Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 04-18-2006, 12:55 AM   #41
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thanks, D. I'll wait patiently (as my toe taps impatiently).
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #42
Bill Murraye
A day without sunshine is like... night.

with a little late hellspawn77 i can confirm you that here in Paris, there are some of the best foundries and bronze artist and i quoted a kabuki project for arround $1650 exactly, for one unit.
here is a link to this french family who is specialized in bronze since 1950:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/chardon.bronze/Untitled-2.html
of course , $1650 include my choice for a brass patin like on the kabuki moore bronze version, but i will ask them to put a second patin with an oxydation appearence...
Moreover, i am not fixed but i think that i will make a 1/4 kabuki based on the moore in resin and give it to this foundery.
Since december, i found an other artist/founder who seems very good...
I will post pics as soon as i received the 1/4 is realized: my dream is to include my kabuki among some of my favorite sideshow pieces: Doom especially, vador maybe...grievous of course... yes i think that some feminization would give some "douceur" in french!
Bill Murraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #43
comicbkguy
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murraye
with a little late hellspawn77 i can confirm you that here in Paris, there are some of the best foundries and bronze artist and i quoted a kabuki project for arround $1650 exactly, for one unit.
of course , $1650 include my choice for a brass patin like on the kabuki moore bronze version, but i will ask them to put a second patin with an oxydation appearence...
Moreover, i am not fixed but i think that i will make a 1/4 kabuki based on the moore in resin and give it to this foundery.
I will post pics as soon as i received the 1/4 is realized: my dream is to include my kabuki among some of my favorite sideshow pieces: Doom especially, vador maybe...grievous of course... yes i think that some feminization would give some "douceur" in french!

I'm a little unclear here. Are you saying that you are going to have the CS Moore piece recast in bronze? Or are you saying that for $1650 you are going to commission a new sculpt that will be cast in bronze? Because if you are going to recast the Moore piece that is illegal. And if the $1650 includes an original sculpt - that is someone who stunningly undervalues their work (and is also technically illegal, since it is someone else's intellectual property, though no one is likely to intercede if only one is being produced). Keep in mind part of the benefit of the Moore piece is that it was sculpted by Clay Moore and that seems to be something you aren't taking into account in my opinion.
I want to make sure and point out that I am saying this without any animosity, so please don't read any into it. I am just not clear on what you are saying. Futhermore, this piece was conceived of, produced, and priced with the understanding that most people wouldn't be interested in it. Traditionally bronze editions sell to a very select clientele due to the price and when sold out quickly increase in value. Clay decided to start doing bronze pieces again when he noticed during the period between the two companies that his older bronze pieces had gone up in value greatly. Doing new bronze pieces keeps the collectors who buy bronzes happy, helps the company and does nothing to effect the value of the prepainted pieces. It is pretty much a situation that is a win for everyone.
Just wanted to point these things out.
comicbkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:45 AM   #44
Bill Murraye

well i understand your point of view! i am not going to reproduce in several units the kabuki statue in bronze! not my goal at all!
i am just trying to make my own bronze statue based on the moore sculpture but in 1/4 scale, so i will resculpt it myself with the help of a machine which can reproduce it in resin by a laser.So it would cost me a lot, and it will not be exactly the same kabuki statue, i will change some little parts of the body.
Nothing seems illegal as it is a single statue only for my collection, i will never sell it because it would have costed me so much money and time! she will stay in my office until my retirement!
About the moore bronze, yes it is for a specific kind of collectors, but why making only 30 units? 100 or 200 would have been great and the cost would have been more interesting!
and i am not satisfied by the face which loses a lot of force in comparison with the painted version.I will put a little removable white mask with black lines in brass, in mine in order to give it some personality: she will need it close to the sideshow predator (with its mask) and Doom....
I insist again: i thought about this bronze version months ago before the official version appeared, and the main reason was to make an 1/4 scale version, ONLY ONE FOR MY PERSONAL COLLECTION! i am the first to respect the moore work and laws....
I will maybe make a 1/3 version for my cinemaquette collection, but not before the middle of 2007.And only one single unit for me, the founder will destroy the negative...
Old 04-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #45
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

She DOES looks HOT in Bronze
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #46
Bill Murraye

YES, better in 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale to fit with the t800 cinemaquette... what a combination!
Old 06-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #47
Foord
The Avengers

Just checked the Moore website and Kabuki bronze is up for order! Lot of coin, for sure.
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #48
hellspawn77
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Yes that is the going price for the actual foundry work but I think you failed to consider that Moore has to at least double the foundry cost to make it profitable. Most of the time you triple or double the foundry cost... normal practice for bronzes.

Quote:
So basically instead of sculpting your own Kabuki, or commisioning someone to do it, you are going to rip off Moore's?

Don't you think that is a bit disrespectful of the artist?

How do you suppose he's going to keep his business going if we don't support his products?

Claudio
hellspawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #49
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

for that much money I rather get a cinemaquette piece...never was a fan of bronze renditions
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote