Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2024, 10:51 AM   #481
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
Not to hijack this too bad, but I received my Silver Surfer Maquette yesterday. This is my first statue, I had never even seen a ? scale statue in person before. To say I was floored by the scale and sheer awesomeness of this thing would be a massive understatement. I'm hooked. Hulk cannot come soon enough.

Already hooked with the first one? Oh fck, you're done!

Seriously, Surfer is very cool, and your projected future picks are too. Prepare for the ride of your life.

Last bit of advise, pace yourself, and get sturdy/bigger shelves! You're gonna need them. Good luck.

P.S. As for this HULK? Artstation has Daniel Bel's digital renders up. If that wonderful detailing lives up? We have a HULK!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:12 PM   #482
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Not to hijack this too bad, but I received my Silver Surfer Maquette yesterday. This is my first statue, I had never even seen a ? scale statue in person before. To say I was floored by the scale and sheer awesomeness of this thing would be a massive understatement. I'm hooked. Hulk cannot come soon enough.
I like that Surfer piece...oh, and I dig that French The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly poster

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Surfer.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	169513  
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:08 PM   #483
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Already hooked with the first one? Oh fck, you're done!

Seriously, Surfer is very cool, and your projected future picks are too. Prepare for the ride of your life.

Last bit of advise, pace yourself, and get sturdy/bigger shelves! You're gonna need them. Good luck.

P.S. As for this HULK? Artstation has Daniel Bel's digital renders up. If that wonderful detailing lives up? We have a HULK!
I think seeing this first one just solidified how awesome I hoped these things would or could be.

Yeah will definitely pace myself, as I mentioned before I'm not on a quest for a massive collection. I think one day I would like to have a reasonably stocked Moduspace system in my basement lounge area. I e-mailed a place that reps them in the GTA to get some recommendations. I would like to see a PF Thing as you mentioned. Would love to pair that with Hulk.

The Hulk............................I think it is going to be beyond epic. Time will tell.
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:08 PM   #484
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I like that Surfer piece...oh, and I dig that French The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly poster

Aha thanks man! Definitely one of my top movies of all time.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:53 AM   #485
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Sideshow got me yesterday with their Instagram story showing the Crow on for 20% off..............Had my eye on it, it's my favorite comic book movie, and I cant turn down a deal.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:37 AM   #486
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Sideshow got me yesterday with their Instagram story showing the Crow on for 20% off..............Had my eye on it, it's my favorite comic book movie, and I cant turn down a deal.

As with the flight of the mighty crow, you're on a collecting roll, be mindful on how fast and high you soar. Between now & HULK, I can't wait to see how far gone.

Welcome to the club, you've been infected & there ain't no cure, done.

HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:15 AM   #487
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Haha Thanks man. I think I am exercising some self control. There are a number of pieces available right now that I would really love, but I am pacing myself. With that said if a deal comes up on one of them I likely won't turn it down. The Gladiator Hulk from Sideshow is another one that I am watching. If I see a daily deal for 20% or more off I can see myself pulling the trigger.

I love Godzilla and Kong stuff, and am impatiently waiting to see what Prime 1 or someone offers related to the new movie. If there is anything really special from that, it will be instant pre order for me. As such I am keeping the rest under control.

I do really like the payment plans for some of these pre orders. Have the Hulk and Frankenstein on $100 a month till they show up. Very easy to absorb that way and just make sure I chuck money at my credit card when I have it. At the same time I can see how it could easily get out of control.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:53 AM   #488
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Both designing and sculpting are crap.The worst Hulk statue from Sideshow.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 03:16 PM   #489
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Ballsy post considering your avatar! Yikes.
Old 04-08-2024, 04:08 PM   #490
AC_808
Hercules

Yeah. I believe he's programmed to post a negative comment to all Sideshow statues. Don't matter if the statue is amazing, as long as its from Sideshow.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote