Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2023, 10:37 PM   #491
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
Plot twist. The flesh tone only ends up with a 150ES.
That would be both amazing and epic. And that would also make the FB pages, forums and basically the internet just explode!!!!!

That could be fun.

Bring that on SS.

lol!!!!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:41 PM   #492
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Super funny to me how some people here can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that some of us genuinely like the green skin better.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:52 PM   #493
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Super funny to me how some people here can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that some of us genuinely like the green skin better.
Actually I think the green one is also beautifully done. I just prefer the fleshed toned one and always would have gotten that one. I had the chance to get a green one as I work from home and was online the entire time and fit the 4-5 hours before it sold out. I just chose to not get one as I prefer the flesh. And I am not a flipper and have no desire to buy one just to sell it later. So from my point of view, I leave it so that someone else who truly wants a green one can have it because perhaps they have their reasons. It?s not for me to judge their reasons whatever they may be. I am just going to do what I feel is right and what works best for me. For my collection, the flesh toned version will look great. I can?t wait to get her. Again, the green is also lovely. Just not my preference.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 12:25 AM   #494
SDguy

Quote:
Bite your tongue!! We can't just like the green better, and think the normal flesh colored one just looks like a goth sorceress LOL. We have to be scheming low ES hunters compromising what we truly want in our collection for perceived value and rarity.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 02:32 AM   #495
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Some collectors are indeed completionists and might pay up for the green version in the aftermarket.

But the flipside to that psychology are the bargain hunters, like me. We will wait to see the ES of the fleshtone version and if SS overproduces it. I hope they do, lol.

If they do and down the line it is say 20% off, knocking the cost down to around $560, that segment will happily pick up the flesh tone version for cheaper, perhaps using reward points to knock it down even more.

Even some of those in the FOMO category would be able to reconcile picking up the flesh tone version if they can get it for $560, with say $100 in rewards points, for around $450 and a lower tax hit, vs. $700 retail. Or grab a CE from a seller at a discount later.

That is the danger for SS with these variants. Piss off people who miss out on the Variant, and they won't buy the collector edition. So they run the risk of having to sit on a bunch of statues in the warehouse and the initial 200 piece sellout doesn't help when you have 1000+ collector editions that they can't move unless they discount significantly.
I agree.

This is the reason Sideshow should have preset the ES of the Variant/"EX" at eg 400. It would again sellout but in about 7-8 hours.

This way Sideshow would secure at least 400 orders and then the CE could have an edition size of eg 1000 and Sideshow would still have a combined ES of 1400.

200 ES is super low and many collectors are pissed off, they are also CRAZY completionists, they are never going to settle for the "lesser" (in their minds) piece.

They all got onto waitlist, waiting for the time being. If their waitlists wont convert and the Variant starts getting in hand, these guys are going to go full berserk to get the Variant in the aftermarket.

It is collector's mentality, there are crazy maniacs out-there, "elitists" only wanting the low ES rendition.

They won't settle down.

This is the reason, Sideshow should have asked Forps (lol) beforehand about the preset ES for the Variant. A 400 ES would also sellout and also HEDGE Sideshow regarding CE sales.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 06:09 AM   #496
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
I do love the green better. And I only pre-ordered fast because of the ES. Glad I did because the next morning it was sold out...
Otherwise I would have wait and take the green later.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #497
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

I think they both look nice. I'm okay missing the green variant. Own zero DC pieces but have always liked poison ivy a lot. In this case, the flesh tone will fit more nicely in my collection and look great with the new metal ivy print.

Anyone have a guess as to when the collectors variant might sell out? Don't want to miss it but I was don't want to order just yet.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:10 AM   #498
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
I think they both look nice. I'm okay missing the green variant. Own zero DC pieces but have always liked poison ivy a lot. In this case, the flesh tone will fit more nicely in my collection and look great with the new metal ivy print.

Anyone have a guess as to when the collectors variant might sell out? Don't want to miss it but I was don't want to order just yet.
There's no editions size so it won't sell out before that's announced which is usually weeks-months away. After that, it depends on how larger the ES is. If it's 500, could be hours or days. If it's 3500, could be years.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:10 AM   #499
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I do love the green better. And I only pre-ordered fast because of the ES. Glad I did because the next morning it was sold out...
Otherwise I would have wait and take the green later.
It went waitlist in 3 hours.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:21 AM   #500
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
It went waitlist in 3 hours.
I would probably have slept on it and missed out if not for the reaction here on the forum, and Forps played a big part in that, so very happy about hanging here that special day in July.

I am a bit tempted by the skin colored one still, but overall the green is the one that I prefer, and I don't see any other green ladies arriving in my collection so she will be a better fit in that aspect aswell
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote