Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-13-2022, 02:00 PM   #221
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It clearly is, and large tusks do generally get rounded over time in real life

the smaller one next to it does not come to a sharp point, it's sharper for sure but it's still pretty dulled. I'm fine with them changing it or even removing it altogether but this whole "they obviously know it's phallic!" seems crazy :|
Yeah if I get this piece it wont ruin anything for me, I'll simply be looking at Dejah, however a small tweak to satisfy what is probably a large group of people would be a good move I think, somebody a few pages back mentioned tusk are usually more white/cream colored not chocolate brown, but I guess this is the way the comic cover looks
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #222
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
but I guess this is the way the comic cover looks
It's actually not at all the way the cover looks...

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:13 PM   #223
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It's actually not at all the way the cover looks...
Intentional phallus confirmed!
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:31 PM   #224
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah if I get this piece it wont ruin anything for me, I'll simply be looking at Dejah, however a small tweak to satisfy what is probably a large group of people would be a good move I think, somebody a few pages back mentioned tusk are usually more white/cream colored not chocolate brown, but I guess this is the way the comic cover looks
Yes tusks are usually white, or white-ish because they are made of dentin, they are basically teeth. Like teeth they can easily get stained and pretty much everything in this series is reddish brown or brown in color cause it's just a big old desert everywhere.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:05 PM   #225
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yes tusks are usually white, or white-ish because they are made of dentin, they are basically teeth. Like teeth they can easily get stained and pretty much everything in this series is reddish brown or brown in color cause it's just a big old desert everywhere.
Ok, I guess you and nearmint can tell I'm not really familiar with Dejah's story, I believe a repaint to a more cream color tusk would make Dejah stand out more than having so much Dark color around her, I imagine people with the ability or money to have it done can make this statue look even better
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #226
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Look, i can get over that its some form of Martian Animal/creatures tusk. It might be brown. What i cant get over is that PCS, and Dynamite were like 'yeah, that does not look like a giant phallus at all, here's our stamp of approval'. And then Mr Newman sculpted this goddess, not thinking for a second that she's chained to...whatever she's chained to. Come on, SOMEBODY AT SOME POINT had to say 'guys...lets be real, this sure looks like an rhino weiner'. Anyone from PCS or Dynamite saying otherwise is lying through their teeth.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:02 PM   #227
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

LOL, this thread is too much.

So how many collectors do you think are going to take the plunge and buy her?
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:03 PM   #228
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Look, i can get over that its some form of Martian Animal/creatures tusk. It might be brown. What i cant get over is that PCS, and Dynamite were like 'yeah, that does not look like a giant phallus at all, here's our stamp of approval'. And then Mr Newman sculpted this goddess, not thinking for a second that she's chained to...whatever she's chained to. Come on, SOMEBODY AT SOME POINT had to say 'guys...lets be real, this sure looks like an rhino weiner'. Anyone from PCS or Dynamite saying otherwise is lying through their teeth.
I think the issue here is that you are assuming they would not go through with it just because it is phallic. It is a statue of a lady nearly naked but with pasties. She is virtually naked from behind and has an arm in chains. Is the breaking point really going to be that the backdrop can remind someone of a penis?

I do have to wonder why they even changed this from the source image though. Why aren't her arms further apart in separate chains for example? The whole premise looks a little silly as you almost want to assume she could slip the ring right off the tusk. The artwork is a little more up in the air as to where the chains are even going and I guess they didn't want any kind of wall because her butt is definitely a focal point for the statue.

The tusk is definitely phallic, but I guess I just don't get why that is causing people to go crazy. It seems like a relatively clever way to get that imagery involved in what is already a blatantly sexual statue.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:08 PM   #229
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
LOL, this thread is too much.

So how many collectors do you think are going to take the plunge and buy her?
I imagine this entire line will do well for PCS, but I guess I have no idea if it actually will. People loved the Dejah Thoris Sideshow recently put out. She's already sold out and vanished from Earth despite being so new. I imagine PCS will bring in Red Sonja eventually too so there is definitely value in getting multiple different characters in the line. I really like how this statue looks I keep coming back to it. I really like that all these 1/3 PCS statues have had very minimum bases too. The costs are almost depressingly similar to a P1 1/4th scale statue these days lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:25 PM   #230
SDguy

On FB they said they are delaying her PO by 1 week. Maybe tuskgate is a thing after all?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote