Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-23-2022, 06:37 AM   #641
pdenham
Teen Titans

I would think the sweating is what dries these out over time.

In the guide, it says to mop up that excess oil with the enclosed sponge (which, of course is no longer included).
That's oil (a lubricant) that is coming out of the silicone and never going back in.

I don't remember if I saw it in the guide or somewhere else, but I seem to recall humidity being cited as a big contributor to the sweating. I'm sure higher temps are, as well.
Would make sense that poor ventilation might be in the mix too.

Hate the thought of dropping $600 on a case, just to find out it's shortened the lifespan and would have been better off without it all along.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #642
pdenham
Teen Titans

More thoughts on a case design to incorporate air flow-
  • three sides (front, left, right) using clear acrylic.
  • top is a frame with dust-proof mesh
  • back of the case is ventilated by holes (covered with mesh?), and incorporating a computer fan with a 4 pin connector fed to a USB adaptor.

That way I could easily run the fan periodically from my computer, while providing slightly constricted but continuous airflow the rest of the time.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:37 AM   #643
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I’ve had my 1/2 scale Aquaman behind glass almost since I first got it five months ago and honestly I haven’t noticed any sweating on that particular piece. Whereas I think I did notice it on my Thanos bust when I first got it, and that one is not behind glass.

Note that my collection isn’t exposed to a lick of sunlight or excessive heat.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:33 AM   #644
pdenham
Teen Titans

^ I was watching an unboxing of that over the weekend. That's a really sweet piece. I love the water effect on the base. Far more ambitious to me than JNDs Mera, and more impressive in every way, while still only being a few hundred $ more in price (and that was only net cost due to shipping differences). Congrats!
Old 03-23-2022, 09:54 AM   #645
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
^ I was watching an unboxing of that over the weekend. That's a really sweet piece. I love the water effect on the base. Far more ambitious to me than JNDs Mera, and more impressive in every way, while still only being a few hundred $ more in price (and that was only net cost due to shipping differences). Congrats!
Yeah the price was great. When it comes to JND pieces, JND pieces are either overpriced, or that particular Queen piece was probably way underpriced given the silicone, glass eyes and all the rooted hair and of course the sheer size.

The only thing that I’ve grown to dislike a bit is that imo the trident is a bit too big. And the funny thing is that I just received Factory Entertainments Trident replica which imo goes the other way and is seriously under scaled.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:11 AM   #646
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
That's great, King. Glad it arrived to you safe.

The hair length on the busts left side looks just about right on.
Even better, it doesn't look like yours is sweating any.

What is it resting on? I like the looks of the black circular wood under this, and rounds like those are easy to get at HD.

It looks like just about everyone is keeping these out in the open and not inside a case. The maintenance guide does stress having these busts out in a well ventilated location (while also stressing keeping it away from dust, hair, and other airborne particles). I still feel like I'm going to need a case for my environment here. Maybe I should plan on installing a small fan inside it to move air around periodically, in addition to having some ventilation holes?
Polystone is just so much less of a hassle.
The "pedestal" I'm using is actually an SVS cylinder subwoofer. That I'm not really using as of late so it's just a glorified pedestal. Lol.

I'm really happy with my Alita. It's already been a month! Doing well on dust so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5EE3112A-265C-454A-9D7B-E5AEC485AA15.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	148809  
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #647
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yeah the price was great. When it comes to JND pieces, JND pieces are either overpriced, or that particular Queen piece was probably way underpriced given the silicone, glass eyes and all the rooted hair and of course the sheer size.

The only thing that I?ve grown to dislike a bit is that imo the trident is a bit too big. And the funny thing is that I just received Factory Entertainments Trident replica which imo goes the other way and is seriously under scaled.
Yes, they didn't have much of a margin at all on that or Alita. I also agree, the trident does seem too big. I was thinking about how to trim a little off mine and maybe refinish the whole thing in a shiner mirror gold finish.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #648
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
The "pedestal" I'm using is actually an SVS cylinder subwoofer. That I'm not really using as of late so it's just a glorified pedestal. Lol.

I'm really happy with my Alita. It's already been a month! Doing well on dust so far.
Clever! I've been trying to think of something to find to use as a pedestal.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #649
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Going to put mine in my Wood/Glass display case once i get it. (Was told it will be here in June sometime)
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:46 AM   #650
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Man totally forgot to post pictures on this. I did do a review on it though! I have it ontop of my 2 tier'd Stuvas. The depth on the sword definitely makes it a challenge to display. Love this piece thou!!

House is offline   Reply With Quote