Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-06-2024, 11:14 PM   #81
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Looks like you are right... and his forehead is red, so it is totally off from the cartoon.
Nice. That's the best one though.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:33 AM   #82
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Gee some of you guys had very privileged childhoods. Trypticon, Metroplex, Jetfire, full sets of combiners & Voltron.
I had none of that. At the most I had about 6 or 7 Transformers throughout my entire childhood and maybe 4 or 5 GI Joes. I guess that's why I'm making up for it now. Thank goodness for disposable income, lol.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:42 AM   #83
qz33
Baron Zemo

I was blessed with the best Grandparents anyone could ever hope for.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:53 AM   #84
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Gee some of you guys had very privileged childhoods. Trypticon, Metroplex, Jetfire, full sets of combiners & Voltron.
I had none of that. At the most I had about 6 or 7 Transformers throughout my entire childhood and maybe 4 or 5 GI Joes. I guess that's why I'm making up for it now. Thank goodness for disposable income, lol.
I'm the oldest of three brothers. They are 1 and 2 years younger.

I only had about 6 or 7 TF as well, but then, so did my brothers (I was adding my brothers' lot to my total, in another thread). We were always into the same stuff, so between us, we always had a good assortment.

My brother actually had Jetfire, and I was jealous. After we grew up, the toys disappeared. But I rebought Jetfire for myself after college... lol
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:42 AM   #85
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'm the oldest of three brothers. They are 1 and 2 years younger.

I only had about 6 or 7 TF as well, but then, so did my brothers (I was adding my brothers' lot to my total, in another thread). We were always into the same stuff, so between us, we always had a good assortment.

My brother actually had Jetfire, and I was jealous. After we grew up, the toys disappeared. But I rebought Jetfire for myself after college... lol
Oh yeah, Jetfire was so cool. I saw one once at a cousin's house. He didn't let me play with it, only look at it.
Speaking of Jetfire/Skyfire, have you seen Takara's MP-57? It looks really cool as well but these days I don't collect transforming toys, only statues & action figures. Here's hoping PCS do one. Maybe I'll join their Facebook group and pester them about it.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:03 AM   #86
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
My parents were poor/middleclass and sacrificed for me. Holidays and birthdays I got spoiled. The rest of the year was a drought. I was never given an allowance and helped around the house for free till I got my first job.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:11 AM   #87
SDguy

ahhhh, Voltron was really expensive. My parents decided it would be my earliest introduction to the concept of a loan. They agreed to buy it for me, but I had to continue with all normal chores (whatever those were for a kid, I really can't remember - I think mostly help them with the yard work), but with no allowance for a year (a YEAR!). It seemed like forever to me.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:27 AM   #88
Mister H
Ultimates

I always thought of Voltron as Mazinger lite.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:53 AM   #89
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Oh yeah, Jetfire was so cool. I saw one once at a cousin's house. He didn't let me play with it, only look at it.
Speaking of Jetfire/Skyfire, have you seen Takara's MP-57? It looks really cool as well but these days I don't collect transforming toys, only statues & action figures. Here's hoping PCS do one. Maybe I'll join their Facebook group and pester them about it.
I have the jetfire from Fans Toys. Looking at potentially getting their constructions now.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:21 PM   #90
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I have the jetfire from Fans Toys. Looking at potentially getting their constructions now.
Yeah that Fans Toys Jetfire also looks very cool. I didn't know they were doing Constructicons now. No doubt they will look good too as most Fans Toys products tend to do. Hope they don't take forever like they are with their Stunticons & Aerialbots.