Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-25-2023, 02:22 PM   #511
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I have very little faith in Prime 1s morals these days, they make awesome statues, but their business tactics are cold hearted. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to re-release this with an improved pose, base and mask etc if they feel there's a market. And as much as I'd love a high end city hunter.... I really hope they don't!
Remember that Statue Producers always blame their customers before themselves. They think people just don't want this after Jungle hunter not because so much sucks.

Pics looks good though. Even if people started liking it I doubt it would be as fast and furious as their Aliens. No one ordered because people had no faith in a factory making an Alien that was worth the asking price at the time. Prime 1 turned in the best Alien statues ever by a mile.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 02:50 PM   #512
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

[QUOTE=Blade3327;6152858]If you need someone to convince you, you probably don't want it enough, no?

For me, it's got my favorite of the CH's unmasked portraits. I also love the CH design, but can't stand the base so this bust gives me everything I want without anything I don't.

Though I do wish I had a masked portrait to swap onto it as well. Maybe someone will be willing to part with theirs...

Nah, more like I'm judging my decision whether or not to keep my PO, as Prime 1 keeps pushing the shipping dates and other new things have peeked my interest.

I'm gonna keep it after all. It'll be a great companion piece to my JH (limited closed-mouth bust).
]
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #513
MarsHunterPRDTR
Frackin!

Greetings!

My first post! Hello from Korea 🇰🇷 I?ve been a fan of Predator since 1991. Recently, I?ve been thinking of graduating from Neca & Hot Toys Predator figures and upgrading to Prime 1 Studio?s Predator statues because I feel like Neca figures feel weak & cheap (but I believe they?re the most movie-accurate, minus the poor paint job) and Hot Toys figures are painfully inaccurate with their Predator heads & masks 👎 I feel like statues have this strong presence that figures can?t create.

I?ve been contemplating ordering Prime 1 Studio?s 1/3 scale City Hunter Predator statue (City Hunter is my favorite Predator). But like majority of the disappointed fans, the price is ridiculously too expensive and I?m kind of turned off by City Hunter?s pose and his body looks disproportionate and fat Also, his bio-mask & his main unmasked face look strangely inaccurate (but I love the roaring face & the bust?s close mandible face). My main priority is the 1/3 scale statue, but since I?m trying my hands on statues for the first time, I may pull the trigger on the bust statue first because the price is friendly and the close mandible head is my favorite among the 3 unmasked heads
MarsHunterPRDTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:35 AM   #514
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Remember that Statue Producers always blame their customers before themselves. They think people just don't want this after Jungle hunter not because so much sucks.

Pics looks good though. Even if people started liking it I doubt it would be as fast and furious as their Aliens. No one ordered because people had no faith in a factory making an Alien that was worth the asking price at the time. Prime 1 turned in the best Alien statues ever by a mile.
Historically, these forums have always been just as enthusiastic for City hunter statues as they have Jungle hunters. Probably more so if anything, there's a lot of us City hunter fans here. I don't think Prime 1 have anyone to blame but themselves for the fact that this one isn't gaining that same enthusiastic attention, even they couldn't twist that! The scale and price doesn't help for sure, they had to make something very special to justify it to more people. But at least it looks like the production pieces will turn out good based on that most recent image. So hopefully those who did order will receive something at the same high standard as the JH.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:10 AM   #515
dao2
Cyclops

A lot more voices than buyers though, like the 1/4 city hunter is pretty universally liked. It's got some flaws sure but it also looks great and has an amazing price, but still it didn't sell well enough apparently.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 12:47 PM   #516
benkonig
Fantastic Four

view the posture of the city hunter, it will go in the place of the jungle of left and the jungle will go replaced my 1/4 which will go elsewhere with the bust resting on the base..
benkonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 07:09 PM   #517
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
A lot more voices than buyers though, like the 1/4 city hunter is pretty universally liked. It's got some flaws sure but it also looks great and has an amazing price, but still it didn't sell well enough apparently.
I sold my wall version and plan on getting the 1/3 eventually.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:17 AM   #518
Halcyon
Loki

Anyone got shipping news about the City Hunter versions?
Thought this should be ready Januari2024.

I read, prob around June-July arrival in Europe.
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 07:43 AM   #519
benkonig
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Anyone got shipping news about the City Hunter versions?
Thought this should be ready Januari2024.

I read, prob around June-July arrival in Europe.
It had been delayed, I think for Europe not before this summer or September October.
benkonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 09:19 AM   #520
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Will start shipping after CNY according to Johnny, the bust is already out there.

According to Johnny the quality of the City Hunter is on par with the Jungle Hunter.

Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote