Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-27-2022, 10:41 AM   #111
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think the regular will be $2299, the DX/DXS will $2999 etc etc

what's your opinion on seeing the Ram Mask? I think its cool to see, but it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. its not the P2's mask, it's another Predator all together. More options are always better, but it's not like the Gert Mask. The Ram mask is however my favorite of the NECA 1/4 Predators that aren't the main title character. Those NECA Predators are unbelievable still to this day. What a treat they gave us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
They did it so someone will have to pay $1k extra for a normal head that should have been there from the beginning (ie closed mouth )
What are they doing this sh|t again?!!

I saw this rebreathermask on the table, but it doesn't look like the one Shogun has in his picture.
Thought we get the rebreather as full size option (other head option). Don't want it, but FFck they are prob removing the closed mouth again..

Made this paint doodle with the rebreather, bcs didn't think it was the same as in his hand (other shape).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MT_OriginalRebreather.png
Views:	258
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	149075   Click image for larger version

Name:	MT_FullSizeRebreather.png
Views:	262
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	149076  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:08 AM   #112
Halcyon
Loki

I put this concern straight to Facebook.

Was ready to PO this Pred2 and the Closed mouth bust with the JH next weekend. But if they really going to do the same stupid trick again, i will take my time and prob don't order anything.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:02 PM   #113
Blade3327
Nightwing

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:12 PM   #114
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
What are they doing this sh|t again?!!

I saw this rebreathermask on the table, but it doesn't look like the one Shogun has in his picture.
Thought we get the rebreather as full size option (other head option). Don't want it, but FFck they are prob removing the closed mouth again..

Made this paint doodle with the rebreather, bcs didn't think it was the same as in his hand (other shape).

the rebreather is an accessory, similar to the P1's medkit. this will def be a part of the closed mouth head bust:

the Ram Head-mask is one of the Lost Predators that encircled Danny Glover after killing the P2 Pred:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2 Breather.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	149077  
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:13 PM   #115
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

where do you find such wonderful pictures?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:17 PM   #116
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
where do you find such wonderful pictures?
Their Facebook page has the galleries up. Hopefully the main site has them soon.
Old 04-27-2022, 12:20 PM   #117
SDguy

Hmmm, is it wrong that now I still want to stick with the 1/3 JG FS, but then get both busts to display together, with my brain justifying that it is a cheaper option than JH + CH FS?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #118
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hmmm, is it wrong that now I still want to stick with the 1/3 JG FS, but then get both busts to display together, with my brain justifying that it is a cheaper option than JH + CH FS?
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm getting the JH bust so I can use the closed-mouth portrait with the full statue, but if the statue turns out like crap, I can at least keep the bust and repaint it.

Might do the same with the CH. I don't care for the body proportions or pose at all, but the bust is perfect.
Old 04-27-2022, 12:29 PM   #119
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm getting the JH bust so I can use the closed-mouth portrait with the full statue, but if the statue turns out like crap, I can at least keep the bust and repaint it.

Might do the same with the CH. I don't care for the body proportions or pose at all, but the bust is perfect.
It really is.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:31 PM   #120
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not much to go on yet, but this is a pretty exciting reveal so let's get that conversation going in advance. Personally I'm hoping that we'll get a nice relaxed standing pose, combi stick to his side on an interesting base. A king willies head in hand switch out wouldn't hurt. But more than anything, I hope this is the statue that finally nails that elusive "Hero" bio mask, sculpt, colours and all. Exciting times!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hmmm, I've been looking forward to this one, but I'm torn. The details and overall shape etc look great. But the pose does absolutely nothing for me. I'm not indifferent to it, I actually don't like it. I'm not sure why you'd go to such effort to create something like this, only to place it into a constipated looking twisted half squat. I was really hoping they would have altered the pose after the initial reveal, shame. The base is way more simple than the JH however, maybe the price will be lower.

On the plus side, it looks like busts may be included with this, as is a decent mix of facial expressions which is nice. Also the mask looks really good from what we've seen! Finally...

So I don't know, this should be my grail, but I'm just not blown away and it's entirely due to the pose. On one hand I'm happy to not have the desire to drop potentially another $5k on this. On the other, I kind of wanted the 1/3 Big chap, JH and CH to consider ending my big purchases in this hobby. Maybe this one will grow on me, the price might help decide that.
You said you wanted a relaxed standing pose with combi stick to the side; that?s pretty much what this is. No King Willie head swap out hand though.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote