Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-05-2023, 05:48 AM   #11
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
As soon as the first image of this JPIII Rex appeared on Instagram he commented that Prime 1 paid for his models once and then never again while continuously re-releasing them. He was so pissed he talked about opening an Etsy store and selling them himself.

I don't think he would have done that if those were altered versions of what P1 purchased from him.
And yes, they were all slightly older models.
P1 has a history of mistreating artists, so I believe that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 05:34 PM   #12
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
As soon as the first image of this JPIII Rex appeared on Instagram he commented that Prime 1 paid for his models once and then never again while continuously re-releasing them. He was so pissed he talked about opening an Etsy store and selling them himself.

I don't think he would have done that if those were altered versions of what P1 purchased from him.
And yes, they were all slightly older models.
Even altered, they're still his models. Can't speak for Julien, but if they took my work and they altered it further, I'd be even more pissed because the marketing surrounding the figures have already said they were my models. And if the model has been altered to be less accurate, yes, I'd be extremely upset because they're basically making me look incompetent.

So like Stingray said, I could very well believe they'd mistreat Julien by altering his work like this.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:36 AM   #13
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If I'm not mistaken, Julian stopped working with Prime 1 long before they produced the male buck. So it wouldn't surprise me if they just modified his female rex sculpt to become the male. They are doing the same with his raptor sculpt, modifying them slightly to sell other versions. He has since updated a lot of his sculpts and made them more accurate.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 07:21 PM   #14
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think it looks alright, but they missed the mark on pose. The only reason to do the rex from JP/// is because of the fight. The rex is on screen for less than a minute of film time (i counted when i first saw it, i was so pissed). They?re releasing the spino as well, same scale, so why don’t we have dynamic, interactive poses? This one is just too stale - a normal walking t rex. There?s nothing that separates it from the Lost World buck or even Rexy from Jurassic Park (aside from color) to the laymen. Make the statues doing something cool when next to each other. This just feels boring.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 03:06 AM   #15
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

It's not even from Jurassic Park 3, this one is the Lost World. The male Tyrannosaur in JP3, aside from the head shown very briefly, was all CG. Just like the Spinosaurus. Both looked different from the animatronics.

The WDragon is more accurate to what appeared on screen : https://youtu.be/i2_djXBVDj0?si=xbjZvTSQiurdd55N
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 01:03 PM   #16
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
It's not even from Jurassic Park 3, this one is the Lost World. The male Tyrannosaur in JP3, aside from the head shown very briefly, was all CG. Just like the Spinosaurus. Both looked different from the animatronics.

The WDragon is more accurate to what appeared on screen : https://youtu.be/i2_djXBVDj0?si=xbjZvTSQiurdd55N
As far as I can tell, it's very much the TLW Male T. rex sculpt from their Cliff Attack set slightly reposed with a more yellowed paint job. The JP3 T. rex reused the animatronic from TLW, so Prime1 technically isn't wrong for reusing the sculpt. JP3 created an entirely new CGI model for the T. rex, though, which W-Dragon captured the likeness of perfectly. It's an absolutely beautiful piece. The Prime1 I'm definitely having to mull over, because I already have the W-Dragon one.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:45 AM   #17
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
As far as I can tell, it's very much the TLW Male T. rex sculpt from their Cliff Attack set slightly reposed with a more yellowed paint job. The JP3 T. rex reused the animatronic from TLW, so Prime1 technically isn't wrong for reusing the sculpt. JP3 created an entirely new CGI model for the T. rex, though, which W-Dragon captured the likeness of perfectly. It's an absolutely beautiful piece. The Prime1 I'm definitely having to mull over, because I already have the W-Dragon one.
The animatronic head was only used for two scenes though as I recall? Where it looks up from the Para carcass and the very end where the Spino is roaring over it? The actual fight was all CGI. I guess you could say it was technically in there, but to me the CGI model differs so much from the Buck and it features more prominatly that, to me, that's the real one from the film.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote