Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-18-2023, 03:16 PM   #131
SDguy

Maybe XM will wow us. I just laughed to myself as I typed that.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 03:20 PM   #132
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Thanks so much for that response. I guess I was referring more so to the concept and point of a character that has not been created AT ALL, despite their variants or costume changes, etc. Like for example, I realize that a SS Archangel has never been done, but a 1/5th Angel Comiquette was done back in the day. So in that example, I would label it as yes, a Warren Worthington character has been done before. Despite it being an Angel and despite it being a 1/5th scale.

So despite, the Gotham by Gaslight Batman.....it's still Batman. And despite the Ronin Wolverine....it's still a Wolverine/Logan and have been done before. (character).

I was thinking more along the lines of like.....a X-Men Banshee. He has never been represented by Sideshow to date other than on 2D artwork.

So yea, not complaining int he slightest as much as I am just trying to do some research on the characters that to date have yet to have any representation at all and how much span of time goes by when one finally does make it through before the next time another "first timer" is created.

And for the record, the Green Lantern looks pretty cool. I just feel that it may be challenging to display it appropriately with conventional displays. It may require a more custom display to truly appreciate it in all of it's viewing angles.
This is what I mean. I dont think Banshee would sell. I don?t think Archangel would sell either, and there was talk back in the day they were working on one, but then they couldnt get rid of the Angel Comi, both versions stuck around forever. Same thing with the Iceman Comi. Collectors might have short memories but SS doesnt. When they have character sales duds they have historically been loathe to take another crack at them, especially for lower tier characters.

Characters that would sell they havent done like Doc Ock, Loki, Riddler are just kind of strange omissions.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:27 PM   #133
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
That Prime 1 looks like he lost a battle with his toothpaste in the morning,
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:54 PM   #134
Thing Is
Frackin!

Quote:
That Prime 1 looks like he lost a battle with his toothpaste in the morning, it?s awkward and the construct is weird. So many swings and misses on Hal.

This one was almost a buy from me from the waste up to replace my dated DCD 1/4, but the waste down is no bueno.
That’s the great thing about collecting. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have the Prime 1 Hal and it is absolutely amazing. Would not change a thing. Hands down the best Hal out there. Would be hard to beat. But that’s my opinion just like everyone else has theirs.
Thing Is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:59 PM   #135
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
If you guys are talking about the Hal GL where he's standing up on a 2-steps construct, then yea. That one wasn't 100% what I wanted in a Hal GL. It was more like 80%, but I got it anyway.
That?s about right.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 02:57 AM   #136
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
This is what I mean. I dont think Banshee would sell. I don?t think Archangel would sell either, and there was talk back in the day they were working on one, but then they couldnt get rid of the Angel Comi, both versions stuck around forever. Same thing with the Iceman Comi. Collectors might have short memories but SS doesnt. When they have character sales duds they have historically been loathe to take another crack at them, especially for lower tier characters.

Characters that would sell they havent done like Doc Ock, Loki, Riddler are just kind of strange omissions.
There are some characters that just aren’t popular enough to sell units but in all fairness some of their duds weren’t because of the character, it’s because of what they did with the character.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 07:08 AM   #137
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The base is very creative, tho. Only in 2 angles the "energy flows" come together to form a GL insignia. In other angles they're just "energy flows".

As suspected but not surprised, more pics have proven my initial impressions dead wrong, as Bel has just delivered yet another masterful sculpt.

The first promo pic put me way off, as his waist/legs were hidden in shadow, giving the false impression of "limp legs".

Instead, his legs/thighs are in fact both jacked & flexed, positioned/braced for his classic ascent. Which now elevates this sculpt to new heights, capturing an iconic/classic pose, making perfect sense.

I was not interested in this character, but the anatomy, iconic pose, light-up glows, just screams comic hero art.

A great, great sculpt, I'm not sure I can keep up, but I'm gonna give it a hell of a try to squeeze in this guy.

P.S. From all the Green Lantern sculpt shown, I dig this one. From across the room, this one will be a visual BOOM!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:09 PM   #138
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing Is View Post
That?s the great thing about collecting. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have the Prime 1 Hal and it is absolutely amazing. Would not change a thing. Hands down the best Hal out there. Would be hard to beat. But that?s my opinion just like everyone else has theirs.
My advice then is never switch to AIM toothpaste because you will never be able to put that thought back into the tube.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 03:14 PM   #139
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

those legs look terrible ^
i'll stick with the OG Exclusive
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 07:21 PM   #140
Thing Is
Frackin!

Quote:
My advice then is never switch to AIM toothpaste because you will never be able to put that thought back into the tube.
Have no idea why you keep talking about toothpaste, but it doesn?t take away from how great the Prime 1 piece is. Like I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this piece is amazing. Hope you find one that strikes you the same one day.
Thing Is is offline   Reply With Quote