Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-08-2023, 03:44 PM   #41
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
Glass eyes add an enormous amount of complexity to the production process. They need to be inserted from behind the face and secured. This means there is an additional seam that must be hidden with sculpt details or filled before painting. This is also another step in assembly and production. It can absolutely be done and we have the ability and expertise to do it, but it will add significant cost to the piece. Add to that factories are often resistant to those added complexities themselves and will price accordingly to make the job worthwhile for them. The vast majority of collectors won't appreciate the difference in quality and will just pass on the premium priced piece. All of this is a balance.
Please at least offer an additional version with that. I will gladly pay the premium for the superior option.

I do not mean any disrespect, but I just cannot accept the inferiority of a statue as definitive as a 1:2 Akuma without it.

Just please, think about this. You all have the pose, possibly the most unique of any 1:2 statue made. You have the tailoring, the sculpt (I have low doubts that John Cleary didn’t knock this out given his past work), and I presume wooden beads. Glass eyes on top would make this piece absolutely special.

I already have an idea of how expensive this will be for as a 1:2, which is already absolute high end for statues. For me, adding the extra premium is a no brainer for an ever better statue. Name the price and I will pay upfront for it, easy.

It would be a disappointment to think about what could have been for a statue that just held back on one aspect. You really have the chance here to make something truly definitive for an Akuma statue. I couldn’t help but think about “what could have been”, without that one ingredient.

It’s already ultra high end, I just can’t see holding back on it.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 12:45 PM   #42
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Like 3K for this?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 12:50 PM   #43
qz33
Doctor Doom

Shh don't spoil it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #44
Yamato
Justice League

It’s kind of a no brainer it would be pushing the 3k mark, which is why I think it’s a mistake for PCS to cheap out on aspects of this statue.

The majority of collectors won’t be able to afford or even house this statue, the moment it was decided to make a 1:2, it should be something that is high level on all aspects.

I would hope they reconsider their stance or at least offer something for people who want to pay more. Blitzway had success with this for the Black Label version of their Michael Jackson statue which was $700 over the normal version (done in house, plus other features).

It may seem small to some, but I want the best. It’s no different than all the minute criticisms people put towards other statues.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:08 PM   #45
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I've never seen the process of installing glass eyes on a resin statue's head. It does sound a little time consuming, but how much time is the question? A few hours or a couple days extra? That's how you can factor the extra cost. Does it also mean the head sculpts would be hollow and light weight?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:05 PM   #46
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I've never seen the process of installing glass eyes on a resin statue's head. It does sound a little time consuming, but how much time is the question? A few hours or a couple days extra? That's how you can factor the extra cost. Does it also mean the head sculpts would be hollow and light weight?
For what it?s worth, Rafael Robledo Jr does it for the ECC Hulk in this video https://youtu.be/A0FV-7nyHA8

But disclaimer, this shows modifying an existing statue rather than adding it to a completely fresh one.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:21 PM   #47
VILE GUILE

I watched it, good video thanks. He's a brave guy with that modification! It's definitely easier to install the eye's while it's a statue still in development, oppose to modifying a pre-existing piece. I was surprised he didn't put a smock over the body to keep it clean and use painter's tape around the eyelids when he hit them with the airbrush. Risky moves but he pulled it off quite well.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:38 AM   #48
BurningRage
Inhumans

From FB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1399.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	163413  
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 06:49 PM   #49
VILE GUILE

I'd be cool if this will be shown soon...like at SDCC next week?
Old 07-14-2023, 03:49 AM   #50
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I'd be cool if this will be shown soon...like at SDCC next week?
I was thinking the exact same thing!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote