitted for approval. Once approved they will do the reveal.
Ok. But lets get it going.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:43 AM   #162
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
They will probably still keep us blue balled with teases for a while longer after it's been approved, Iron Man was approved last week and they still just showed a blurred image of him.

Yeah they are annoying with how they are dragging things out. Don't know who's brilliant idea it was do that.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #163
Royce12

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
They will probably still keep us blue balled with teases for a while longer after it's been approved, Iron Man was approved last week and they still just showed a blurred image of him.

That?s the 3D render though. Hulk will be released before Iron Man so it will be revealed first. The physical Hulk statue has been painted and submitted for approval. I do agree that they probably started the teases too early but they are really proud of the work and they are ready to show it off.
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #164
Danii99
Birdman

This is getting annoying, just show both pieces already!
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:51 PM   #165
ENDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce12 View Post
That?s the 3D render though. Hulk will be released before Iron Man so it will be revealed first. The physical Hulk statue has been painted and submitted for approval. I do agree that they probably started the teases too early but they are really proud of the work and they are ready to show it off.
If they are proud of their work and are ready to show it then they should.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:01 PM   #166
The Merovingian

I saw pics of this LBS statue and the paint and sculpt looks incredible, especially the depiction of his torso and legs. The body itself has great symmetry (not top or bottom heavy) which sounds crazy, but is extremely difficult to pull off when you're sculpting an anatomy like the Hulk. The details in the pics screams "quality" and "differentiation from other Hulk statues" throughout.

The pose is classic in nature and the various portraits pay homage to the classic versions and the more more modern versions. The base (rectangular) has been intricately done; like most LBS bases, this base tells integral stories through engraved hieroglyphics that wraps around; similar to that of Thor's base.

The size alone of this piece is on another level, even for a Hulk statue. I dare say, it will take 2 people to put this statue together properly without the risk of damaging areas around the insertion points, as this piece easily weighs over 100lbs (I'm guessing around 105lbs - 110lbs give or take if the base and body are solid all the way through).

As always, for any company the key is bringing this level of quality and likeness from the final "prototype" model to the production pieces. IMHO, LBS has shown in the past that they have been able to make this transfer with little or no drop off. As I understand the ES is not going to be high, so the QC should really be tight regarding the "production phase" of this statue.

I've seen many licensed and unlicensed Hulk statues and in IMHO I think this Hulk statue will be one of the new barometers in which most other Hulk statues are measured against. This statue has the capability of inhaling most of the oxygen out of many collector's rooms. This is a "game-changing" piece and I'm not using hyperbole; I think this statue has a solid opportunity of being labeled a "signature statue" within the LBS portfolio; not to mention the mark it is going to leave within the collecting community, as a whole.

I'm really looking forward to the collecting community reflecting on their thoughts once this statue goes up for PO.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:46 PM   #167
pdenham
Teen Titans

That's a heady write up, Merovingian.

The mention of weight snaps me back to reality with this one. Thor tested my limit. I don't want to- and just can't- do any bigger or heavier than that.
And even that one isn't that monstrous in this scale.

Based on your comments, though, I can already hear the whines of "why couldn't they make this in 1/4 scale" starting.

As far as prototype to production quality goes, I thought both Cap and Thor were about as good as it gets. The white "A" on one of the helmets could have used another pass of paint on mine- but there's no issues of outside-the-lines slop, or dumbing down of the nuances in the painting that is seen on the prototype for either statue. Fidelity to the prototype in all areas is just about 100% on mine.
I'm sure any Hulk buyers will be ecstatic with what they eventually receive.

Even if I can't be a part of this one, it's great to hear that LBS is not only aiming higher and higher, but hitting the target too.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:50 PM   #168
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
I saw pics of this LBS statue and the paint and sculpt looks incredible, especially the depiction of his torso and legs. The body itself has great symmetry (not top or bottom heavy) which sounds crazy, but is extremely difficult to pull off when you're sculpting an anatomy like the Hulk. The details in the pics screams "quality" and "differentiation from other Hulk statues" throughout.

The pose is classic in nature and the various portraits pay homage to the classic versions and the more more modern versions. The base (rectangular) has been intricately done; like most LBS bases, this base tells integral stories through engraved hieroglyphics that wraps around; similar to that of Thor's base.

The size alone of this piece is on another level, even for a Hulk statue. I dare say, it will take 2 people to put this statue together properly without the risk of damaging areas around the insertion points, as this piece easily weighs over 100lbs (I'm guessing around 105lbs - 110lbs give or take if the base and body are solid all the way through).

As always, for any company the key is bringing this level of quality and likeness from the final "prototype" model to the production pieces. IMHO, LBS has shown in the past that they have been able to make this transfer with little or no drop off. As I understand the ES is not going to be high, so the QC should really be tight regarding the "production phase" of this statue.

I've seen many licensed and unlicensed Hulk statues and in IMHO I think this Hulk statue will be one of the new barometers in which most other Hulk statues are measured against. This statue has the capability of inhaling most of the oxygen out of many collector's rooms. This is a "game-changing" piece and I'm not using hyperbole; I think this statue has a solid opportunity of being labeled a "signature statue" within the LBS portfolio; not to mention the mark it is going to leave within the collecting community, as a whole.

I'm really looking forward to the collecting community reflecting on their thoughts once this statue goes up for PO.
WORDS.

We dont want words.

WE WANT PICS
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:13 PM   #169
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

This board sure has gotten whiny all of a sudden.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:29 PM   #170
The Merovingian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
That's a heady write up, Merovingian.

The mention of weight snaps me back to reality with this one. Thor tested my limit. I don't want to- and just can't- do any bigger or heavier than that.
And even that one isn't that monstrous in this scale.

Based on your comments, though, I can already hear the whines of "why couldn't they make this in 1/4 scale" starting.

Even if I can't be a part of this one, it's great to hear that LBS is not only aiming higher and higher, but hitting the target too.
The size of this statue is stratospheric! I don't see this statue being packed in no less than 2 or 3 boxes. We've all seen a thousand Hulk statues over the years from various companies. Some stand out more than others, but this one is "different"! LBS was able to differentiate the sculpt and symmetry compared against other Hulk statues IMHO. It sounds so simple, but this is extremely difficult to accomplish.

Tell a company to create a Juggernaut statue that separates itself from all other Juggernaut statues previously made.........Tell a company to create a Silver Surfer statue that separates itself from all other Silver Surfer statues created in the past..... That is a tall order for most companies let alone companies armed with the best artists and sculptors. IMHO, LBS has created a statue that screams "separation" from the field of existing Hulk statues (licensed or unlicensed).

I'm sure Captain Ahab saw thousands of whales during his time at sea, but it was that one "special whale" that differentiated itself from the rest, that caught his eye and attention. IMHO, LBS has created something that differentiates itself from the pack. This is a special statue and I think the collecting community will agree when it comes up for PO.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote