Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-15-2023, 01:30 AM   #311
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I'm very happy with the statue.
For those saying face is too skinny, go back and watch JL Snyder, particularly, the scenes where he's talking to Lois outside the smallville home,
and specially the scene where he goes back to the ship to pick his black suit. You can see that Caville's face is sunken in,
because I think he got really lean, because his portrayal of Superman is one that just came back from the dead,
and even JND mentioned it on their reveal, where the word they mentioned was Resurrection.

People are comparing it to MoS or BvS where he looks different.

In MoS, he was very very lean, cause Snyder wanted him to look like a college guy.
In BvS, Henry really bulked up. Really wanted to distance himself from MoS, where he is now truly Superman.

In, JL, Henry was somewhere in between. He got lean because he?s someone that just got resurrected, but he?s still muscular.
I personally loved this look as he looks more mature than MoS, but not too bulky also like in BvS.

My only nitpick is the lack of chrome highlights in the suit.
Seeing the suit in person, it was beautiful to see the engineering of the suit with the chrome muscle suit,
and the transparent blue suit where you can see the chrome muscle underneath.

But, seeing this statue pop out from all the figures cause of those vibrant colors, I'm ok with it.

I am still very happy I preordered it.

I never knew that about Cavills look. Thank you for the heads up. It alters my perspective on the statues look.....significantly.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:34 AM   #312
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I have Infinity Legolas, JND Whitebeard, and InArt Aragorn on PO. I?m definitely interested in the MOS Queen Cavill Bust. I?m on the fence on Infinity Cavill Bust.
That's a very cool list of purchases. I'd be very interested in your thoughts once you get them in hand.

I have the Legolas on pre-order, but I'm seriously on the fence if I will keep it or not, simply because I'm not sure if I want to get into LotR. I purposefully ignored getting the InArt Aragorn, it's a beautiful piece, but I want to actively avoid 1/6.....but damn, they nearly got me.
Old 01-15-2023, 03:14 AM   #313
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
That's a very cool list of purchases. I'd be very interested in your thoughts once you get them in hand.

I have the Legolas on pre-order, but I'm seriously on the fence if I will keep it or not, simply because I'm not sure if I want to get into LotR. I purposefully ignored getting the InArt Aragorn, it's a beautiful piece, but I want to actively avoid 1/6.....but damn, they nearly got me.
Thanks I will definitely post pics and give my thoughts when I receive them.

I hear ya. I?ve avoided LOTR for years with Weta, Ausmus and Prime. The likeness was never to my liking. I couldn?t resist with Infinity and InArt LOTR. I am not a completist or a hoarder any longer with this hobby. Less is best now, for me. I just want my fave characters and the best renditions, that I think is of them.

Even with the genre of what I collect is a lot less now. ----e, I?ve sold three quarters of my collection in the past three years. Lots of good deals to people on here lol. It was becoming the definition of hoarding and I started not liking it at all. The ones I REALLY want now are the expensive ones. I can only afford 2 or 3 of them a year now, which is a good thing moving forward for me. Less is best and be more impressed with what you buy now imo.

Infinity, Queen and JND are doing some damn impressive work. Just the lifelike look of them is impressive on its own. I?m glad to see a MAJOR LEVEL UP in this hobby.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 05:45 AM   #314
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

I never knew that about Cavills look. Thank you for the heads up. It alters my perspective on the statues look.....significantly.
I have to correct myself. I thought it was Zach, but it?s actually one of, the I think one of the stunt coordinators who was describing their fighting styles,
and he describes Henry?s as a frat boy haymaker fighting, and this is where I was getting the college jock reference.
But I feel like this is a good general description of Henry in MoS cause he?s got the longer hair. Definitely to me made it look like a younger Superman.

Then in BvS, now he?s got a slicked back more mature look. Also more bulky.

And Justice league, his physicality is somewhere in beteween.

MoS

BvS

JL

RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 05:48 AM   #315
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think this is a good comparison of his look compared to the statue.

Comparison with the statue:

RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:13 AM   #316
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I think this is a good comparison of his look compared to the statue.

Comparison with the statue:

Wow, just shows how close JND nailed it, once again, thank you for the comparison!

You know, again, this proves the point (imo) how much we judge a person's "look" based on impressions rather than fact - when you consider how much Henry Cavills look changed over the course of the movies - it's no wonder that people might get confused about which is the "real" Henry Cavill.

And finally, we see the impossible job that hyper real movie artists have to do. Because they probably sweat the details based on a snap shot in time of a person's face - only to have their work ridiculed or denigrated by people who feel they've got it wrong!

Of course, money does play a huge role in how we judge things....as much as I would like separate those factors. And people automatically expect the artist to catch their version / impression of the actors look to justify the cost - but, realistically, this is very unlikely to happen.

I don't know what the answer is. I mean, even with the excellent comparison photos by RemydaGambit, some people will still not be convinced of the quality of the likeness. I'm not suggesting they're "wrong" - it just really highlights the impossible nature of the problem.

.....buy what you like
Old 01-15-2023, 11:07 AM   #317
SDguy

All those reference images confirm to me what I already knew, and mentioned in my previous posts... that I personally just want a great MoS statue, which, apparently, will never happen....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 12:20 PM   #318
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
All those reference images confirm to me what I already knew, and mentioned in my previous posts... that I personally just want a great MoS statue, which, apparently, will never happen....
Yeah, by far his best look. I have hopes for the Queen bust, but it looks like it?s sacrificed suit accuracy to also be able to do the ZSJL black suit.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 02:11 PM   #319
JoBlo99
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Bet the downgrade on that thing won't look good.
JoBlo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 02:26 PM   #320
Iko Iko
Fantomah

I have my preorder in and all of these new pics didn't change my excitement for this. The long wait begins...
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote