Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-25-2024, 07:24 PM   #7581
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If you sacrifice one of the heads (Gort?) you could remove the dreds and use them to mod and extend the dreds on your favorite heads. Just have to mend them together somehow and try to camouflage the seams where they attach maybe?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:42 PM   #7582
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I did mentioned the dread length and the knee pads during P1 prototype stage.
With the P1 statue it looks like he just went for a fresh haircut (all around at the same length). Would be nice if some dreads where longer than others (which should easily reach the chest buckle and let say one inch longer than currently would be my choice too).

The big gap behind the already thick knee pads still is an eyesore. These pads should 'rest' against his knees (or at least close by). I really tried to get mine off by full heat of hairdryer and then pulling hard (was close at breaking point), but the glue combined with prob a peg, was too strong attached. So i gave up and filled the gap with small leather pad.

Also many of these JH heads (not all) the decal patterns are too dense applied (or even overlapping). And edges are noticeable, not blend with some airbrush paint. But black decals as top layer covered only with gloss.

Sculpt wise P1 preds are great, but wish these three points where addressed better.
I'm working on this
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:27 AM   #7583
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
If you sacrifice one of the heads (Gort?) you could remove the dreds and use them to mod and extend the dreds on your favorite heads. Just have to mend them together somehow and try to camouflage the seams where they attach maybe?
Tbh I thought of this too. Bcs my Gort came with a damaged lens.
But the dreads are quite thick and i think it is not easy to just add a longer one between existing ones. Also cutting a few dreads and adding extra length (at bottom of bead) could work, but did not try yet bcs don't know if i want sacrifice Gort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I'm working on this
Curious how you will handle the knee pads.
I was thinking of cutting them off with sharp thin wire and then reattach correctly. Goodluck with it.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:29 AM   #7584
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Tbh I thought of this too. Bcs my Gort came with a damaged lens.
But the dreads are quite thick and i think it is not easy to add a longer one between existing ones. Also cutting a few dreads and adding extra length (at bottom of bead) could work, but did not try yet bcs don't know if i want sacrifice Gort.

Curious how you will handle the knee pads.
I was thinking of cutting them off with sharp thin wire and then reattach correctly. Goodluck with it.
I can fix almost everything.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:11 PM   #7585
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
I did mentioned the dread length and the knee pads during P1 prototype stage.
With the P1 statue it looks like he just went for a fresh haircut (all around at the same length). Would be nice if some dreads where longer than others (which should easily reach the chest buckle and let say one inch longer than currently would be my choice too).

The big gap behind the already thick knee pads still is an eyesore. These pads should 'rest' against his knees (or at least close by). I really tried to get mine off by full heat of hairdryer and then pulling hard (was close at breaking point), but the glue combined with prob a peg, was too strong attached. So i gave up and filled the gap with small leather pad.

Also many of these JH heads (not all) the decal patterns are too dense applied (or even overlapping). And edges are noticeable, not blend with some airbrush paint. But black decals as top layer covered only with gloss.

Sculpt wise P1 preds are great, but wish these three points where addressed better.
The kneepads don't bother me but I can see why the gap would annoy some collectors. Real world correctness would be the back leg would have very little to no gap and the front leg a little gap since front leg is slightly kneeling.

Personally for me I think the dreads could have been molded more outwards (prototype got it right), and the only other thing is having quills in his upper leg/thigh area. That's pretty much it, everything else in my eye is as perfect as can be for a mass produced product.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:14 PM   #7586
NipRing
Frackin!

I had a broken fang on one of the portraits (one i wasn't planning on using anyway). But for the price I paid, i felt i needed to contact P1. They offered me the choice of a $50 credit or they would send me a replacement head, on the condition i showed proof of the existing head was destroyed. I proposed an alternative way of satisfying the situation. I pointed out the cost of shipping me a replacement head vs the cost of shipping me a set of Hopper's dog tags from the bonus edition. Yes, id rather have Mac's skull but given the value they put on this damage (a mere $50 credit) i felt like they might consider just shipping me a set of dog tags (a minor part of the bonus) vs the skull (a major part). Well, im happy to say, i got a positive response today.

Customer Support (Prime 1 Studio)
Mar 19, 2024, 17:21 GMT+9

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your reply.

We will help you check and see if one Jim Hopper Dog Tag can be located.

Please reach out to us if you don't hear from us in 7 calendar days.

Thank you

Sincerely,

After Service Support
Prime 1 Studio Support Team

Customer Support (Prime 1 Studio)
Mar 25, 2024, 10:30 GMT+9

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your patience.

We have located one dog tag, see attached.

Would you agree to take this dog tag instead of a replacement head and settle the case? Please let us know.

Thank you

Sincerely,

After Service Support
Prime 1 Studio Support Team
NipRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:29 PM   #7587
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipRing View Post
Well, im happy to say, i got a positive response today.
Nice job!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:31 PM   #7588
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
The kneepads don't bother me but I can see why the gap would annoy some collectors. Real world correctness would be the back leg would have very little to no gap and the front leg a little gap since front leg is slightly kneeling.

Personally for me I think the dreads could have been molded more outwards (prototype got it right), and the only other thing is having quills in his upper leg/thigh area. That's pretty much it, everything else in my eye is as perfect as can be for a mass produced product.
That's pretty much my feelings overall. Sure it's not perfect, but it's still damn good! I guess you could attach the extra quills they provided and use them to glue on the thighs if you want right?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:07 PM   #7589
PacMan3000
The Spirit

I have a question for anyone here that ordered through Secret Compass...how would you grade your experience? Were you happy? Satisfied? Disappointed?

I'm thinking about pre-rdering a Prime 1 statue from them, but it doesn't appear it'll arrive until sometime later this year. I went through this thread and read some of the replies from people that ordered through SC. It was a bit hit or miss.

Some people seemed to have longer wait times than others. Sounds like it was supposed to arrive for customers around the Fall of 2023, but some didn't get their statues till around Christmas, and others were waiting past January (I don't recall if they did or didn't receive their statue).

Anyway, just curious to know what others felt about SC.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:12 PM   #7590
qz33
Doctor Doom

Good chance of a delay/extra wait with Secret Compass.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote