Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 04-24-2006, 02:44 AM   #1
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Overpower blues

In the beginning I collected Marvel Overpower. I really liked the game and thought it was done fairly well. But with the expansion sets, you had to get new hero cards for the intellect, stats changed(as they should have in some cases), and it became nearly impossible to get every card. There must have been a thousand of them or more. Then I actually bought a few packs of the DC overpower...until I noticed that on a scale of 1-8 Superman had a 7 strength and Batman had a 7 fighting. Comon, Namor had an 8 strength as well as Juggernaut and Thing. No way any of them are stronger than Superman! So I stopped collecting. But now I'm putting all the cards in binders and noticing the montrous holes in this potential set. I'll never collect the rest of them but am wondering how I got sucked in so far before I realized it was an exercise in futility? Just sorta makes me laugh now that by the time I pulled the plug I was into it about 3 boxes of cards more than I should have been. Great cards for the most part just an endless search for every one needed and some grossly miscalculated stats on many heroes/villains. IMO
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:43 AM   #2
Tattoo-X

I think I have all the DC OverPower. My favorite where the hologram cards.
Only bought a few of the Image. Supposedly they sold most of them to Japan, so they're kinda tough to complete.
I have all but a few of the Marvel. Missing 5-10 chase/promo type cards.

Now you may think you have holes in your collection, but perhaps not.
Not every character had the same number of cards.
Another interesting thing, is that a few cards are reversed, and I think one has part of the image missing. Mmmm, variants in the card world.