Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-20-2022, 11:28 AM   #771
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

They requested that I send the first one back. Just sent pictures to them for the second one so I won't have a response until next week at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That sucks. That means we have to pay for shipping back and forth. Was hoping to get a new body and slip the head back on.

My distributor is kind of ghosting me right now. Takes multiple emails, slow to reply and now haven't heard back from them in couple weeks.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #772
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Hopefully this is all landing back at the feet of JND. The damage is consistently the same so it's clear an issue with production.

It would be nice to see JND take responsibility for this, make a public statement, and provide a solution for those impacted.
It would be nice, but I doubt they will. The situation got an honourable mention in their PR video before HQ started shipping, but that was it.

Considering the premium price tag for these products - to see collectors having to go through this is extremely disappointing from JND. At this point, they shouldn't be hiding behind a retailer network wall, they should be working directly with customers (regardless of point of purchase) to fix this issue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:51 PM   #773
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post

Hopefully this is all landing back at the feet of JND. The damage is consistently the same so it's clear an issue with production.
Seems like a combination of the packaging issue as much as the production to me. The force on the head would be quite high without any support when dropped, creating a whiplash like effect. That said the attachment area should be strong enough to survive that. It is a double fail on their part. They need to make this right so it does not ruin your display plans.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:52 PM   #774
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
They requested that I send the first one back. Just sent pictures to them for the second one so I won't have a response until next week at the earliest.

Thanks. That sucks. That means we have to pay for shipping back and forth. Was hoping to get a new body and slip the head back on.

My distributor is kind of ghosting me right now. Takes multiple emails, slow to reply and now haven't heard back from them in couple weeks.

Did you get yours from Spec? It took over a month to get my Joker issues resolved also, they blamed JND for the delays.
Old 08-20-2022, 07:39 PM   #775
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post

Did you get yours from Spec? It took over a month to get my Joker issues resolved also, they blamed JND for the delays.[/QUOTE]

No, GFX. They are blaming JND for being slow also. Couple weeks, multiple emails and they haven't reply. It's been over a month since I notified them.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:39 PM   #776
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:

No, GFX. They are blaming JND for being slow also. Couple weeks, multiple emails and they haven't reply. It's been over a month since I notified them.
Sounds like it is JND then. Probably have one slow guy who has no clue what to do for customer service like Queen did when they first started.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:52 AM   #777
skizzoid
Doh!

Quote:
I finally heard back from GFX about mine, and the response was that JND removed heads on some to prevent damage, and that I should attach the head back on as long as there's no damage to the collar. Mine fortunately didn't crack on the collar anywhere, but that's a very bizarre response.

I had a delay getting a response as well, so hopefully you get a (positive) resolution soon.
skizzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:09 AM   #778
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
I finally heard back from GFX about mine, and the response was that JND removed heads on some to prevent damage, and that I should attach the head back on as long as there's no damage to the collar. Mine fortunately didn't crack on the collar anywhere, but that's a very bizarre response.

I had a delay getting a response as well, so hopefully you get a (positive) resolution soon.
That sounds like B.S. to me.

1. If it was a conscious act on JND's part (to remove the head) - why would it be allowed to roll around in that packaging compartment? Wouldn't they have modified the packaging to take a separate head? Or even placed the head in a seperate box like Queen Studio did for their 1:3 Dark Knight.

2. Again, if the intention was to protect the statue and head - by removing it, wouldn't they have already ensured that the collar would be protected?

This is looking more and more shady with every post I read.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:38 AM   #779
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post

Mine got paint chips all around the collar. If it was just the silicone head coming off, I would not bother.

Don't know what they are thinking with no head support on the packaging
Old 08-21-2022, 02:12 AM   #780
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Opened mine up and did a video review of Catwoman for those interested.

https://youtu.be/EAjukOELVRo

If you dig the channel, I'd appreciate likes / subs from my statue forum family
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote