Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 AM   #31
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha
I understand where McNiven is coming from. I also understand that CW is supposed to be a major event changing most of the characters, and wanting to do it right.
I don't see why Marvel didn't slate CW as a Bi-Monthly in the first place. CW should be done right like McNiven says, but, he should be given the time to do so if Marvel wants the REAL looking art, compared to the Classic marvel artists of the 60's through the 80's.
There's no way I blame McNiven and Millar, I blame Marvel and their damn Schedualing.

BUT, why should they need to?

They've been force feeding us this crap for too long now, the comics should be monthly.

Sorry Marvel, but if you want to rush out an unfinished story, just because DC have managed to get their big summer event out on time (so far), you at least have to stick to schedule. Don't be greedy and rush it out to get media hype, then yank it away from us, now the hype is over and you've got your fanbase.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:41 AM   #32
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin
About 80% of my collection is backed up on DVD and by next year I expect all of it to be.
Books now are pretty much worthless because they are printed in the millions and everybody knows that collecting could make you money but these books aren`t decades old.
Maybe in the 90's books were printed in the millions, but there are few if any that meet that type of print run now.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 AM   #33
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Until late books make a major impact on the bottom line, this will always be Standard Operating procedure (especially with Joey "late" Q at the helm). They can spin it untill they strike oil, but someone dropped the ball and it's not good for the industry, retailers, fans and finally in a very small way, the publisher. When the next Civil War hits number one again, the response will be "see, it was worth the wait". The fans that are OK with this are basically voting for more of the same down the road.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #34
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgghh!!
Until late books make a major impact on the bottom line, this will always be Standard Operating procedure (especially with Joey "late" Q at the helm). They can spin it untill they strike oil, but someone dropped the ball and it's not good for the industry, retailers, fans and finally in a very small way, the publisher. When the next Civil War hits number one again, the response will be "see, it was worth the wait". The fans that are OK with this are basically voting for more of the same down the road.

Totally agree, but we can never change it.

We're all like drug addicts, waiting for the next hit from our pusher who is an hour late. The hit'll still be as good, but the agony makes us want it more.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #35
Babytoxie
Ghost

I found this on CBR...

"CIVIL WAR" EDITOR TOM BREVOORT ADDRESSES DELAYS
...The reason for the delay is to ensure that we'll be able to finish this project with the same creative team that we began with, and at the same quality level we've maintained so far. And not that anybody will believe me when I say this, but these delays aren't at all because we're changing the story "Armageddon 2001"-style...

Wow, couldn't resist getting that one in there, eh Tom? Deflect criticism by taking a shot at your competition, and on a 15 year old storyline, at that. Marvel has quite a big mouth, between Joe Q's Fridays and other info dumps they have going with various comic sites. It just makes it easy to see that these guys are full of crap.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #36
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Lord Odin - Can you start a separate thread about how you "back-up" your collection on DVD? I think that would make for a very interesting discussion, and I for one would like to know more about this concept.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:43 AM   #37
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
Lord Odin - Can you start a separate thread about how you "back-up" your collection on DVD? I think that would make for a very interesting discussion, and I for one would like to know more about this concept.
I'm interested too.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #38
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

It's not hard at all. Unfortunately, the mods might not like where the direction of that particular discussion would go.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #39
hungrydaddy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have no problem with the delays. I hate having to wait but I would prefer to have Mcniven finish the art. It is one delay, it is not going to be a killer. It sucks because it is a good book, but I want it to stay good.

Now ultimate wolvy/hulk is a whole different story. that is not even started yet. On this Mcniven is working he just got behind so I don't mind giving him some catch up time in order to do it all. I am just glad they told us why instead of just delaying it silently like they do so many other books.
hungrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote