Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-09-2023, 02:31 PM   #101
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
So why the WHOLE 1/3 video game Arkham line by Prime1 is selling for 400/500 bucks? Starting @ 900+? Prime1 sells them for -70% for God's sake! They all look like giant action figures, THIS is why.

Going for OVER retail means that the market appreciates the sculpt and thinks it is a grail.

A 1/4 going for 1.5 or close to 2k in the aftermarket nowadays (where you can see Hush Batmans 1/3 selling for 1k !!!!) is UNBELIEVABLE. The aftermarket is virtually dead and this recent Sideshow pieces sell for an unbelievable premium.

It is ridiculous!

It shows how magnificent these sculpts are.

Harbottle GOATed with Dejah Thoris. Show me ONE sculpt by Prime1 getting close to this.

Kucharek Bros GOATed with Rebel Terminator. Show me again ONE sculpt by Prime1 getting close to this

The sculpt, the lines, the artistry, everything is perfect.

As for Kong vs Godzilla diorama, nope. I did not buy it. The colors are muted and it looks like it was again painted by a guy getting a bucket of grey paint and throwing it all over the sculpt. It looks MONOCHROMATIC but the worse thing is that it looks like a....toy.

There, i said it. The whole diorama being virtually monochromatic and looking plasticky, gives the impression someone bought it from a toy store for his son.

Sorry, Zombiez. I know that you are a Prime1 junkie (you only write in her threads) but this is what i feel when seeing that diorama. I HATE IT
Lol it is easy for something increase in value if it was cheaper to begin with. The increase in value doesn't actually say anything about how much people may prefer it if they could afford a similar product at a higher price.

Art is subjective. You think something looks bad other people may think it looks great. You clearly don't have a degree in fine art or macroeconomics.

People like p1 because they are different their products make people say "wow" and p1 takes risks, they also finish lines.You may not like the paint on the godzilla diorama but you have to admit sideshow has nothing like it.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:32 PM   #102
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

Get the f..k out of here.
No

I'll Stay

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:33 PM   #103
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
You may not like the paint on the godzilla diorama but you have to admit sideshow has nothing like it.

get ready for a rambling childish rant with 10 bullet points where 1-2 maybe make any sort of sense.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:40 PM   #104
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You know I like you Forps, but c'mon man! "Just a volume shooter" His career FG% is 49.7%, averaging 30.1 pts...MJ was also a 9-time NBA All-Defensive first team selection. As for selfish, you could make that argument early in his career, but by the time he was winning championships (6 of them!), I'd say he was pretty good at getting his teammates involved
No, he wasn't. He was selfish and i agree with eg Pippen. I get that guys between 30-55 idolize MJ cause he was their hero. If you hear a 80y old guy, he would probably tell you that "MJ was good, but Russell or Wilt were better". Forps is not tied with anything, anyone, any belief.

I am constantly open to change my view or my opinion based on facts or on new developments.

Eg i hate anime/manga, i always view them as things oriented for lonely Asian dudes (from rich Asian countries ofc, eg Japan, South Korea) who were lonely from their younger years and still live as incels.

In the West, if i was a store owner and a guy came in to buy eg an anime sculpt of a young woman (let's be polite), i would keep his name, address etc and then inform the police for a future offender

Who collects anime/manga in the West ? Guys being IMMATURE and still living like teenagers and some weirdos. I can't take a grown up man collecting anime statues of females (you know what im implying) seriously. It is ridiculous. Anime/manga are too childish and "spooky" - "stalker" - "offender" looking, lol

If i got into a house of a man @ his 40ies and i saw anime/manga statues, i would instantly think of him as ....let's leave it there. Thank God, none of the guys i know, collect anime/manga. Thank God!!!

Having said that, Forps is open-minded and i am going to buy my first anime/manga statue. Prime1's Fist of the North Star - Kenshiro & Yuria 1/4 !!! Yes!!! My first anime/manga statue! It is toooo artsy to not buy it!!!

Although i would probably place it somewhere far away from the main collection, lol
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:49 PM   #105
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Lol it is easy for something increase in value if it was cheaper to begin with. The increase in value doesn't actually say anything about how much people may prefer it if they could afford a similar product at a higher price.

Art is subjective. You think something looks bad other people may think it looks great. You clearly don't have a degree in fine art or macroeconomics.

People like p1 because they are different their products make people say "wow" and p1 takes risks, they also finish lines.You may not like the paint on the godzilla diorama but you have to admit sideshow has nothing like it.
Zombiez, you should go a couple of pages back to read my answer to Walton. Read it carefully. You are a collector 100% like Walton. Impressed by Prime1's big, 1/3 sculpts and having an untrained eye for fine art or how to recognize sculpting lines, refinement of a sculpt, artistic value etc.

I'll probably copy it again cause SHOGUN came writing his s..t, not giving time to fellow collectors to read my answer to Walton.

Read it again and take the test (the 3 comparisons). Take your time, Zombiez and i'll wait for you and Walton to come back.
Old 08-09-2023, 02:50 PM   #106
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I find the shaming of people who collect anime to be what's really childish it's also hypocritical and potentially prejudice.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:52 PM   #107
qz33
Baron Zemo

Okay just to put this in here Jordan got passed to because everybody knew. He didn't have to keep sh!t to himself.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:54 PM   #108
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
In the West, if i was a store owner and a guy came in to buy eg an anime sculpt of a young woman (let's be polite), i would keep his name, address etc and then inform the police for a future offender
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:54 PM   #109
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
I find the shaming of people who collect anime to be what's really childish it's also hypocritical and potentially prejudice.
Yet, i am getting my first manga statue, Prime1's Fist of the North Star - Kenshiro & Yuria 1/4. Although i do not know where to put it. It is toooo artsy for Forps to not get it!
Old 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM   #110
Blade3327
Nightwing

Forps getting mad at people derailing threads? Say it ain't so!
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote