Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-04-2023, 11:29 PM   #691
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Why don’t the folks from SS do this?
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 11:34 PM   #692
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Welcome Mr. Campbell.
Love the Evil Queen statue, always have. But what I?m really hoping get made is my favorite fairy tale - Sleeping Beauty. That sexy sleeping bed image would be a fun and unique design to see in statue form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Why don?t the folks from SS do this?
You mean participate on the forum? They used to. David Igo (who is now with Tweeterhead) and Susan did a lot.

I?m sure some lurk. We know some of the sculptors do
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 11:57 PM   #693
Onewiththeforce

Oh really? I didn’t know that. It would be cool to have the sculptors visit and participate.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:49 AM   #694
aadroban
Birdman

Since we had Magic Mirror as the Deluxe option with Evil Queen, I'm curious about ideas for possible Deluxe versions for future statues. Hopefully some of these could get approved eventually.

Just a few picked randomly . .
1) Obviously Beast with Belle

2) The dragon with Mulan . . which would be so sick

3) Two stone soldiers, temple columns with Medusa

4) Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion with Dorothy

5) Winged monkeys with Wicked Witch . . although she might need more for a Deluxe set

6) Couple of Card Soldiers and maybe a heart-shaped rose bush with Queen of Hearts

7) Gretel is kind of difficult . . the stove looks kind of cool and all but yikes. And I could care less about Hansel. Maybe this one stays with a regular version of just her and candy.

8) Either the side of the Jolly Roger or Big Ben with Wendy . depending on which version of her is approved

How would you pair up possible Deluxe versions?
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 11:32 AM   #695
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Oh really? I didn?t know that. It would be cool to have the sculptors visit and participate.
In the old days tons of producers and artists used to be on these boards. But people kind of ruined it.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 12:54 PM   #696
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
In the old days tons of producers and artists used to be on these boards. But people kind of ruined it.
Well Arnold did say it best in Terminator 2 Judgment Day when he was speaking to young John Connor int he desert.....

he said....

"It is your nature to destroy yourselves."

It is the line the will always sum up the human race as a whole.

Smartest dumb creatures on the face of the planet.
Old 12-05-2023, 12:59 PM   #697
SDguy

Quote:
Well Arnold did say it best in Terminator 2 Judgment Day when he was speaking to young John Connor int he desert.....

he said....

"It is your nature to destroy yourselves."

It is the line the will always sum up the human race as a whole.

Smartest dumb creatures on the face of the planet.
It's nothing that existential. It's as simple as a couple bad apples ruining it for everyone.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 01:31 PM   #698
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It's nothing that existential. It's as simple as a couple bad apples ruining it for everyone.
it was kinda meant to be more of a joke but in all actuality it kinda holds merit. LOL.

yea, there are always bad apples out there that ruin it for everyone else who are doing the right thing.

But again, that is human nature. Can't just live and let live. Gotta be peeps out there who have to muck things up.

oh well.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:53 PM   #699
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

CLASH OF THE TITANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Scott Campbel View Post
Hello!

First, I?ve enjoyed reading your reviews, feedback, and overall excitement regarding the Fairytale Fantasies line. It?s a line I?ve poured a lot into and I?m very proud of the series Sideshow and I have built and cannot wait for all of you to see what?s in the works for the future.

Normally I prefer to be more of a fly on the wall and just observe and not interact in online discussions. I prefer it that way so I can get an honest unbiased read on the reactions to our statues. But I felt I might chime in a little this time in the hopes of clearing up a few misconceptions.

* It?s been enjoyable to see everyone?s anticipation for my take on Medusa, and I?m pleased to read that it didn?t disappoint. The reaction to her has been beyond enthusiastic and I would love nothing more than to have her one day made into a Fairytales Fantasies Sideshow statue, so keep those requests coming, we all see them and they have influence.

* I am a big fan of the Clash of the Titans film from the 80s since it was my introduction the the legend of Medusa as a young boy. Though I realized later that she hasn't always depicted with the lower half of a snake. And since the Fairytale Fantasies line is primarily a Pin-Up calendar at its core, freeing myself to create a Medusa that leaned more towards the glamorous than the grotesque meant that I could depict her with hips and legs which I found to be more pleasing and alluring without detracting from what makes Medusa iconic. I also prefer not to get too close to the more famous depictions from well known films and Disney if I can without causing these characters to lose their recognizability. And It?s far more enjoyable as an artist to be able to envision and create a brand new take and design, that?s after all where the fun is for me!

My absolute favorite movie ever!!! And I would love nothing more than have a Medusa representation in my collection. I love the fact that she is beautiful like this. And to have another baddie in our collection would be most satisfying. Thank you. And welcome sir.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 10:56 PM   #700
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The two newest calendar/print entries! I'm definitely going to order a print of the Red Riding Hood!

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote