Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #3241
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Honestly it's just the width of his skull and maybe the slanted eyes that are bad. The tucked in mandibles and his flat profile are good (in my opinion of course).
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:32 PM   #3242
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Honestly it's just the width of his skull and maybe the slanted eyes that are bad. The tucked in mandibles and his flat profile are good (in my opinion of course).
the new predator looks like an first grader tried to draw winstons predator and they used design for the film.from the shoe string dreads to the lack of definition everywhere on the face. The detail here is on the same level with the Rubies AVP Predator mask.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 01:49 PM   #3243
Blade3327
Nightwing

If the factory doesn't nail the paint apps on this, I'll probably nab the SWS maquette and get it repainted/re-netted. Been going for too long without a Jungle Hunter in my collection and, let's be honest, a 1/4 maquette would be so much simpler to display/transport.

This 1/3 needs to be a home run, otherwise it's not happening. I'm out after the first sign of flaking paint.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #3244
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
watched Prey last night. Good Movie BAD Predator. The worst, most embarrassing Predator to grace the screen. The look, the feel. This movie's Predator sequences completely lacked the soul of The Predator. Good movie tho, the natives stole the show.

Seeing Prey really has me excited to own this definitive statue of the definitive charcter in 1:3 scale. Look at what we having coming:

That is exactly what I thought! The Prey Predator is such a let down! Wanted more of the first Predator or 2nd predator look. This one looked more like that crap they had van dam suite up in when they were first about to do it
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:50 PM   #3245
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
If the factory doesn't nail the paint apps on this, I'll probably nab the SWS maquette and get it repainted/re-netted. Been going for too long without a Jungle Hunter in my collection and, let's be honest, a 1/4 maquette would be so much simpler to display/transport.

This 1/3 needs to be a home run, otherwise it's not happening. I'm out after the first sign of flaking paint.
Yup. If this $3k + statue isn’t almost perfect, I’m out
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:08 PM   #3246
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
watched Prey last night. Good Movie BAD Predator. The worst, most embarrassing Predator to grace the screen. The look, the feel. This movie's Predator sequences completely lacked the soul of The Predator. Good movie tho, the natives stole the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Quote:
the new predator looks like an first grader tried to draw winstons predator and they used design for the film.from the shoe string dreads to the lack of definition everywhere on the face. The detail here is on the same level with the Rubies AVP Predator mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
That is exactly what I thought! The Prey Predator is such a let down! Wanted more of the first Predator or 2nd predator look. This one looked more like that crap they had van dam suite up in when they were first about to do it
I loved the film, and the only complaint I have is the feral predator's maskless face. I was shocked to see people on AvPGalaxy praising it and saying it looked "good" or "great". This was easily the most hideous, generic, unimaginative, unappealing predator facial design we have ever seen. By miles. There are some predator head designs that don't look great (Mr. Black, Scar), but this is the first one I've seen that is so far away from what the predator actually is that it might as well be a random CGI movie monster. This is the first one I've disliked so much that I feel disgusted and honestly offended when I see it.

With that being said, I thought the overall predator design was solid and I would gladly own a statue of it (without ever displaying the unmasked head). The armor, the skin texture, the weaponry, the colors & patterns - all well-designed in my opinion. I will say that the elongated giraffe neck did not work for me (nor should it have been a thing in the first place), but I can get over that.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #3247
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Watched Prey just recently, and while i agree that the Predator wasn't the coolest looking Pred we've seen, this movie was set at least 2 centuries before the events of the original 1987 Predator movie, so Predators that existed in the 1700's would not have looked like the Predators from previous movies, as they would've had to evolve over time.Overall, Prey was a great movie, with a lot of cool ideas, and the actress who played the lead roll was great aswell.After how incredibly bad The Predator was, i thought the Predator movies were done, but given how awesome Prey was, there's still hope for this franchise yet.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:45 PM   #3248
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The unmasked feral predator reminded me of those inbred psychos form the movie Wrong Turn. The biomask looked cool and the bear fight scene was entertaining.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #3249
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
The unmasked feral predator reminded me of those inbred psychos form the movie Wrong Turn. The biomask looked cool and the bear fight scene was entertaining.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:08 PM   #3250
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Watched Prey just recently, and while i agree that the Predator wasn't the coolest looking Pred we've seen, this movie was set at least 2 centuries before the events of the original 1987 Predator movie, so Predators that existed in the 1700's would not have looked like the Predators from previous movies, as they would've had to evolve over time.
It was 300 years ago, and that statement makes 0 sense. Evolution to that degree does not happen over 300 years. Look at humans 300 years ago. Or ten-thousand years ago. Or one-hundred-thousand years ago.

Regardless, the director already stated that this predator is a "different breed". Same thing they said about the super predators in Predators. The issue isn't that it looks different, it's the fact that the design is just extremely poor. It's not unique or original, it has no visual appeal, follows no theme, and has 0 personality.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote