Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2023, 02:42 PM   #841
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

nah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah, no. Again, there has hardly ever been any Penguin merch, he doesn't need to be goosed. I am not even sold they were totally going to cut off Ivy that early, but did when NOBODY was ordering it.

SS USED to come on here all the time. Crappy posters chased them and pretty much all the other producers/artists off this board. Why would anyone want to come here and give an official explanation? You think you are owed one because you missed out on the 3rd Ivy PF they made?
Nah, I don't think I'm owed anything personally. I don't feel that I am special. I have only been collecting now for about 5 years and as far as money goes and what I have spent on statues from SS, well.....I currently have 10 X-Men related 1/4 scale pieces in which 6 I got from SS. I have 7 Avengers pieces which 4 I got from SS and the Fairytales Fantasy lines and my Gotham Sirens which I have 5 so far and got 4 from SS. So, yea I don't really put myself in the same category and/or caliber as many others who frequent this forum and who have been collecting for much longer than me and who have probably spent sooooo much more than me to date. In fact, I was one of the peeps who didn't even get an email like so many others did. So yea, I know where I stand. LOL! But yea, to be honest, do NOT feel that I personally am owed anything. But am I surprised that there has not been an attempt to at least say or do something to acknowledge what has transpired..? Kinda. I mean, If I were a business owner and changed the methodology of how I was handling product, I would want to see the results of what my choice change had resulted in. If my only intention was result in a selling out of the product and doing so quickly, well then yes,.....SS succeeded. If my other intention was to see what the reactions and responses of these changes would result in, then yes, I would look into what platforms I can see and read about to see what my fan base was saying and how this change could affect them. And if I cared about what they had to say.......I would then go further and actually say something in response to the feedback provided.

But that's just me.

In any event, it is what it is. It would have been cool to have heard what they might have said/shared but as you mentioned earlier, it seems that they have been pretty much chased off the boards so I guess it just is what it is.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:52 PM   #842
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah, no. Again, there has hardly ever been any Penguin merch, he doesn't need to be goosed. I am not even sold they were totally going to cut off Ivy that early, but did when NOBODY was ordering it.

SS USED to come on here all the time. Crappy posters chased them and pretty much all the other producers/artists off this board. Why would anyone want to come here and give an official explanation? You think you are owed one because you missed out on the 3rd Ivy PF they made?
I really think it could be a sign of the times. Market may be well Ivy saturated and everyone id discounting the effect of the economy.
When did they send out the limited time email again? Most orders for this stuff happen at the start of PO and towards whatever is signaled as the END.
I'd fully wager the initial sales were so below expectations they just decided to try something different.

I'd love to see Sideshow just do another exact run. People would panic like the Russians had just invaded.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:39 PM   #843
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Someone posted an image earlier in this thread where SS did state that there were MORE LOW ES items on the way. Sounds like they are planning to intentionally limit certain future releases (last sentence of their Instagram post).

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:36 PM   #844
qz33
Doctor Doom

Ah yes well then they must be pleased with this strategy.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:42 PM   #845
darren1228
Zot

Doubt they are happy with selling only 250 statues. Plain and simple they are doing this to do a "reset." To get potential buyers to commit right away instead of waiting around for a discount.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:57 PM   #846
Biggunz
Loki

Only reason they did it is they are not selling statues.

Prices are too high and have been too high for too long. (Honestly. They don't know what to do.). ... got to love economics

And yes.... They are NOT elastic!

One or two statues ok. They got greedy.

Ive been saying this for years and it has NOT been very popular.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:58 PM   #847
Biggunz
Loki

GREEDSHOW!!!!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:25 PM   #848
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Doubt they are happy with selling only 250 statues. Plain and simple they are doing this to do a "reset." To get potential buyers to commit right away instead of waiting around for a discount.
Happy only in light of these circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Only reason they did it is they are not selling statues.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:29 AM   #849
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Case and point…. I had not gotten my Gambit CE until this past Saturday as I jumped on the 25 % off bandwagon, plus RPs. Hit it on the nail on the head…. Pieces are quite pricey and the hobby is getting pricier as the days change week to week….In the case of the Gambit CE,…..I managed to finally luck out and get one at a discounted price. But up until then was having a hard time pulling the trigger on a piece that after taxes and shipping was going to run me about 775.00.

I get it. It’s a business after all. With that said…. Wouldn’t they have wanted to make more available to sell of Ivy..? Unless they are so set and comfortable and have money to burn…. Maybe they don’t need to..?

Who knows..?

For me….. I would still grab one. But of course would be a fool to not try and use my earned reward points…. Sadly, it was my attempting to use my RPs that resulted in my missing out in the first place as they were not yet available for another week. So I would have been forced to pay full price.

Oh well, sucks for me.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:02 AM   #850
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
This is exactly what I think about this whole situation, its a reset to get buyers not to wait for a daily deal 2 years down the line.

Unless.. a was container lost at sea and..
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote