Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #31
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Thanks for sharing an uplifting story. I think we all get bogged down in the negativity of the news, and it's good to hear something like this. I'm going to share this story with my wife tomorrow. She'll love it.
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:28 AM   #32
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I think this is an EXCELLENT suggestion! I would think countless newspapers would print the story once it was released on the AP wire. With pictures of your daughter and her pictures of your dog.

Fantastic story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
I don't think they would. How I long for the good things that people do to be expressed in our media. Warm fuzzy feelings don't sell. Hatred, divisiveness, polictical bull crap, etc. is all they want to spew. I makes me sick.

Wktf, thank you for sharing this with us. That is a wonderful, wonderful thing anyone could do for your daugther. And not only for your daughter, but everyone that you share this story with.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:33 AM   #33
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71 View Post
I don't think they would. How I long for the good things that people do to be expressed in our media. Warm fuzzy feelings don't sell. Hatred, divisiveness, polictical bull crap, etc. is all they want to spew. I makes me sick.

Wktf, thank you for sharing this with us. That is a wonderful, wonderful thing anyone could do for your daugther. And not only for your daughter, but everyone that you share this story with.
it's this time of story that people like to read about nowadays.. everyone is tired of war and crap that's out there.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:39 AM   #34
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
it's this time of story that people like to read about nowadays.. everyone is tired of war and crap that's out there.
I agree 100%. The major media just doesn't get it, but our citizens are to blame somewhat too. If you were laying in bed getting ready to turn the TV off before a commercial break and the announcer said "Stay tuned for a heart warming story about a letter to God", most people would click the TV off. If the announcer said, " Stay tuned for breaking news of a senator caught in bed with two midgets and gimp" most people would break out the chips and salsa and call their friends. Sad huh?
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote