Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-17-2022, 02:15 PM   #121
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Introspection does not hurt anyone, it's made me a better collector. I've started over with my collection a few times and I can say I'm quite satisfied now with my curation.
That's fair, sounds like you're in a good place then. I'm sure we've all changed our approach to collecting at one time or another...or many times.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:19 PM   #122
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That's fair, sounds like you're in a good place then. I'm sure we've all changed our approach to collecting at one time or another...or many times.
The more experience one gets in this hobby the more you see "behind the curtain" and not just the precious treasure marketing the companies want you to believe.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:30 PM   #123
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I sanitized my delivery as best as I could have. If my opinion offended someone, then I am truly sorry, they need to man up. You can't expect the discussion part of a forum to work with mob like gatekeeping. But it's a private space so I respect the rules as best as I can. Introspection does not hurt anyone, it's made me a better collector. I've started over with my collection a few times and I can say I'm quite satisfied now with my curation.

The insults, keep them on yourselves, they fit you better.
Your point was, you don't need statues to enjoy the I.P.'s you like.

Where is the basis for discussion in such a statement? You're not asking for anyone's counter opinion, and you're not offering your statement in relation to a direct question - you're just throwing out a fixed position that can't be challenged.

Now you're being "challenged" - in the form of a discussion, you're accusing the challengers as "gatekeepers"......

No one is insulting you, or your conclusions - I'm just surprised that you can't see that you've basically gatecrashed the party and have told us to turn the music down because it doesn't meet your sensibilities - strange.

Will you go into every thread on the forum preaching the pointless, materialistic nature of statue collecting, or will you only preach that point of view on the statues you don't like, or are unwilling to afford?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 07:08 PM   #124
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I had a cup of orange juice this morning with my toast.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 07:12 PM   #125
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I sanitized my delivery as best as I could have. If my opinion offended someone, then I am truly sorry, they need to man up. You can't expect the discussion part of a forum to work with mob like gatekeeping. But it's a private space so I respect the rules as best as I can. Introspection does not hurt anyone, it's made me a better collector. I've started over with my collection a few times and I can say I'm quite satisfied now with my curation.

It's hugely satisfying when the troll can't handle a taste of his own medicine.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:13 AM   #126
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
I had a cup of orange juice this morning with my toast.
Pulp or no?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 02:43 PM   #127
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

What on earth are you talking about. Granted, I don't like this statue, but nothing you've typed here makes a lick of sense. If you don't like the hobby then that's fine. I don't collect sports cards--and you know what I have never done? I've never gone onto a sports cards forum to talk about the problem with sports cards.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:08 PM   #128
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The more experience one gets in this hobby the more you see "behind the curtain" and not just the precious treasure marketing the companies want you to believe.

The "if you don't like it, then leave" or "you just can't afford it" does not accurately describe me. I still do enjoy this hobby, and I'm coming back a bit stronger after a good hiatus. My purchases will reflect my changed attitudes towards a lot of things, that I would be happy to share and discuss these arcs over time.

The movements of intention behind each acquisition are more interesting to hear about than the more fleeting hype culture.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:06 PM   #129
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

AMAZING and CRAZY lol
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:51 PM   #130
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

This is a real statement piece. Even if you have a huge display room or home theater, this thing is still WAYYYY bigger than most people can accommodate. Imagine the custom pedestal this would take?!

You would really need a 12’ ceiling! LOL
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote