glad dude didn't offer free shipping

RESELL is a JOKE
Anyone who wants to start collecting think about this
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:41 PM   #1622
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yep, thats why when I sell I just do appropriately priced buy it now's. But its horrible to try and make your money back.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:53 PM   #1623
craigcliff1
Zot

Me TOO I have done BIN from 07 when I sold my first piece. C3 Falcon.
Old 01-03-2024, 12:57 PM   #1624
craigcliff1
Zot

Say dude bought Gam at SSC. with no sale
shipping, taxes, what 800.00 to 1,000
OH JOY.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:20 PM   #1625
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I bought my EX while overseas and had to have it sent to my sis in Texas because it was too big to ship. I think all in it was over $800 easily. Thats a huge chunk to lose. I usually look to see if anything is listed cheap on ebay, but usually I search for Sideshow Premium Format and set for anything under $300 to see what pops up. Rarely do I search for Maquettes. I think listed the most popular format even if its a Maq is best for the search most people use.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:21 PM   #1626
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
dude had his EX on ebay,
auction went to buyer for 134.00

glad dude didn't offer free shipping

RESELL is a JOKE
Anyone who wants to start collecting think about this
Yeah, it did have a lot of breaks, chips, and scuffs. Shipping was $158 (bringing the total up to nearly $300 without tax) and I'm sure buyers factored that in as well.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #1627
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yeah, it did have a lot of breaks, chips, and scuffs. Shipping was $158 (bringing the total up to nearly $300 without tax) and I'm sure buyers factored that in as well.
If it was damaged they were lucky to get anything for it. Broken statues are practically worthless when it comes to selling.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:44 PM   #1628
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

yea, this is for sure a buyer's market as opposed to a seller's.

I have had my SS Rogue CE PF on sale for some time. keep dropping the price and she just sits....

and in this case...no breaks of any kind.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:38 PM   #1629
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
If it was damaged they were lucky to get anything for it. Broken statues are practically worthless when it comes to selling.
The damages weren't too terrible for it to be completely worthless... mostly stuff like chipped hair and a few other things like finger/s and maybe the coat tips.

It was enough to where I considered it for a moment, but then realized I didn't want to deal with trying to fix those small imperfections plus spending much more over that shipping cost. But totally worth the effort to someone with more time and repair ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
yea, this is for sure a buyer's market as opposed to a seller's.

I have had my SS Rogue CE PF on sale for some time. keep dropping the price and she just sits....

and in this case...no breaks of any kind.
Yeah, the market has swung more on the Buyer's side lately. But as always, it depends on the pieces and timing. The past week or so, I've mostly just seen a lot of high listings and a few high sales. I guess people are spending their Christmas gift money.

Sorry to hear about your Rogue. I'd guess the problem is that it's the REG and most collectors want that EX portrait. I'm glad companies are starting to do away with these different edition types and including everything (or at least alternate portraits) within the main offering.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 02:05 PM   #1630
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
The damages weren't too terrible for it to be completely worthless... mostly stuff like chipped hair and a few other things like finger/s and maybe the coat tips.

It was enough to where I considered it for a moment, but then realized I didn't want to deal with trying to fix those small imperfections plus spending much more over that shipping cost. But totally worth the effort to someone with more time and repair ability.

Yeah, the market has swung more on the Buyer's side lately. But as always, it depends on the pieces and timing. The past week or so, I've mostly just seen a lot of high listings and a few high sales. I guess people are spending their Christmas gift money.

Sorry to hear about your Rogue. I'd guess the problem is that it's the REG and most collectors want that EX portrait. I'm glad companies are starting to do away with these different edition types and including everything (or at least alternate portraits) within the main offering.
Yep, I tend to steer away from the REG unless its a great deal. I did buy the Reg Rogue from BBTS because they would ship to my location overseas and SS would not due to box size. Funny thing is, BBTS then put it in an even larger box....I wanted the character enough to settle, but its just better overall when you dont have to deal with that.