Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-12-2022, 11:03 AM   #221
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
I have the 200X Trap-Jaw by Neca, and his humongous mechanical arm is one of his best features IMO, and I'm glad TH took that approach as well in designing him. I think once you have him displayed you'll appreciate him more...
I used to have the Neca statues and Trap Jaw was my favorite followed by Skeletor. Some really well designed pieces. It is a shame they never took off and so few were produced.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 03:38 PM   #222
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
I get what you say and - while I do like it - I also hope we get a more classic inspired arm and head as switch-outs.
Fingers crossed.
And very likely more people will become impulse buyer (me included).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 04:52 PM   #223
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I used to have the Neca statues and Trap Jaw was my favorite followed by Skeletor. Some really well designed pieces. It is a shame they never took off and so few were produced.
I think I've purchased mine back in 2015or so from an eBay seller who sold it to me without the original box, but everything was packed well and in great shape.

I'm just wondering if it was you or not by any chance!

I wanted to score Skeletor as well, but it was a bit pricier at that time so I passed on it, but then again I was awaiting for the Sideshow MOTU statues to be announced for pre-order.
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:20 AM   #224
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
I think I've purchased mine back in 2015or so from an eBay seller who sold it to me without the original box, but everything was packed well and in great shape.

I'm just wondering if it was you or not by any chance!

I wanted to score Skeletor as well, but it was a bit pricier at that time so I passed on it, but then again I was awaiting for the Sideshow MOTU statues to be announced for pre-order.
Nope, not me. I've always kept my boxes and I sold off that collection way before then (maybe 2011 or so). Now that I think about it, I have their series 3, three bust pack of Teela, Man-At-Arms, and Mekanek sitting in storage somewhere. LOL
Old 06-14-2022, 04:37 PM   #225
Mechanizor

Quote:
Nope, not me. I've always kept my boxes and I sold off that collection way before then (maybe 2011 or so). Now that I think about it, I have their series 3, three bust pack of Teela, Man-At-Arms, and Mekanek sitting in storage somewhere. LOL
Thanks for the reply and for the clarification... I probably still prefer the 200X Trap Jaw design the most out of all the official iterations, but the TH version looks killer nonetheless IMHO.

I still wish one day, Mattel will decide to revisit the 200X designs again and update them a little in a form or another, but that probably needs a lot of convincing after the line's dark history. LOL
Old 06-16-2022, 01:22 AM   #226
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and for the clarification... I probably still prefer the 200X Trap Jaw design the most out of all the official iterations, but the TH version looks killer nonetheless IMHO.

I still wish one day, Mattel will decide to revisit the 200X designs again and update them a little in a form or another, but that probably needs a lot of convincing after the line's dark history. LOL
I doubt that will ever happen. I would've liked them to go back and finish the tv series, but that's about as likely as getting them to revisit anything from that time.
Old 06-16-2022, 07:13 PM   #227
Mechanizor

Quote:
I doubt that will ever happen. I would've liked them to go back and finish the tv series, but that's about as likely as getting them to revisit anything from that time.
Animation is very expensive; 1M-2M per episode, at least that's for the traditional 2D cells... Plus I'm not sure what were the terms with MYP's studio! So revisiting the old cartoon is probably very unlikely, especially considering it's been almost 20 years already!

That said, the Four Horsemen worked on and designed those toys, and they're still involved somehow with Mattel to this day, so the chances on revisiting those old 200X designs remain very slim, but not totally impossible since they've already implemented some of those designs in the Classics line, and currently they've started to show in Origins to my surprise!

200X can be reborn as a Direct to Consumer collectable toy line or as a "staction" statue line again IMHO, but for now it's only a wishful thinking by the minority of us who've experienced it for a short and frustrating period of time!
Old 06-16-2022, 07:51 PM   #228
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
That said, the Four Horsemen worked on and designed those toys, and they're still involved somehow with Mattel to this day, so the chances on revisiting those old 200X designs remain very slim, but not totally impossible since they've already implemented some of those designs in the Classics line, and currently they've started to show in Origins to my surprise!

200X can be reborn as a Direct to Consumer collectable toy line or as a "staction" statue line again IMHO, but for now it's only a wishful thinking by the minority of us who've experienced it for a short and frustrating period of time!
I think the most likely way we'll see proper 200X merchandise again is through the 7" Masterverse line. Like you said, they've already done some in Origins and that's the least compatible format for those particular character designs. Masterverse would be the perfect match.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:13 PM   #229
Mechanizor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I think the most likely way we'll see proper 200X merchandise again is through the 7" Masterverse line. Like you said, they've already done some in Origins and that's the least compatible format for those particular character designs. Masterverse would be the perfect match.
Yes, you're right, especially knowing the new 3D characters/figures already made an appearance in Masterverse.
However, the 200X designs require special sculpts/molds and could be costly if dome properly, and I'm sure if logistics would meet Mattel's present agenda when 200X have no current media or exposure!

In Classics and Origins, 200X's elements were only interpretations in those lines.
Old 06-17-2022, 02:27 PM   #230
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

From today's newsletter:

Quote:
We are looking for forward to being caught up, and the next newsletter we will have a shipping update on Black Adam, Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Mer-Man etc.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote