Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 01-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew
And I can't stand this statue... for I think that comics should be in their own world and not remind us of our everyday lives... I dont want to look at a Captain America statue and think of the way our country is moving... the loss of lives in Iraq... the 9/11 attacks... I dont want that in my comic books... I want my comics to escape from the stress of everyday life... that is what fiction is to me...

Quote:
Perhaps I am alone in my thinking...
I agree with you 100%.
If I want to read about world issues i`ll read the paper.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #12
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
I agree with what you are saying but once in a while the 2 worlds have to meet... just like when South Park makes fun of Certain situations... Its not seperating it just helping you deal with it better....
I agree that once in a while that the two worlds come together... Like for 9/11... I think what Marvel did was not bad... I liked the chracters in New York dealing with the situation... but when Captain America goes and battles terriorists after 9/11... I think that is when they go a little too far...

And no... I dont want to forget about 9/11... I think we need to remember the tragedy of the event... but I think that American's sometimes take things a little too far... right now my pet peeve is those stupid freaking ribbons on cars... How many different ribbons do we need? And now we have those stupid rubber braclets...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #13
sandoverde
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thanks for the responses. I have checked Ebay frequently but it never seems to come up. SIGH.....

Guess I'll just keep checking and saving my pennies.
sandoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #14
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandoverde
Thanks for the responses. I have checked Ebay frequently but it never seems to come up. SIGH.....

Guess I'll just keep checking and saving my pennies.
You might also try conventions for sure it will be there.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #15
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

going to the con in feb looking for this one!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #16
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew
And I can't stand this statue... for I think that comics should be in their own world and not remind us of our everyday lives... I dont want to look at a Captain America statue and think of the way our country is moving... the loss of lives in Iraq... the 9/11 attacks... I dont want that in my comic books... I want my comics to escape from the stress of everyday life... that is what fiction is to me...

Perhaps I am alone in my thinking...
I was going to mention there were a bunch of people who did not like it for the same reasons, but thought the better of it as we've hashed that out before. I respect and appreciate the viewpoint, though.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #17
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It's a good statue, but I wasn't feeling it's point, so it didn't really connect with me. I've been meaning to sell mine for what seems like the past year, but I can't seem to get around to it. If you see #0012 on Ebay, then you know it's coming from me.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of how detailed and large it is. (Excuse the high camera flash in pic 1)

carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #18
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I have no problem with the meaning of the statue, MY friend who owns a comic shop lost his wife in the world trade center, he showed me the statue and said," here's the new capt statue, I really like this one". IF he didnt seem to mind the message with the sculpt why should I.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #19
Saurons I
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It would actually be kind of cool to replace the flag with a custom sculpt of one of the other Avengers injured (or dead) in his arms instead of the flag.
Saurons I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

could have one of the sculptors have him carrying someone body? fallen avenger maybe?