Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2023, 02:02 PM   #331
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yea, Hands down I still do love Sideshow and the pieces that they have made, offered and I have collected. In fact, the majority of my 1/4 collection is from Sideshow. I only own one piece from Prime one and one piece from XM studios and the rest are all Sideshow. (minus the three custom pieces as well).

And....

I just pre-ordered the flesh toned new Poison Ivy

I just pre-ordered my Tweeterhead Two face 1/4 scale from Sideshow

I just pre-ordered the J Scott Campbell Evil Queen and have recently ordered and received the Red Riding Hood and WILL be ordering the Sultana

I just received my new Psylocke PF with Pagoda base

And I am still looking to grab:

Avengers Assemble 1/5th Green Hulk
Dr. Strange Maquette
Domino
1/5th Angel Comiquette
OG Vision PF

So it is safe to say that I still love the work produced by this company.

Am I 100% happy with many things that have been happening..?

Well, no but then again when was the last company anyone has ever worked with been 100% perfect in any and every sense of the word.

Many things I still love about them.
Many things I am not happy with.

Such is life however,.....

Then we find the things we need to do to complete our team, lines, collections from them solely or go elsewhere on occasion to fulfill those needs from other avenues.

LOL!!!!

Sounds like a relationship. LOL!!!!

But seriously though I do wish they would stay the "affordable" company but alas....life and inflation moves on and in order to stay viable and compete with everyone else....I get it.

And of course, I will always wish for less revisits of certain characters and to place some focus on others but again, alas......it is what it is.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 02:56 PM   #332
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

I like the products they produce more than I like the company itself. Their customer service is good. Their shipping dept is good. But they way they do certain things along with many of the decisions they make and the directions they take I generally dislike. I wont get into details but ya theres no reason for anyone to be loyal to any company. If the product is good then that is what dictates whether business is conducted in most cases. They dont care about you me or anyone else like someone else mentioned. No hard feelings. Its just business.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:19 PM   #333
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
I like the products they produce more than I like the company itself. Their customer service is good. Their shipping dept is good. But they way they do certain things along with many of the decisions they make and the directions they take I generally dislike. I wont get into details but ya theres no reason for anyone to be loyal to any company. If the product is good then that is what dictates whether business is conducted in most cases. They dont care about you me or anyone else like someone else mentioned. No hard feelings. Its just business.

to quote Ice Cube from back in the day...."It's all about the da Benjamins." LOL!
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:38 PM   #334
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
4) Members should never, under any circumstances, ask about the purchasing of unlicensed sculpts in a thread. Likewise, a sculptor should never answer such questions in a thread if encountered. Keep in mind that we are NOT going to play a game of semantics here. ANY post which even eludes to the fact that a member is questioning the availability of an unlicensed piece, or hints at the fact that a piece is going to be reproduced and distributed (including pics of multiple copies of the same piece) will be deleted without warning.

I mean, I know that most people dont read the rules when they join, but most of these posts would have been poofed long ago and certain memebers would have gotten a vacation back when this forum still had active Moderation. There is a reason for this and it hurts legitimate license holders. Period.
1) Sculptors may show pieces they are working on which are original properties, being done for a licensed company, or being produced as a portfolio piece. Commission work can be shown by a sculptor, but I encourage the person purchasing the commission to show it instead (see #2). Never, under any circumstances, should a sculptor advertise or solicit anything they are sculpting, that's not the reason we're here. Show your sculpts, and if people like them and want to ask about purchasing them, they should contact you via PM. What you do off the forum after that is your business.

2) If a member would like to show something they are commissioning for their personal collection, that's fine. Show WIPs, final products, whatever. Members are NOT to advertise something as a kit that they have commissioned. Again, the forum cannot condone the production and sale of unlicensed products.

3) The "Producers". You guys know who you are. Unfortunately, you're some of the casualties of this necessary lock down. Too many people are being burned (not by you guys), but we can't make exceptions. Please follow the rules laid out in #1 and #2, you guys will be ok.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:11 PM   #335
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Everybody on here likes Sideshow, that's why were on the page, but sideshow hasn't been the same in the last few years, I dont have any customs, but if I saw one I loved, I might buy it, just for ME to enjoy, not for profit, I spent 15k on sideshows COTD, with Tom promising all this cool stuff coming, and then they just shelved it, no sorry guys, it just didn't work out, nothing! Now all those statues are worth 1/3 of what I payed for them, fine ok, but dont think I'm exclusively loyal to a company that could care less about me, I learned my lesson, dont support them on their own stuff, and only buy what you truly love, Red Sonja will probably be the only thing I pre order this year, I like the Clint Eastwood Statue, but will definitely wait to see the production pics, Frankie Reborn's face was like a bad custom, in my opinion
I mean, they made $15k worth of CotD stuff. The lack of communication sucks, but it isn?t like the weren?t actually committed.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 06:36 PM   #336
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I mean, they made $15k worth of CotD stuff. The lack of communication sucks, but it isn?t like the weren?t actually committed.
Its a numbers game. ARH before they folded had noted how they couldnt get factory space unless they could gurantee the numbers the factory needed. SS probably didnt think they could do that with the line any further, and like you pointed out, they did take a pretty respectable run at it. The same could be said for their Dinosauria line.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 07:34 PM   #337
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I agree, but I invested into it because Tom talked about all this other stuff planned, I paid $700 for Xiall, a statue I didn't love, but wanted to have a complete lineup, as one example, little did I know they'd quit the line and not even make Exraile, who is basically like the Batman of the COTD, I guess in a way my complaint is sorta like you guys with the bigger licensees, for some reason they started making terrible choices for the line, including $700 Dolls, and basically ruined their own property, so I learned my lesson, and like I said, I'll still buy from sideshow absolutely, but never will I buy from a property they start, unless it's a individual piece I love, that can be a stand alone statue, a 15k lesson learned
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:17 PM   #338
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Tbolt is correct. There are customs being made out there but if you are in the Sideshow section, or any section for that matter, please respect it and keep custom talk out of it. Like their product or not, these companies pay a ton for licensing fees while having to wait for approvals before they may release anything.
Just try to keep the talk in this section about Sideshow. Thanks.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:25 PM   #339
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Tbolt is correct. There are customs being made out there but if you are in the Sideshow section, or any section for that matter, please respect it and keep custom talk out of it. Like their product or not, these companies pay a ton for licensing fees while having to wait for approvals before they may release anything.
Just try to keep the talk in this section about Sideshow. Thanks.
You know a lotta insider info. What's the percentage range for licensing costs of a typical products' MSRP?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:30 PM   #340
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

HOLD THE LINE!!!!!

YOU ARE THE RESISTANCE!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote