Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-25-2023, 06:02 PM   #5771
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
lithiums don't really leak
They do.
https://tritekbattery.com/do-lithium...20being%20used.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #5772
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
So this thing is heavy? 50 kg almost. Anyone here in the UK know of a good table to sit this on?

Im not DIY savvy to make my on table stand

I was planning on putting this on a IKEA LACK table, but max weight on that is 25 kg
Hey FDS! This thing is really heavy. I just checked prime 1s site and they updated the weight. Reg is listed as 51kgs and DXS 63kgs. My round terrazzo holds 60kgs, to be safe go for a table that can at least hold 50kgs of weight.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:08 PM   #5773
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
If I end up leaving this statue out in open air I?ll more than likely be covering with a sheet like Holycon does for most of the time. I really want it in my den.

There was just no room in my den to make those cabinets 28? deep. That?s just absurd to me. Lol. And if I ever got rid of the statue, god forbid, I?d end with this absurd 28? deep built in in my den with no room to move around in.

I?ve seen it in people collections with more than 4? overhanging the surface they have it on and it does look that bad.
Don't cover it! The statue is too awesome to hide behind a sheet. Yes it accumulates dust, but its not too hard to manage, buy a high powered handheld dust blaster and blast it once a week. Takes 10 minutes for me and does the job.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:15 PM   #5774
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Don't cover it! The statue is too awesome to hide behind a sheet. Yes it accumulates dust, but its not too hard to manage, buy a high powered handheld dust blaster and blast it once a week. Takes 10 minutes for me and does the job.
Yeah I have one of those dust blowers too. I spend a lot of time in my den so it?s probably gonna be easy to clean it all the time with the blower.

My office with all my transformers and Macross stuff in it, I hardly go in anymore, especially when I?m working. And the dust gets on there more now that I don?t go in there as much. Got get in there and clean more. It?s not dirty beyond any means but it?s not spotless with dust like it use to be.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:08 PM   #5775
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
No... not really. Just like the page says.

"Do Lithium Batteries Leak?

Lithium batteries seldom leak."

Is it technically possible? Yes, but almost never happens. Some are in fact guaranteed not to leak under normal circumstances. Saying they leak is like saying alkaline batteries can catch fire or the computer/phone you are using can explode, which yes technically they can but you don't really worry about it.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:37 PM   #5776
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
No... not really. Just like the page says.

"Do Lithium Batteries Leak?

Lithium batteries seldom leak."

Is it technically possible? Yes, but almost never happens. Some are in fact guaranteed not to leak under normal circumstances. Saying they leak is like saying alkaline batteries can catch fire or the computer/phone you are using can explode, which yes technically they can but you don't really worry about it.
I have had many of them leak. Guarantees mean nothing. Duracell's have a guarantee and they leak all the time. I have had new in package ones leak.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:57 PM   #5777
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have had many of them leak. Guarantees mean nothing. Duracell's have a guarantee and they leak all the time. I have had new in package ones leak.
They have almost no liquid in them to even leak in the first place... I find this claim questionable :| Also you can get money back from those guarantees if they damage something (and the batteries) so they do matter for people who do that.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:03 AM   #5778
zombini
Fantastic Four

A tiny nitpick. I wish they added legs quills too. A perfect statue doesn't exist right? That scorpion's scale is perfect though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8232.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	162011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8226.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	162012  
zombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:49 PM   #5779
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I don’t give a ---- what comes out. I’m not buying another collectible for at least a year. Maybe 2 years

$4.7k in one shot is crazy for a statue.

That’s the most I’ve ever spent on one statue. I’m still not calling the bust a separate piece. That bust should have been the bonus deluxe.

But it’s done. Both pieces are on their way out.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 04:14 PM   #5780
zombini
Fantastic Four

IMHO I should have gone regular with this one. Perfectly satisfied with how it looks with the prop bio and now I'm left with mini bust that going to be in the box or a separate cab away from my main display. The other stuff is just gimmick.
zombini is offline   Reply With Quote