Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike
Not to be picky (again) But Alan Heinberg was first on Young Avengers at Marvel - so hes not really a fresh tv to comics writer..and I dont think hes the writer of Lost..he did do The OC and i THINK hes on Greys Anatomy now. You may be thinking of the guy doing Ult Wlvy vs Hulk...

<runs back to continue reading>
Ugh! Oh, well. Sorry about that. Looks like I have to do a better job checking Sam's facts.
I've got to run to a client meeting so I can't make the correction right now but appreciate the correction.

And, jdh, no giving away review secrets!!! Seriously, though, I just pick the three from my stack and start the process around 9-10pm after the kids have settled down. Don't usually finish the reviews until midnight and, normally, post the next morning. This time I'm in a hotel half way across the country and have a meeting and then a flight to catch so I got 'em on the boards last night from the hotel room.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #22
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
Speaking of Avenger's Forever, where do you rank that in their alltime stories?

hmm, wktf is not a big fan of it, I'm kinda lukewarm, and I'm pretty sure jdh said he was a fan. It is below "Under Seige", "the Kree/Skrull War", and my personal #1, "the Korvac Saga", but I would also put it above "galactic storm", and any of the more recent ones.

It did give a lot of props to Rick Jones and Avengers history, which is always good, and Pacheo did really well on the art. And it introduced Genis-Vell to the marvel universe, at least for a little while...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #23
melike
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Man, all the good discussion happens when I'm in bed. Stupid time-zone.
And im with Jess - except for the space stuff.. I like the space stuff - dont care for war, spies or cowboys either ;P
I'm not even picking up Slotts cowboy issue which says a lot as i normally pick up everything slotty ..(that sounds weird)..

And Speedball is TOO cool. Well..maybe. I was a big new warriors fan and i had the speedball issues by Diko also..

I'm reading Avengers forever right now (the trade) but its very slow going for some reason..i read 3 issues then leave it for a few months then come back to it..incidentally at my lcs i saw every issue of the series for 1$ (which is rare round these parts)

And sorry for ragging on you guys
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #24
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
And sorry for ragging on you guys

sokay bro, rag away. Just save some for jdh when he does his "ask a british dude" reviews...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #25
melike
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Oh i'm totally fine with hasslng jdh's stuff
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh i'm totally fine with hasslng jdh's stuff
Right! Why should Sam and I have all the fun?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie
Thanks as usual, guys. I appreciate your helping me keep an eye on what's going on in the monthlies.

Since you both have been covering Spider-Man in recent trade reviews, here's a question: have either of you read Spider-Man - Round Robin: The Sidekick's Revenge? I picked this up on a whim at my LCS a while back, and I'm just wondering what i'm in for.

Thanks!
You're welcome, Toxie!

And on that Spider-Man Sidekick's Revenge trade, I'm afraid I haven't read it. Sorry.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #28
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Just need to point out that Metamorpho (another original Outsider) is on the team now, at least as far as we've been told. Shift's absence is unexplained at present.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote