Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-20-2024, 05:19 PM   #641
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Remember Sideshow doesn't get better or worse just the production factories. Paint is the production aspect most subject to serendipity.
All those nice videos of Sideshow's painters are for rubes and just highlight the disparity between proto and production.

And the original queen was terrible. Even the castings were a mess. SD Guy's is one of the best I've seen and even then I can tell there's only so much a pro painter could do with that terrible production job.
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:20 PM   #642
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah its really too bad, beautiful sculpt and great concept with amazing details. i would suggest to them if they want to continue with these divisive paint jobs offer them as a variant or as an "exclusive"
That is a whole other can of worms. Sideshow knows what they are doing. They keep upping their paint game because the ads sell more statues than what is actually delivered in hand.

People get so attached while waiting and everything that by the time it comes in they will convince themselves to settle even if disappointed.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:22 PM   #643
qz33
Baron Zemo

Or they tell themselves "I'll have it repainted... someday". For how many of us does someday never come. We've all done it I know I have.

SonicCobra being a rare custom exception.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:27 PM   #644
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Don't sugar coat it. That hair is atrocious
The hair is the worst part, but it also doesn't make sense, the bottom fringes of her hair at the back are a brighter (regular) blonde while the rest is darkened

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:28 PM   #645
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Sideshow knows what they are doing.
well they can have it, i havent been a fan of a single forced lighting or "night time" painted piece theyve put out yet and it seems like every one they do is meet with criticism by the people who care enough to hop on a forum and talk about it. like you said, if i want something with shadows ill light it that way. i give them props for wanting to do something different but setting the factories up for failure and customers for disappointment with a technique a only a master painter can pull off... pretty weak sauce imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:32 PM   #646
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
well they can have it, i havent been a fan of a single forced lighting or "night time" painted piece theyve put out yet and it seems like every one they do is meet with criticism by the people who care enough to hop on a forum and talk about it. like you said, if i want something with shadows ill light it that way. i give them props for wanting to do something different but setting the factories up for failure and customers for disappointment with a technique a only a master painter can pull off... pretty weak sauce imo
Bingo! This right here. We all knew the factory wouldn't be able to replicate what Kat did in that video, so why keep trying when we all know it's going to end up looking half as good?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:33 PM   #647
ukshaun
Hercules

I'll be happy so long as the eye's are not googly, which is asking a lot when it comes to Sideshow..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:37 PM   #648
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Bingo! This right here. We all knew the factory wouldn't be able to replicate what Kat did in that video, so why keep trying when we all know it's going to end up looking half as good?
Because Sideshow believes more people may buy it than would have otherwise.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:41 PM   #649
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Because Sideshow believes more people may buy it than would have otherwise.
maybe, a big MAYBE... but theyve never had issues selling sexy chicks before, i doubt a normal paint job would stop anyone here
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:42 PM   #650
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
maybe, a big MAYBE... but theyve never had issues selling sexy chicks before, i doubt a normal paint job would stop anyone here
I probably would have ordered her and the diver chick if they had normal paint jobs. So, for me, the opposite was true. I hate this forced lighting paint.

Anywho, I won't harp on it anymore. If you like this, you like it. If you don't, well, money saved.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote